X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TerpeneDream
    replied
    Originally posted by GrowGoddess View Post
    I 100% agree in regards to using safe solvents and heat purging causing damage.

I have been sticking with safe products. Grain alcohol is not only safe when it comes to consuming the concentrate. It is much safer than any other flammable solvent I have used. It does not put off the intense fumes like ISO can (only done in the house during a QWET or QWISO extraction, no heat used at all).
    View Image View Image

I quit smoking cigarettes and switched to e-cigarettes. I really liked the flavor of the one I got most accustomed to. I started thinking that I really don't know what that flavoring is. Then I decided to start mixing my own e-cigarette oils with NF Organic extracts for flavoring. I know that PG USP and PEG400 NF/USP are not exactly good for you, but at least I know what I am consuming vs. the pre-mixed store bought e-cigg juices. That is why I always tell patients to make the oil themselves, then they know what they are getting. Sad that it is so difficult to trust these days, businesses and the general public. You can also use these flavorings in concentrates.
    View Image

The grain alcohol can produce some really nice oil. This oil was not winterized or paper filtered. It was filtered a couple of times using a metal mesh reusable coffee filter. Most of my filtering is done by gravity. It only requires some patience.
    View Image

So are you just letting the wash evaporate? That's what someone here recommend. Sounds like a great idea, no heat damage.

I want to then distill the whole plant and add that back into rso.

It's called RSO+. I can't find the website now, hmm

But,

It seems like Everclear Evaporated RSO+ may be the cleanest most pure and medical oil, using the harsh solvent method

Cheers to the plant and everyone who has helped share truth and light

* A new thought on soak times:

You know, some people (Rick Simpson, namely) says only 3 minutes.
    Well sure, shorter times may give you all of the noticeable effect you're going to get. BUT, we we don't exactly first hand see the cancer disappearing as intense as we notice "high",
    well, then,
    How could all that extra chlorophyll and plant matter hurt?
    I think we ought to try to consume all of the plant.

So:

SS(Slow soaked) EE (Everclear Evaporated) RSO(Rick Simpson Oil) +(Plus) =

SS.EE.RSO+

Ha, but I still like the idea of the count oil soak and eating all of the plant over the harsh solvent method's.

Answer?@!:

Both
    Last edited by TerpeneDream; 08-11-2015, 08:36.

Leave a comment:

• LostTribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    Thanks for the good thoughts brother HS!

I would use oil and coconut oil or Holy Shit. The coconut oil ties up the liver processing it and the cannabinoids stay in your system longer.

I prefer Holy Shit, which is a 62% solution using a winterized Absolute, so the oil used concentration is higher than straight RSO.

The cinnamon cleans neurotransmitter debris out of receptor sites, so as to make more available, among its other medicinal properties.

500 mg three times a day would give you 930 grams of concentrate, which equates to more than a gram a day of RSO by using an Absolute, rather than raw Oleoresin.

PS: You will most likely have to work him up to that dosage slowly, and you can do it faster if you first adminster 3X the cannabis dosage in Citicolene 20 minutes before administering the oil dosage. It will help mitigate the psychoactive effects of the THC.

To determine his tolerance, administer 30 mg and determine the reaction. Titrate up slowly based on his reaction in 4 hour intervals. Standard tolerance is about three drops, which is right at 100 mg.
    Brother Wolfman,

We have a friend trying to help a person in need what is your current recommendation for dealing with a cancerous brain tumor, 3rd remission....

As always, Your best advise brother.....

much praise

LT

Leave a comment:

• Gray Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Heusinomics View Post
    Thanks for the quick response GW!

I forgot to ask one last Q..
    Can you comment on using THC vs CBD?..
    Or wether you can recommend one or the other?
    I do hav a recent AcDc harvest I plan to extract so I will have both types of bho to use in the Holy Shit & HAO.
    Both have their medicinal properties. For Cancer, the studies I've seen suggest that THC is the main player with cancer and CBD with pain, seizures, etc.

It also appears to be the principle player with Alzheimers. When we switched our patient to a high CBD strain, she returned to being frightened and combative.

Leave a comment:

• Heusinomics
    replied
    Thanks for the quick response GW!

I forgot to ask one last Q..
    Can you comment on using THC vs CBD?..
    Or wether you can recommend one or the other?
    I do hav a recent AcDc harvest I plan to extract so I will have both types of bho to use in the Holy Shit & HAO.

Leave a comment:

• Gray Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Heusinomics View Post
    Grey wolf- thanks for all your hard work in the cannabis comunity!
    Your tireless effort is an inspiration! And your willingness to share knolage is truly selfless so I thank you many times over as Iv learned so many lessons, and look forward to the time I can make a pilgrimage to the farm for hands on learning..

My Q. Is what your current recommendations/preferances are regarding cancer treatments.
    Specifically what you recommend for oral treetment of cancer?
    1. Stright bho@1gram per day.? Ie. rso style goo gobbling...
    2. bho + coconut oil to equal 1g/day concentrate? If so what ratios?
    3. Holy shit oral recipe equaling 1g/day concentrate?(Several aplications)
    Any less/more concentrate?....

I hav ordered the essential oils n will b making HAO & HSO but was jst unsure which method you recommend.

Looking to Giv my father a 90day treetment to lower PSA from a prostate cancer removal.
    Thanks again for all you help!
    All the best to those whom are suffering or treating those they love
    N oc big ups,respect,and happy growing!
    Thanks for the good thoughts brother HS!

I would use oil and coconut oil or Holy Shit. The coconut oil ties up the liver processing it and the cannabinoids stay in your system longer.

I prefer Holy Shit, which is a 62% solution using a winterized Absolute, so the oil used concentration is higher than straight RSO.

The cinnamon cleans neurotransmitter debris out of receptor sites, so as to make more available, among its other medicinal properties.

500 mg three times a day would give you 930 grams of concentrate, which equates to more than a gram a day of RSO by using an Absolute, rather than raw Oleoresin.

PS: You will most likely have to work him up to that dosage slowly, and you can do it faster if you first adminster 3X the cannabis dosage in Citicolene 20 minutes before administering the oil dosage. It will help mitigate the psychoactive effects of the THC.

To determine his tolerance, administer 30 mg and determine the reaction. Titrate up slowly based on his reaction in 4 hour intervals. Standard tolerance is about three drops, which is right at 100 mg.

Leave a comment:

• Heusinomics
    replied
    Grey wolf- thanks for all your hard work in the cannabis comunity!
    Your tireless effort is an inspiration! And your willingness to share knolage is truly selfless so I thank you many times over as Iv learned so many lessons, and look forward to the time I can make a pilgrimage to the farm for hands on learning..

My Q. Is what your current recommendations/preferances are regarding cancer treatments.
    Specifically what you recommend for oral treetment of cancer?
    1. Stright bho@1gram per day.? Ie. rso style goo gobbling...
    2. bho + coconut oil to equal 1g/day concentrate? If so what ratios?
    3. Holy shit oral recipe equaling 1g/day concentrate?(Several aplications)
    Any less/more concentrate?....

I hav ordered the essential oils n will b making HAO & HSO but was jst unsure which method you recommend.

Looking to Giv my father a 90day treetment to lower PSA from a prostate cancer removal.
    Thanks again for all you help!
    All the best to those whom are suffering or treating those they love
    N oc big ups,respect,and happy growing!

Leave a comment:

• GrowGoddess
    replied
    Originally posted by medicalmj View Post
    GW makes a great point about what RSO denotes versus connotes. I felt compelled to explain this to a cancer patient since they wanted to treat with "RSO". If you have read the studies than you will be a proponent of cannabis oil. However, if they watch/read how it's made than less than ideal outcomes may transpire. Such as them thinking this is too crude and dangerous and stick with pharma poison, or not question the process and procure it from said methods. Therefore, I went into detail describing everything GW did. So yeah, so long as we understand each other call it whatever.

On an equally important side note, I suggest 190 proof Everclear. You can stop the purge/evap when it still contains the solvent, booze. Simple calculations can give % yield for given volume. And I have concluded that last few minutes of purging out all the solvent is the most damaging.
    I 100% agree in regards to using safe solvents and heat purging causing damage.

I have been sticking with safe products. Grain alcohol is not only safe when it comes to consuming the concentrate. It is much safer than any other flammable solvent I have used. It does not put off the intense fumes like ISO can (only done in the house during a QWET or QWISO extraction, no heat used at all).

I quit smoking cigarettes and switched to e-cigarettes. I really liked the flavor of the one I got most accustomed to. I started thinking that I really don't know what that flavoring is. Then I decided to start mixing my own e-cigarette oils with NF Organic extracts for flavoring. I know that PG USP and PEG400 NF/USP are not exactly good for you, but at least I know what I am consuming vs. the pre-mixed store bought e-cigg juices. That is why I always tell patients to make the oil themselves, then they know what they are getting. Sad that it is so difficult to trust these days, businesses and the general public. You can also use these flavorings in concentrates.

The grain alcohol can produce some really nice oil. This oil was not winterized or paper filtered. It was filtered a couple of times using a metal mesh reusable coffee filter. Most of my filtering is done by gravity. It only requires some patience.

Leave a comment:

• medicalmj
    replied
    I have never used naphtha. When I first saw the video and then looked into naphtha, it looked too scary to me. He also mentioned that 99% isopropyl alcohol would be an acceptable alternative so that is what I chose to use.

Using or not using the term RSO seems to be an ongoing debate on most forums. I never looked at it by your perspective before Gray Wolf. I, like you, would not recommend the use of naphtha in making a concentrate. The only solvent I choose to use for extracting nowadays is 200 proof ethanol or 192 proof polish vodka.

Call it RSO, iso concentrate, ethyl concentrate, what have you. For me the term RSO is more of a process not ingredients. The process of heat decarbing a concentrate utilizing a rice cooker. If it is more accommodating to not use that term, I'm okay with that. Too bad I can't edit my introduction... I will go back and clear up the fact that I do NOT use naphtha.

Either way, I am sticking with my ND Sap

Thanks for the additional book suggestions!! It never hurts to learn more.
    GW makes a great point about what RSO denotes versus connotes. I felt compelled to explain this to a cancer patient since they wanted to treat with "RSO". If you have read the studies than you will be a proponent of cannabis oil. However, if they watch/read how it's made than less than ideal outcomes may transpire. Such as them thinking this is too crude and dangerous and stick with pharma poison, or not question the process and procure it from said methods. Therefore, I went into detail describing everything GW did. So yeah, so long as we understand each other call it whatever.

On an equally important side note, I suggest 190 proof Everclear. You can stop the purge/evap when it still contains the solvent, booze. Simple calculations can give % yield for given volume. And I have concluded that last few minutes of purging out all the solvent is the most damaging.

Leave a comment:

• GrowGoddess
    replied
    I have never used naphtha. When I first saw the video and then looked into naphtha, it looked too scary to me. He also mentioned that 99% isopropyl alcohol would be an acceptable alternative so that is what I chose to use.

Using or not using the term RSO seems to be an ongoing debate on most forums. I never looked at it by your perspective before Gray Wolf. I, like you, would not recommend the use of naphtha in making a concentrate. The only solvent I choose to use for extracting nowadays is 200 proof ethanol or 192 proof polish vodka.

Call it RSO, iso concentrate, ethyl concentrate, what have you. For me the term RSO is more of a process not ingredients. The process of heat decarbing a concentrate utilizing a rice cooker. If it is more accommodating to not use that term, I'm okay with that. Too bad I can't edit my introduction... I will go back and clear up the fact that I do NOT use naphtha.

Either way, I am sticking with my ND Sap

Thanks for the additional book suggestions!! It never hurts to learn more.

Leave a comment:

• Gray Wolf
    replied
    Some keen books to check out, is The Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple, by Stewart, Perfume and flavor materials of natural origin, by Arctander and set of The Essential Oils by Guenther.

Also Handbook of Experimental Pharmacy, Part III.

Leave a comment:

• Gray Wolf
    replied
    Thanks! This gets me pointed in the right direction.

I have a little over 1/4 oz of RSO left. I don't plan to make it again since I prefer the natural decarbing. I do want to do some experimenting with the RSO and try to add back the missing terpenes from other essential oils. I would like to see if I can get it as close to the natural decarbed oil as possible. I probably won't succeed but will be worth trying. I may discover something new. You don't know until you try.

Thanks for the book recommendation too. I just want to learn more and experience more.
    Thanks for the insight GG!

A little insight into the meaning of the name RSO locally, just to put things in perspective! It means oil extracted using naphtha to extract and a rice cooker to purge.

Typically still containing residual solvent beyond FDA 5000 PPM limits, for even Class III solvents, but actually typically containing Class I solvents like benzene from the Varnish and Paint Makers "pharmaceutical grade" Rick recommends, and which the FDA says should be avoided and limited to 2 ppm in the best of circumstances.

Kudos and accolades to Rick for his contributions and sacrifices, because we are with out question indebted to him for suffering the sacrifices for leading the way.

Using the term RSO does present problems in communication however, because I don't advocate the use of naphtha for extraction, due to the carcinogenic nature of some of its constituents.

If we are indeed talking about RSO extracted using Naphtha, I recommend not using it, unless death is your other alternative.

No firm fixed data, just the tongue in cheek reluctance to tempt my immune system with other carcinogens, most especially if it is already struggling with what it already has?

If we are using RSO as a term to simply and rightfully honor Rick, may I suggest that it is a nice gesture, but only adds confusion on this forum at this stage of evolution in cannabis concentrates extraction and processing.

Extracting with carcinogens because there is no other available alternative at a given patients snapshot in time, is a different issue than the situation most of us find ourselves in, and what I personally recommend if there are more salubrious alternatives.

May we agree that by what ever name we hail undeniably hot Mary, it is she of whom we speak, and the most effective process of delivering her uncontaminated charms is what we seek?

In that line of thought, may we not unintentionally direct noobes toward Rick's Napha process, by including concentrates that were used several thousand years before Rick, or more salubrious ones formulated since then, under the generic term RSO?
    Last edited by Gray Wolf; 02-28-2015, 15:09.

Leave a comment:

• GrowGoddess
    replied
    Robert Clark has a good list starting on page 203 of his book Hashish.

Here is another good list.
    Thanks! This gets me pointed in the right direction.

I have a little over 1/4 oz of RSO left. I don't plan to make it again since I prefer the natural decarbing. I do want to do some experimenting with the RSO and try to add back the missing terpenes from other essential oils. I would like to see if I can get it as close to the natural decarbed oil as possible. I probably won't succeed but will be worth trying. I may discover something new. You don't know until you try.

Thanks for the book recommendation too. I just want to learn more and experience more.

Leave a comment:

• Gray Wolf
    replied
    Robert Clark has a good list starting on page 203 of his book Hashish.

Here is another good list.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GrowGoddess
    replied
    You can uptake all the terpenes by through the nasal passages. I couched locked myself whiffing a bottle of b Myrcene.
    Thanks, I wrote that down. Will put it on my things to order list!

The frankincense oil kind of gives me a little buzz when I sniff it. Keeping in mind, I am on maintenance doses of oil.

You wouldn't happen to know exactly what terpenes are in the marijuana would you? I am sure it varies from strain to strain, but the general terpenes and monoterpenes would be nice to know. The essential oil books I ordered mention some have interactions with certain medications. Especially terpenes that thin the blood.

I am still a beginner when it comes to essential oils. I include marijuana as an essential oil. Most people do not realize how valuable terpenes are and how much they can effect the buzz and medicinal aspects.

I just want to learn more about this. It seems to be endless.

After I have a full understanding of terpenes I want to become more educated about CBDs. Especially considering the marijuana plant has the highest variety of CBDs. I suppose the CBDs can also have an effect on medications too.

I do have a good understanding that the marijuana plant being so high in CBDs that it is a very complex plant. It is truly a gift from the Creator.

Leave a comment:

• Gray Wolf
    replied
    Yes, I would be very interested to see the results. What is it? and so on.
    After doing some reading about essential oils and terpenes, I realize that they are oil soluble so doing an alcohol extraction you are getting the terpenes. Obviously you are losing a majority when applying heat.

Anyway, on the subject, I have only really discovered the terpenes when I came across the naturally decarbed oils. At least that is when I noticed them and felt the difference. One of the terpenes from the cannabis plant seems to be a sesquiterpene(sp), which apparently is kind of rare. One that passes through the blood brain barrier. There could be drug interactions with cannabis terpenes. It would be nice to use the GC if it is capable of identifying exactly what terpenes are in the oil even the buds. That is mentioned in the books about essential oils. Not the cannabis terpenes, but other plant terpenes and how they can interact with blood thinners and such, even replace them.

It seems like there is no end to the capabilities of the cannabis plant. Still much to learn that's for sure!

I have to say, that frankincense oil smells really good!! Apparently you can uptake terpenes just by smelling it.
    You can uptake all the terpenes by through the nasal passages. I couched locked myself whiffing a bottle of b Myrcene.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X