What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

LostTribe

Premium user
Anyone have any recommendations on finding a cannabis caregiver in Alaska?

Thank You

Where are you located in AK?

There are dispensaries in most of the major cities. I would contact a few and see if they have any recommendations and I would definitely tell them your current prognosis as it may open some doors for you.

Back in the day at least in CO one could search craigslist for mmj and find many offering caregiving services. Just beware of anything that sounds shady and as with anything internet related take the necessary precautions.

I wish you well and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions. You now have 50 posts so Private Messages should now work for you. You can PM by clicking any members name and there is a drop down for messaging.

Blessings and Positive Vibrations!
LT

OkThen

Kenai Peninsula
Alaska became a recreational state a couple of years ago. So we have many retail outlets available.
I have asked at a couple but no info on any compassionate care programs.

Retail costs are running at approx min $250 oz.

Currently i'm not in a position to reasonably process bud into RSO(apartment with several close neighbors).

OkThen

I will do some more checking in the area, I might try on the Alaska thread.

I found out a couple of weeks ago the little buggers have moved to a different organ. The good Dr put me on some different meds.(chemo pills) We'll see in a couple months at the next CT scan if they're are workin. I have been using CBD for a while and that seems to help with side effects.

Thank you LT for you kind thoughts.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Kenai Peninsula
Alaska became a recreational state a couple of years ago. So we have many retail outlets available.
I have asked at a couple but no info on any compassionate care programs.

Retail costs are running at approx min $250 oz.

Currently i'm not in a position to reasonably process bud into RSO(apartment with several close neighbors).

"Sorry I don't have experience with adding lecithin, but we typically supplied winterized and decarboxylated concentrate to cancer patients, in most cases in Holy Anointing Oil or Holy Shit form.

We recommended 333mg three times a day as dosage."-Grey Wolf

Link to Skunk Pharms recipe
https://skunkpharmresearch.com/holy-anointing-oil-and-holy-shit/

Oil must be decarboxylated or it will not work. Options would be to buy BHO and decarb or buy flower and make QWET then decarb when you make the HAO or HSO.

I suggest using the search bar for holy anointing oil and holy shit oil and read up on how to use. As I recall GW said its was to be placed under the tongue to dissolve.

LT

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As LT notes, HAO oral is a sublingual and the HAO topical is a transdermal.

HSO is just oral HAO with cinnamon candy flavoring oil added and it will burn the skin if applied topically.

Dr Kate turned us onto troche's which saturated at about 200mg, so there was no room left for flavoring elements and they are handy and work well, but require a base available only to licensed pharmacists and aren't tasty. Probably would be perfect at 100mg with flavoring agents added.

I've also dissolved 200mg pain doses in a minimal amount of 190 proof ethanol, and then added that to a Starbucks Frappaccino, for improved flavor. The small amount of alcohol does add some kick, but the good news is that it ties up the liver processing it, which leaves the cannabinoids in your blood stream longer.

As far as smell and noisy neighbors, how many would care if you operated a small alcohol still on your stove top or patio?

If you use QWET for extraction, and a closed still for alcohol removal, the only smelly time is decarboxylation.

Maybe whomp up a big batch of boiled cabbage, or something else odoriferous while decarboxylating.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone have any recommendations on finding a cannabis caregiver in Alaska?

Thank You

When I first got my medical cannabis card, I found support from local medical cannabis groups. I got clones, instructions, and contacts that led to other things, or otherwise proved useful, but caregivers were also available and is what I suggest that you check out.

Have you googled for such a group in your local area. Instead of caregivers, look for medical cannabis associations, which will may have caregivers available.

Caveat emptor picking caregivers. At least in these parts, some just want to exploit your card, while limiting the services they provide and charging handsomely.

OkThen

Hi GW,
I have asked around,checked online and Craigs, but no luck so far for a caregiver. In Alaska it seems, its mostly about the money. I don't have bottomless pit of dough to work with, so I need to be prudent. As i say, min cost of weed is about $$250 an oz. I would like to stick to organically grown or at least soil. I think there may be a group in Anchorage, so will look into that also. I think it would be good to have the 90g sourced before staring on a regiment.

I haven't had a drink in 34 years so i'm avoiding alcohol. I realize most of the alcohol gets dissipated.
I'll look at a small still to see if its an option. My stove is open flame gas, so not a good idea to cook off alcohol on that. ;-) I'll also look at using a fan.

Thanks for everyone's interest. I'm tryin to stay in a positive frame of mind.
Blessings to all

herbgreen

Veteran
Outside

use a rice cooker

no flame no spark ect

RUN FROM THE CURE Rick Simpson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ5HiHUdbuk

Rick Simpsons web site

https://phoenixtears.ca/

Look into to food grade alcohol like everclear ect. for solvent

V & P naphtha I have heard is food grade also Its been used by Rick Simpson and he did recommend it at one time

The V & P with blue tin if you must avoid alcohol but the solvent is removed....And as been said V & P may not be ideal

maybe its not good to have moonshine around if you could be tempted ....have a friend or caregiver make it

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Outside

use a rice cooker

no flame no spark ect

RUN FROM THE CURE Rick Simpson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ5HiHUdbuk

Rick Simpsons web site

https://phoenixtears.ca/

Look into to food grade alcohol like everclear ect. for solvent

V & P naphtha I have heard is food grade also Its been used by Rick Simpson and he did recommend it at one time

The V & P with blue tin if you must avoid alcohol but the solvent is removed....And as been said V & P may not be ideal

maybe its not good to have moonshine around if you could be tempted ....have a friend or caregiver make it

Varnish and Paint Naptha isn't food grade, despite Rick's fondness for it. The name Naphtha designates a boiling point range, vis a vis a specific hydrocarbon and the range includes Benzene, a know carcinogen.

Better to use Pentane or Heptane. Hexane will also work, but our livers turn Hexane into 2.5 Hexane Dione, which is also a known carcinogen.

A rice cooker works, though does smell.

I ran my still in a fondue pot full of hot oil.

Attachments

• Recovering alcohol.jpg
    Recovering alcohol.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 33

herbgreen

Veteran
Like i said its not ideal

Alcohol like everclear or something is better

I think benzene evaporates off at 180F but yeah, its basically paint thinner

Its been used plenty without issues but I would not reach for it myself

If you can pull off an indoor reclaim like that its cool but a first timer might burn his house down giving that a try

The guy who built the iso2 has an iso3 now Youre probably the guy I heard about from!

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/iso-3-by-d-gold/

That's seems more like a hash oil for smoking that comes from that sort of thing....

There are safe ways to go about it And you got a system thats safe for you

I always say 'outside' because i just never want RSO connected to fires another reason for the rice cooker

LostTribe

Premium user
Like i said its not ideal

I think benzene evaporates off at 180F but yeah, its basically paint thinner

Its been used plenty without issues but I would not reach for it myself

If you can pull off an indoor reclaim like that its cool but a first timer might burn his house down giving that a try

The guy who built the iso2 has an iso3 now Youre probably the guy I heard about from!

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/iso-3-by-d-gold/

That's seems more like a hash oil for smoking that comes from that sort of thing....

There are safe ways to go about it And you got a system thats safe for you

I always say 'outside' because i just never want RSO connected to fires another reason for the rice cooker

Last time I made QWET I used Everclear that I had in the freezer for a few days. Did a quick wash and ran it through coffee filters and just left it with a fan blowing over it. Took 2 days to evaporate off from memory but still faster than 90 Iso.

Considering making some syringes out of some flowers that are getting old and dry. They are definitely decarbed as they are over a year old. Just kind of putting it off but I think it would be good to make some oil to keep on hand.

GW if you see this post or anyone else with knowledge is there a way to scrap the QWET up and get it into the syringes? Heat? Will they harden up or will I be able to squeeze oil out? The last few times I made anything but BHO it was super hard like jolly ranchers once scraped up.

herbgreen

Veteran
Use like a little coffee warmer under just enough heat to get into syringe

Rick simpson uses one w/ stainless measuring cup in "Run From the Cure" link is a couple posts back...

Super Dry material is ideal for extraction should be a good one....

LostTribe

Premium user
Use like a little coffee warmer under just enough heat to get into syringe

Rick simpson uses one w/ stainless measuring cup in "Run From the Cure" link is a couple posts back...

Super Dry material is ideal for extraction should be a good one....

Should I winterize it? IE freeze for 24 hrs then strain out again before evap? When I do that it turns into jolly ranchers.

Don't want it to harden up in the syringe.

troutman

Seed Whore
Maybe put the syringe in a baggie and soak in warm water to help liquify.

Maybe a drop of virgin olive oil or canola oil with omega fatty acids in it would keep it liquid forever.

troutman

Seed Whore

I think benzene evaporates off at 180F but yeah, its basically paint thinner.

Please don't use benzene. It's known to cause cancer. :moon:

Stick with using an alcohol if you don't know much about chemistry.

herbgreen

Veteran
It was really for a guy who hasnt drank in long time...didnt want the booze near him

that was all

Rick Simpson used it but yeah, not really ideal

Gray wolf says v & p contains benzene or converts to benzene?

even if benzene evaporates @ 180F but the residuals may be carcinogenic I dont know

Rick is not super tech on some stuff but I think he eventually started using N-hexane

must differ to gray wolf on most this.....He has the experience

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GW if you see this post or anyone else with knowledge is there a way to scrap the QWET up and get it into the syringes? Heat? Will they harden up or will I be able to squeeze oil out? The last few times I made anything but BHO it was super hard like jolly ranchers once scraped up.

If you have the oil decarboxylated, it should easily draw up into the syringes when above about 125F.

At low outside temperatures, you may have to warm up the syringe to dispense it later.