X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by herbgreen View Post
    It was really for a guy who hasnt drank in long time...didnt want the booze near him

that was all

Rick Simpson used it but yeah, not really ideal

Gray wolf says v & p contains benzene or converts to benzene?

even if benzene evaporates @ 180F but the residuals may be carcinogenic I dont know

Rick is not super tech on some stuff but I think he eventually started using N-hexane

must differ to gray wolf on most this.....He has the experience

You can remove the ethanol before using the RSO, so shouldn't be an issue with Friends of Bill.

Unless you are testing your concentrate for residual Benzene, I wouldn't count on its complete removal after using Naphtha for extraction. If you are intent on not using alcohol, I suggest using Pentane or Heptane instead of Naphtha.

Leave a comment:

• Dog Star
    replied
    What about ingesting rosin,are rosin good extract to treat cancers????

Leave a comment:

• Gray Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by LostTribe View Post
    Should I winterize it? IE freeze for 24 hrs then strain out again before evap? When I do that it turns into jolly ranchers.

Don't want it to harden up in the syringe.

QWET shouldn't require winterizing.

It won't harden into jolly ranchers if it is fully decarboxylated.

I suggest doing so in a 250F hot oil bath, so that you can watch the CO2 bubble production to monitor progress.

Leave a comment:

• Gray Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by LostTribe View Post

GW if you see this post or anyone else with knowledge is there a way to scrap the QWET up and get it into the syringes? Heat? Will they harden up or will I be able to squeeze oil out? The last few times I made anything but BHO it was super hard like jolly ranchers once scraped up.

If you have the oil decarboxylated, it should easily draw up into the syringes when above about 125F.

At low outside temperatures, you may have to warm up the syringe to dispense it later.

Leave a comment:

• herbgreen
    replied
    It was really for a guy who hasnt drank in long time...didnt want the booze near him

that was all

Rick Simpson used it but yeah, not really ideal

Gray wolf says v & p contains benzene or converts to benzene?

even if benzene evaporates @ 180F but the residuals may be carcinogenic I dont know

Rick is not super tech on some stuff but I think he eventually started using N-hexane

must differ to gray wolf on most this.....He has the experience

Leave a comment:

• troutman
    replied
    Alcohol like everclear or something is better

I think benzene evaporates off at 180F but yeah, its basically paint thinner.
    Please don't use benzene. It's known to cause cancer.

Stick with using an alcohol if you don't know much about chemistry.

Leave a comment:

• herbgreen
    replied
    May have to wait for Gray Wolf on that one......

Leave a comment:

• troutman
    replied
    Maybe put the syringe in a baggie and soak in warm water to help liquify.

Maybe a drop of virgin olive oil or canola oil with omega fatty acids in it would keep it liquid forever.

Leave a comment:

• LostTribe
    replied
    Use like a little coffee warmer under just enough heat to get into syringe

Rick simpson uses one w/ stainless measuring cup in "Run From the Cure" link is a couple posts back...

Super Dry material is ideal for extraction should be a good one....

Should I winterize it? IE freeze for 24 hrs then strain out again before evap? When I do that it turns into jolly ranchers.

Don't want it to harden up in the syringe.

Leave a comment:

• herbgreen
    replied
    Use like a little coffee warmer under just enough heat to get into syringe

Rick simpson uses one w/ stainless measuring cup in "Run From the Cure" link is a couple posts back...

Super Dry material is ideal for extraction should be a good one....

Leave a comment:

• LostTribe
    replied
    Like i said its not ideal

I think benzene evaporates off at 180F but yeah, its basically paint thinner

Its been used plenty without issues but I would not reach for it myself

If you can pull off an indoor reclaim like that its cool but a first timer might burn his house down giving that a try

The guy who built the iso2 has an iso3 now Youre probably the guy I heard about from!

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/iso-3-by-d-gold/

That's seems more like a hash oil for smoking that comes from that sort of thing....

There are safe ways to go about it And you got a system thats safe for you

I always say 'outside' because i just never want RSO connected to fires another reason for the rice cooker
    Last time I made QWET I used Everclear that I had in the freezer for a few days. Did a quick wash and ran it through coffee filters and just left it with a fan blowing over it. Took 2 days to evaporate off from memory but still faster than 90 Iso.

Considering making some syringes out of some flowers that are getting old and dry. They are definitely decarbed as they are over a year old. Just kind of putting it off but I think it would be good to make some oil to keep on hand.

GW if you see this post or anyone else with knowledge is there a way to scrap the QWET up and get it into the syringes? Heat? Will they harden up or will I be able to squeeze oil out? The last few times I made anything but BHO it was super hard like jolly ranchers once scraped up.

Leave a comment:

• herbgreen
    replied
    Like i said its not ideal

I think benzene evaporates off at 180F but yeah, its basically paint thinner

Its been used plenty without issues but I would not reach for it myself

If you can pull off an indoor reclaim like that its cool but a first timer might burn his house down giving that a try

The guy who built the iso2 has an iso3 now Youre probably the guy I heard about from!

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/iso-3-by-d-gold/

That's seems more like a hash oil for smoking that comes from that sort of thing....

There are safe ways to go about it And you got a system thats safe for you

I always say 'outside' because i just never want RSO connected to fires another reason for the rice cooker

Leave a comment:

• Gray Wolf
    replied
    Outside

use a rice cooker

no flame no spark ect

RUN FROM THE CURE Rick Simpson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ5HiHUdbuk

Rick Simpsons web site

https://phoenixtears.ca/

Look into to food grade alcohol like everclear ect. for solvent

V & P naphtha I have heard is food grade also Its been used by Rick Simpson and he did recommend it at one time

The V & P with blue tin if you must avoid alcohol but the solvent is removed....And as been said V & P may not be ideal

maybe its not good to have moonshine around if you could be tempted ....have a friend or caregiver make it
    Varnish and Paint Naptha isn't food grade, despite Rick's fondness for it. The name Naphtha designates a boiling point range, vis a vis a specific hydrocarbon and the range includes Benzene, a know carcinogen.

Better to use Pentane or Heptane. Hexane will also work, but our livers turn Hexane into 2.5 Hexane Dione, which is also a known carcinogen.

A rice cooker works, though does smell.

I ran my still in a fondue pot full of hot oil.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• herbgreen
    replied
    Outside

use a rice cooker

no flame no spark ect

RUN FROM THE CURE Rick Simpson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ5HiHUdbuk

Rick Simpsons web site

https://phoenixtears.ca/

Look into to food grade alcohol like everclear ect. for solvent

V & P naphtha I have heard is food grade also Its been used by Rick Simpson and he did recommend it at one time

The V & P with blue tin if you must avoid alcohol but the solvent is removed....And as been said V & P may not be ideal

maybe its not good to have moonshine around if you could be tempted ....have a friend or caregiver make it
    Last edited by herbgreen; 05-09-2019, 02:19.

Leave a comment:

• OkThen
    replied
    Hi GW,
    I have asked around,checked online and Craigs, but no luck so far for a caregiver. In Alaska it seems, its mostly about the money. I don't have bottomless pit of dough to work with, so I need to be prudent. As i say, min cost of weed is about $$250 an oz. I would like to stick to organically grown or at least soil. I think there may be a group in Anchorage, so will look into that also. I think it would be good to have the 90g sourced before staring on a regiment.

I haven't had a drink in 34 years so i'm avoiding alcohol. I realize most of the alcohol gets dissipated.
    I'll look at a small still to see if its an option. My stove is open flame gas, so not a good idea to cook off alcohol on that. ;-) I'll also look at using a fan.

Thanks for everyone's interest. I'm tryin to stay in a positive frame of mind.
    Blessings to all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X