What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

medicalmj

Veteran
Just got an update from patient. Been almost a year to date when she collapsed and was rushed to hospital. Last MRI showed an inconclusive shadow spot. Doctors waiting for next MRI to determine if it could be a tumor. But stated no action at this point. So being that this is the most aggressive cancer one would expect new growth would eventually reoccur.

The question is when to start a new regiment.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just got an update from patient. Been almost a year to date when she collapsed and was rushed to hospital. Last MRI showed an inconclusive shadow spot. Doctors waiting for next MRI to determine if it could be a tumor. But stated no action at this point. So being that this is the most aggressive cancer one would expect new growth would eventually reoccur.

The question is when to start a new regiment.

I would suggest immediately, if not sooner............

LostTribe

Premium user
I would suggest immediately, if not sooner............

Hey Bro,

So as far as length of treatment is concerned. Shouldn't patients be advised that continuing their dosage may be to their benefit to avoid recurrence or spreading? Maybe not 1 gram per day but it might seem to some that a "maintenance" dosage be continued?

Any opinion on that?

Best,
LT

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Bro,

So as far as length of treatment is concerned. Shouldn't patients be advised that continuing their dosage may be to their benefit to avoid recurrence or spreading? Maybe not 1 gram per day but it might seem to some that a "maintenance" dosage be continued?

Any opinion on that?

Best,
LT

Good point! A maintenance dose is required or the cancer is likely to return. The patients that I got personally involved with, used 100 mg three times a day, but that may be overkill.

Eloquentsolution managed the patient trials for us, and I just sent her an email query asking what ended up working best overall. I'll pass it on when she replies.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She says 1/2 of the dosage used to achieve remission.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good question! Some of our early patients without a maintenance dose experienced relapse, but none have continuing on a maintenance dose.

We always just provided the concentrate and information, and let the patient choose what regiment they wanted to try. As of when we folded up shop, none who were aware of the relapse issue, wanted to experiment with dropping their maintenance dose.

While 330mg three times a day couch locks and puts most brothers and sisters to sleep for the first couple of weeks, they quickly build a tolerance, so by the time they drop back to the maintenance dose, the physical effects are reduced enough so that they can easily move around and navigate their affairs.

medicalmj

Veteran
Yes she is taking a maintenance dose. I believe it was about 0.30 grams or more of 70% THC RSO per day, which is more than I've ever taken in a day. I took 0.15 once and lost my mind. A new batch was made about 6 weeks ago. Will be checking up w them over the Holidays.

Dog Star

Veteran
Yes she is taking a maintenance dose. I believe it was about 0.30 grams or more of 70% THC RSO per day, which is more than I've ever taken in a day. I took 0.15 once and lost my mind. A new batch was made about 6 weeks ago. Will be checking up w them over the Holidays.

Greywolf was give advice to use Citicoline or high CBD oil to prevent
tripping..

medicalmj

Veteran
So latest is that there is a only what the doc said was scar tissue from the surgery they did back in Oct or Nov of 2017. NO NEW GROWTH! She's still taking a maintenance dose of around 0.30 grams all at once at night.

LostTribe

Premium user
So latest is that there is a only what the doc said was scar tissue from the surgery they did back in Oct or Nov of 2017. NO NEW GROWTH! She's still taking a maintenance dose of around 0.30 grams all at once at night.

Great news and thanks for the update. Glad to see patient is on a maintenance dose.

OkThen

found this

found this

Hi, i found the linked article concerning treatment of kidney cancer cells. (its the first study listed on the page)

https://www.sativaisticated.com/medical-cannabis/research/cannabis-research-for-kidney-cancer/

What I can gleen WIN 55,212–2, inhibits cell growth and may cause cell demise.

My understanding is that WIN 55,212–2 is a synthetic that mimics THC? Is this evidence that cannabis can treat cancer?

Thanks for any thoughts or insights.

I have stage 4 kidney cancer and am thinking of starting concentrate treatment. I have a few questions and will start of with this.

OkThen

Ok, do you get less extracted material using lower potency plant, lets say 10% thc herb as apposed to a 20% herb? I'm trying to get an idea how much raw material I'll need for 90g

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Ok, do you get less extracted material using lower potency plant, lets say 10% thc herb as apposed to a 20% herb? I'm trying to get an idea how much raw material I'll need for 90g
dono bout potency but from his old site RickS used the rule of thumb, 1lb bud = 60gms of RSO.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

There are two issues. One is resin content, and the other is the percent the THC, CBD, CBG, etc, is of the total.

The lowest resin content that I've extracted was Catalyst at 5.7% resin content, but most range in the 18% to 25% range, as they have been selectively bred from the original land race for their higher resin production and THC or CBD content.

You will need to test the specific material, but if we ASSume 20% resin content, you would need 90gm/.20 = 450 grams raw material.

Good luck with your cancer! I suggest that you contact Dr Robert Melemede and check for his latest findings regarding kidney cancer. https://www.medicaljane.com/directory/professional/dr-robert-melamede/

OkThen

Thanks for you insight GW, so about a lb should work if its a decent quality.
I will reach out to Dr. Melemede.

I was wondering, If a person mixed in lecithin with a bit of water and oil to the RSO, would it increase the bio-availability of the product? My understanding is that making the product water soluble enables a better absorption into the blood stream. Would a similar base amount of RSO be as effective in it's "raw" form ?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for you insight GW, so about a lb should work if its a decent quality.
I will reach out to Dr. Melemede.

I was wondering, If a person mixed in lecithin with a bit of water and oil to the RSO, would it increase the bio-availability of the product? My understanding is that making the product water soluble enables a better absorption into the blood stream. Would a similar base amount of RSO be as effective in it's "raw" form ?

Sorry I don't have experience with adding lecithin, but we typically supplied winterized and decarboxylated concentrate to cancer patients, in most cases in Holy Anointing Oil or Holy Shit form.

We recommended 333mg three times a day as dosage.