What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I don't claim to know everything, but studying medicine. I realized that the human body, like all living things, was created in water, and we live with the help of oxygen. In a body that functions well and everything is in balance. the level of oxygen and hydration is favorable and slightly alkaline everywhere. cancer cells cannot live or develop in an alkaline environment. thc is certainly not a cure for cancer. but cannabinoids have the power to bring a person into a state of relaxation and positive thinking, which are the biggest factors for a person to have a high level of oxidation. I think hemp is like doping for meditation. Even in a severe state of trance, the human body is capable of healing itself. Any stress squeezes our muscles and circulatory system and thus we become acidified. And every stress interrupts our energy flow. In a state of total relaxation that can be achieved through transcendental meditation. the body does what the brain thinks even in that state. is the body capable of healing absolutely everything. that's some of my experience with human health.

moose eater

I don't claim to know everything, but studying medicine. I realized that the human body, like all living things, was created in water, and we live with the help of oxygen. In a body that functions well and everything is in balance. the level of oxygen and hydration is favorable and slightly alkaline everywhere. cancer cells cannot live or develop in an alkaline environment. thc is certainly not a cure for cancer. but cannabinoids have the power to bring a person into a state of relaxation and positive thinking, which are the biggest factors for a person to have a high level of oxidation. I think hemp is like doping for meditation. Even in a severe state of trance, the human body is capable of healing itself. Any stress squeezes our muscles and circulatory system and thus we become acidified. And every stress interrupts our energy flow. In a state of total relaxation that can be achieved through transcendental meditation. the body does what the brain thinks even in that state. is the body capable of healing absolutely everything. that's some of my experience with human health.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I understand that there are such studies, but there are also studies that garlic, turmeric, sage, frankincense and many other herbs help with, prevent the growth of, or reduce cancer cells. I believe that cannabinoids are a good weapon in the fight against cancer. and it has been scientifically proven that they are. but when we talk about it being a cure for cancer. such as an antibiotic against bacterial infections. where after taking the first dose we already see an improvement in the patient's picture and the disappearance of symptoms, certainly not in that sense. I think that cancer, like most other diseases, should be treated in the head first. And that's where cannabinoids help a lot.

moose eater

There are men who benefit from THC/CBD in re. to reduction of testosterone, as well as potentially reducing the blood vessels that feed tumors.

Not all men benefit from anti-androgen therapies of varous sorts, and in many cases, they are temporary in effectiveness (anti-androgen tx, to include Lupron, etc., -and- THC/CBD), sometimes providing benefit for a short time, and for others years.

That seems to be a different function (possibly with the exception of reduction of blood vessels feeding tumors) in the mice study and THC-A, where tumors were reduced by both size and weight, but while the mice continued gaining body weight.

Tumors are/can be crafty little devils, with the capacity to deprive the rest of your body of nutritionn, hoarding it for themselves. Like dietary corrupt traffic cops; directing your food/nutrition to feed the tumors rather than you. Thus persons sometimes lose weight without chemo therapy, etc., simply due to the misdirection of the nutrition by the cancer.

The THC-A study is promising, imo, BUT, they were synthesizing 2 specific cannabinoids.

Most of us don't have the capacity to do that. So the alternative is to eat a bunch of THC-A and hope the array of cannabinoids is sufficient to provide the amount needed of those -2- cannabinoids.

Not everyone benefits from the same drugs in the same ways, either.

The up-side of THC-A versus THC in these efforts is the 'different' effects of THC-A versus THC.

HOWEVER(!!!) I've found through my own experience that anyone telling you that THC-A has no psycho-active effect hasn't taken it, or hasn't taken very much of it. It sure as hell has had an effect on me. Though sometimes a bit of a combined sense of intoxication on THC, (to a leser degree) and a stimulant. of some sort.

It's also possible that the remedies I was using, all of which have been tested in one context or another, in vivo and invitro (chaga, bitter melon, THC-A extract, etc.) were slowing my cancer, and that now, if the growth proceeds at a geometric rate more quickly than it already was, that may be an indication that it had some positive effect, and possibly indicate a need for more of it, etc.

Provenge is an immuno-therapy drug that involves 3 transfusions, and more or less (in lay terms) training your immune system to attack the prostate cancer cells. However, as stated, it seems to only help 20% of those hwo receive the treatment, and reduces mortality by about 28%. The combined cost of the 3 transfusions, performed over the course of a month, is about $100,000 last year, based on National US averages, I presume.

Injections of Lupron are/can be outrageously expensive, depending on where you get them. In the UK a time-release/extended release injection of Lupron (covering 3-4 months if I recall) is about $235 USD. There are clinics in the US charging as much as $38,000 for a single injection, of a drug that has been around for decades, but for the fact that they cook up a newer extended release patent every X number of years keeps the black-hearted pharmaceutical corps in business with fat wallets..

moose eater

I understand that there are such studies, but there are also studies that garlic, turmeric, sage, frankincense and many other herbs help with, prevent the growth of, or reduce cancer cells. I believe that cannabinoids are a good weapon in the fight against cancer. and it has been scientifically proven that they are. but when we talk about it being a cure for cancer. such as an antibiotic against bacterial infections. where after taking the first dose we already see an improvement in the patient's picture and the disappearance of symptoms, certainly not in that sense. I think that cancer, like most other diseases, should be treated in the head first. And that's where cannabinoids help a lot.
In the NIH study above involving, the 2 synthesized THC-A cannabinoids and pancreatic cancer tumors in mice, the tumors were reduced in size/weight in the first 5 days of tx.

EastCoastGambit

I learned about a new search engine for scanning though scientific studies. Folks here might find it helpful and interesting. It is call Consensus. You need to search Consensus search engine and sign up for free. Its in Beta testing at the moment.

moose eater

Since ceasing the THC-A extract perhaps just over 2 weeks ago, I now regularly have dreams again. Not necessarily positive dreams, but dreams on the regular... none the less. Not a lot of true nightmares, either, though many not calming. Sometimes throughout the nght.

There's supporting research for this, re. cannabis disrupting sleep patterns, as well.

Last edited:

moose eater

I'll cease any further monopolizing of this thread, as had occurred recently (somewhat), but I wanted to update that the weight loss has stopped or slowed for now.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry you are going through this Moose Eater............... Sending hugs, prayers, and healing thoughts!

We supplied concentrates to multiple cancer patient's pro bono when we were operating Skunk Pharm Research, some of whom made miraculous recovery, and some which did not.

A couple of things that appeared to be a factor besides cannabinoids, was diet and body Ph. Depending on the cancer, they appear to thrive on fat or sugar, and they all like an acidic body Ph.

Restricting their fat and sugar intake, and adjusting their body Ph to alkaline appeared to improve their odds.

We also sponsored Dr Robert Melamede for a local seminar, who has seriously studied the effects of cannabinoids on our endocannabinoid systems, especially cancer.

That was about 2010 and if I had cancer, I would be contacting him to find out what his latest insights were: https://www.medicaljane.com/directory/professional/dr-robert-melamede/

moose eater

Sorry you are going through this Moose Eater............... Sending hugs, prayers, and healing thoughts!

We supplied concentrates to multiple cancer patient's pro bono when we were operating Skunk Pharm Research, some of whom made miraculous recovery, and some which did not.

A couple of things that appeared to be a factor besides cannabinoids, was diet and body Ph. Depending on the cancer, they appear to thrive on fat or sugar, and they all like an acidic body Ph.

Restricting their fat and sugar intake, and adjusting their body Ph to alkaline appeared to improve their odds.

We also sponsored Dr Robert Melamede for a local seminar, who has seriously studied the effects of cannabinoids on our endocannabinoid systems, especially cancer.

That was about 2010 and if I had cancer, I would be contacting him to find out what his latest insights were: https://www.medicaljane.com/directory/professional/dr-robert-melamede/
Thanks. I made several (3) attempts to contact Dr Robert Melamede a year and a half ago or so. No reply.

Had a CT scan this AM, and going back in for a nuclear bone scan at noon. The scans do little for me, but it's nice to participate in providing employment security for those who have little new to offer.

They asked if there were any new complaints since my last scans, which were a year ago or (likely) more. Hundreds, I told them. You want to talk medical, social, philosophical, political, dietary or what? And I laughed.

Listed the primary physical complaints, and told the tech there were likely dozens to 100 more, literally, and if she didn't really have time for a thorough answer, with a note pad and a pen, perhaps their Doc reading the images could call me for a chat later in the day to fill him in (rhetorical dry humor). She replied he's not going to do that.. I said, I know.

Focus for now is on continuing to balance glucose, and, if I get around to it, making another batch of THC-A extract. I have LOTS of frozen and sealed cannabis to do that with, and a lab-grade Ohaus digital hot plate that functions really well.

Life continues.

Unless something changes of significance, this ought to be my last post for a good while in your thread. Thanks for concerns, and for resources.

Time to start looking for clinical trials. No, the Docs rarely do that for you. Nor their office staff.

Last edited:

moose eater

I waited a passive-aggressive 8 days, post-scans, to see if anyone at the oncologist's office would call re. the CT scan and nuke bone scan results they had in their possession the night I had the scans done. No calls came, so I phoned and mentioned it had been 8 days...

After a short delay in finding them, one of my preferred nurses let me know (I pressured her) that there's 'something' at the 7th rib, left side in the nuke bone scan; the same spot I'd expressed concern and symptoms about for over a year, for which the primary care folks had assumed, post-endoscopy last late Winter/early Spring, was a matter of issues with the acute bleeding gastritis, which had also reported "possibly pre-cancerous cells". (*The equivalent of 'Yeah, it might rain some time this year..')

They'd prescribed Omeprazol BID 20mg, which helped off and on.

Modern high-speed, high-dollar medicine, often treating symptoms, sometimes/often interpreted as something other than what it may actually be.

I likely could have waited another 8 days or a month, even, and not gotten any calls.

Still haven't made any more extract, still doing 20-oz./day of green tea (recognized by the American Cancer Orgs as an anti-androgen tx for testosterone reduction), still not signed up for the $38,000+ shots of Lupron 'X' number of times/year, still haven't resumed chaga tea or bitter melon smoothies.... and still haven't yet heard back from the oncologist who ordered the scans.

Have a 'sizable' mass on the right side, base of the center of the front of my neck, and inflamed throat, pervasive, but esp. right side, immediately below and right side of uvula. Been there and worsening for close to 2 months.

Connective tissue/muscle tissue in triceps (esp. left arm this AM) hurting a bit; rather, strong 'discomfort.'

The throat issue with right side mass reminded me of a former school mate's daughter in Canada, who had similar symptoms, was dx'ed with thyroid cancer, and went from dx to coffin in under a month, if I recall correctly.

Appt. with ear, nose, and throat folks scheduled for 10 days from now.

Glad to be of use to the medical community (Yes, that was cynical Christmas medical humor..).

Last edited:

moose eater

By the way, CannaT(?) is/was correct, in so far as the words 'cure' and 'cancer' seldom function accurately in a sentence.

There is more typically 'remission' as an accurate term, and after a time period (often 5 years w/o relapse), perhaps the less technical term, 'survivor.'

But even for 'survivors', if they are paying attention and haven't completely tired of the system, they will often engage in routine, annual check-ups (or even every 3-6 months) to see if the nasty, self-born stuff is returning or not, to some degree looking over their proverbial shoulders for their remaining years.

I'll step back from this thread again for another while.

As John Mayer said after his performance at the 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival in Chicago, in his own very humble and unique way, "Thank you for accepting (us)."

Last edited: