What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try covering with HAO topical and covering with a bandage/bandaid.

You can also leave enough ethanol in a concentrate to allow you to paint it on, and then cover with a bandaid. It's transdermal.

TnTLabs

sorry if this has been addressed here before, but i couldnt find any info...
so, what type of ethanol is ok to use and what types not...
id rather not use ISO as
ive mostly seen Ethanol at 96,6% up to 100%.. mostly sold for fireplaces..
im guessing the 100% version will be the better choice?
anything i have to watch out for?
many thanks

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry if this has been addressed here before, but i couldnt find any info...
so, what type of ethanol is ok to use and what types not...
id rather not use ISO as
ive mostly seen Ethanol at 96,6% up to 100%.. mostly sold for fireplaces..
im guessing the 100% version will be the better choice?
anything i have to watch out for?
many thanks

We typically use 190 proof 95% Everclear, or 200 proof reagent grade. Ethanol for fireplaces has been denatured.

White Beard

Having read to this point, I want to praise the participants for a truly enlightening and informative ride.

I discovered IC and Grey Wolf simultaneously (and Junk117’s Absolute Amber thread). Truly has brought out my inner scientist like nothing since Mr. Wizard.

I’m expecting delivery of a 3.5g Slug soon, and I have high hopes for the addition of whole rosin, which in my mind should qualify as a whole-plant extract.

I have lost two of my best friends and both parents to cancer, and the rest have been taken by cardiovascular disease. Is there experience on tap with CVD, enlarged/thickened coronary arteries, recovery from cardio events?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Having read to this point, I want to praise the participants for a truly enlightening and informative ride.

I discovered IC and Grey Wolf simultaneously (and Junk117’s Absolute Amber thread). Truly has brought out my inner scientist like nothing since Mr. Wizard.

I’m expecting delivery of a 3.5g Slug soon, and I have high hopes for the addition of whole rosin, which in my mind should qualify as a whole-plant extract.

I have lost two of my best friends and both parents to cancer, and the rest have been taken by cardiovascular disease. Is there experience on tap with CVD, enlarged/thickened coronary arteries, recovery from cardio events?

The best resource I've found for cannabis studies on the various maladies is Granny Storm Crow's list. Check:

https://grannystormcrowslist.wordpress.com/the-list/

The most knowledeable person that I've found on the medical properties of phytocannabinoids on our endocannabinoid systems is Dr Robert Melamede. A brilliant, yet down to earth scientist that is personable and easy to talk to. He is now semi-retired and with Phoenix Tears. I suggest you seek him out and pick his keen minds:

https://www.medicaljane.com/directory/professional/dr-robert-melamede/

Last edited:

White Beard

Melee Ed has two videos on YT, of the same basic lecture. I watched both of them...I’m stunned.

It is no kidding some of the most brilliant conceptual synthesis I’ve ever run across. I feel like I understand cannabis as a medicine now much more fully than ever before.

I have to thank you again for mentioning him often enough for me to catch on!

I’m in that place where I want to talk about it, but I know I don’t know enough yet to talk about it...

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Melee Ed has two videos on YT, of the same basic lecture. I watched both of them...I’m stunned.

It is no kidding some of the most brilliant conceptual synthesis I’ve ever run across. I feel like I understand cannabis as a medicine now much more fully than ever before.

I have to thank you again for mentioning him often enough for me to catch on!

I’m in that place where I want to talk about it, but I know I don’t know enough yet to talk about it...

Yup, we sponsored him for a lecture in Portland, and were also blown away. I would share the video, but alas, the video technician blew out the sound.

White Beard

A shame about that...I wonder if he’d be willing to do an interview? He touched on whole areas that are fascinating, I’d love to hear him unpack some of that...

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A shame about that...I wonder if he’d be willing to do an interview? He touched on whole areas that are fascinating, I’d love to hear him unpack some of that...

You can always call and ask. He worked with us about 7 years ago and is now semi retired, so may have more time.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I have stage 2 rectal cancer..

I have stage 2 rectal cancer..

I was diagnosed with cancer about 3 years ago. I’ve had Radiation and Chemo to shrink my tumor and Lower Antierior Resection to remove it. My surgeon knew he didn’t get it all. Followed by more chemo, Oxaliplatin and Xeloda for 6 months or so. I had PET/CT Scans which showed that I was clear. Went off chemo and had a recurrence 6 months later and was put on Xeloda and Avastin.

I just had a trip to the ER due to an infection and abscess in my rectum. I’m currently in rehab to get my strength back. Taking 60 mg of morphine extended release and Norco for breakthrough pain.

All of my treatments have been good and I’m no longer on chemotherapy.

I’m feeling real good and think it’s time to try RSO Therapy.

I would like some advice on dosage (how to use) and approximate costs.

I’ll be getting out of rehab soon and would like to start soon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peace :dance013:

White Beard

I was diagnosed with cancer about 3 years ago. I’ve had Radiation and Chemo to shrink my tumor and Lower Antierior Resection to remove it. My surgeon knew he didn’t get it all. Followed by more chemo, Oxaliplatin and Xeloda for 6 months or so. I had PET/CT Scans which showed that I was clear. Went off chemo and had a recurrence 6 months later and was put on Xeloda and Avastin.

I just had a trip to the ER due to an infection and abscess in my rectum. I’m currently in rehab to get my strength back. Taking 60 mg of morphine extended release and Norco for breakthrough pain.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, brother. I haven’t been thru it myself, but so many of my loved ones.

I have not been to this site, but I’ve seen it referred to as a good place to start. There are videos on YT, and I believe Grey Wolf’s analysis of the procedure Rick used is worth reading. It’s here on IC, as I believe are his suggestions on how to do it in a more consistent and repeatable fashion.

The ultimate point of RSO is to take a minimum of one gram of fully-decarbed whole-plant extract every day for 90 days (as I understand it) and I don’t think it matters whether you eat it, smoke it, vape it, or drink it as long as it adds up to that dose. Doses above that can be used, but healing takes a lot of energy, so someone may not snap back quickly after they begin treatment; it’s not always a help to offer the body more healing that it’s able to use.

T

Teddybrae

I have the idea the oil needs to be ingested. ie: eaten.

I have an immune system disorder: Erythrodermic Psoriasis. Made some RSO out of a Sativa variety and tried to vape a gram a day. It was crazy! The Sativa gave me a huge charge of energy that my body was too weak to use, so it was like massive anxiety instead.

Eventually Australia's Medicine Man, Tony Bower (see Mullawaymedicalcannabis.com.au) advised me I was a blockhead. that ingest meant eat!

He sent me some stuff and sure enough cannabis eliminated the symptoms of my disorder enough so that I function pretty well today.

At present I eat 3/4 gram of finely ground heads a day (not oil) as biscuits ... and it keeps the doctor away.

Last edited:

White Beard

Great news, Teddy!

I’m working out a doable daily prophylactic dose, around the idea that cannabis is a scientific unicorn: a true adaptogen, as is ginseng (tho the two are very different).

Western medicine is hampered by the official belief that there *are* no tonics, that ailments and treatments are specific and unchanging. It’s the fundamental assumption underlying modern medicine.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Peace be with you brother! Sending you good thoughts.

We've stuck to Rick Simpson's original dosage of a gram a day in three dosages of 330mg. It usually takes a month or so to work up to that dosage and at Dr Melemede's advice, also supplied Citicolene to take 30 minutes before the oil dose, at the rate of 3X the oil dose, to ameliorate the head effects of the high THC.

Rick recommended Indica strains, which are lower in THC and contain more CBD than Sativa dominant strains, which also mollifies the THC effects.

Don't plan to get much else done while using the high dosages, because you will mostly feel like sleeping and which your body needs to recover. The cannabis isn't healing the cancer, it is jump starting your own immune system, so that it takes care of the tumor itself as nature originally intended.

Alas, most of the patients who dropped out of the cannabis treatment program, did so because they had just too too much to accomplish to be so lethargic, so you need a plan that includes giving your body the space to recover.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback...

Thanks for the feedback...

I’m laying here in rehab. They had me on 45mg of MS Contin three times a day. Let’s say I wasn’t getting much done. Also all the Norco I wanted.

I don’t want to get hooked on this shit.

What’s the best way to take 330mg of the THC?

I grow my own Indica, but 90 grams of the stuff means I will probably need to pick some up at the club

Again, thanks for the great feedback.

Peace Brother :tiphat:

T

Teddybrae

Hope you get well soon 420s. My friend was on Oxycontin and he became afraid of the hallucinations ... esp early morn when Nurses weren't around.

Also re low THC high CBD. I use Mango Haze which is high CBD.

Tony Bower in Oz has developed a very low THC high CBD Indica. Police tested ... can't find THC!

Keep up the good work Guys!

LostTribe

Premium user
3 x 330 mg capsules of pure bho or qwet (needs to be decarboxylated right GW??) per day for 90 days maybe more.

Latest posts

Latest posts