Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    Here is Dr Bob's response to my question of whether clear and Absolute were equally effective as a cancer med.

"I Graywolf how are you? I prefer the dark dirty oil's to Billy 75-85% THC. People like the clear ones for dabs. It seems to me you got to be losing some of the goodies with the clear ones

drbob"
    That is exactly what I was thinking.

Does a winterization process remove some of the good things?
    LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

Comment

Originally posted by LostTribe View Post

You lose the waxes which are ostensibly inert inactive ingredients, plus monoterpenes, which all have their own medical properties, and as noted, contribute to the entourage effect.

You would get the same effect extracting with alcohol, because the loss of course occurs during alcohol removal.

The question then becomes one of perspective, changing the question to whether it removes enough to make the medication less effective, and we have routinely winterized since we've been making Holy Anointing Oil and Holy Shit, both which have their following and record of success, so it doesn't make it ineffective.

Except for the fan leaves, stems, and roots, we extract guts, feathers, and all that is left, all together.

That leaves open the question of just what the optimum levels are, and what would be best, which I leave to the professionals!
      An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but because people refuse to see it.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

https://graywolfslair.com/

Comment

Originally posted by medicalmj View Post
        Whoa there! Are you talking about 70-90% oil? I made some for a cancer patient that tested at 70% THC and another patient that had a high tolerance ate a 150 mg pill and thought she was dead, not dying but dead. And she dabs...

Haha. Again, I'm not your best candidate, but I do understand the effects of dosing. Very low tolerance users (the kind that enjoy a 50mg vape pen over a week) usually seem to enjoy eating anywhere from 10mg-80mg max recreationally, and get pretty faded.

Originally posted by Radic
        the herbalist call it a Whole Plant Extract because it contains all three of the families of herbal therapeutics.
        Terpenoids. flavanoids and cannabinoids.
        you get the biggest yields from buds
        Whole Plant Extracts are not about leaf or stem or roots,,, it's about Terpenoids. Flavanoids and Cannabinoids.
        Originally posted by LostTribe
        http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1....0005/abstract

Very interesting findings on the effects of cayophellene on anti-cancerous agents (humelene, a terpene, and paclitaxel, a drug used during or post-chemotherapy)....but clearly, terpenes work well with one another, and these two are pretty prevalent in many cannabis strains. You could easily imagine that an even fuller terpenes profile in conjunction with cannabinoids could be very medicinal (probably moreso orally ingested, but smoked/vaped as well).
        With some reasonably doable distillation techniques, some or all of those terpenes can be extracted or even saved from a winterization, then later reintroduced.

Case in point on your end though, as a friend with a low tolerance willingly ate a 250mg edible today. He went from "I think I'm higher than I've ever been" after 30-40 minutes, to almost collapsing while filling a glass of water. Luckily I heard him calling, and carried him to lay down on a bed. His legs pretty much locked. Within 30 seconds of getting blood back into his head he sat up, drank some water, and was at least able to laugh at the experience - knowing he's gotta ride this one out for a few hours. He looks comfortably asleep, and has been for the last hour.
        The risk involved in a cannabis overdose are nothing compared to the potential benefits. Responsibility and maturity are important, as not to be a jackass and try to operate a vehicle when you're "higher than I've ever fucking been before" ...
        Last edited by Old Gold; 01-29-2016, 21:27.

Comment

Now I'm inclined to investigate adding non degraded "fresh" co2 extracted terps to the edible oil I make out of thc distillate.

Where can I buy cancer riddled mice?

Comment

Originally posted by Roji View Post
            Now I'm inclined to investigate adding non degraded "fresh" co2 extracted terps to the edible oil I make out of thc distillate.

Where can I buy cancer riddled mice?
            What dictates the degradation of those terps?
            ..and I think I know a guy... I don't know if he/they are allowed to sell research for research. I'll look into it lol.
            What are your credentials?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Gold View Post
              What dictates the degradation of those terps?
              ..and I think I know a guy... I don't know if he/they are allowed to sell research for research. I'll look into it lol.
              What are your credentials?
              Loss of highly aromatic monoterpenes via heat and vacuum during extraction.

My creds? 9th grade general science lol.

Comment

Different extracts have different medicinal uses.
                THC is said to be the main player, so if you want to kill cancer, in stage 4, High THC extracts may rule..
                if you want to smoke the extract, then we love the flavor, taste and smells.
                yes you can add the terpenoids and flavonoids back to a high THC extract. and so fortify the medicinal qualities you seek.
                i will give an example here,, lets say we wanna treat depression..

Medicinal Cannabis Therapy to treat Depression ,,
                Simply add Essential oils to high THC hash oil
                Essential oils to treat Depression is well documented. Please take some time to read all the medicinal qualities of essential oils at aromatherapy web sites.
                next...
                Ask the sufferer to make a list of all the essential oils that they feel would help ease their symptoms.
                eg. Lavender essential oil is Anti-anxiety, Anti-bacterial, Anti-convulsive, Anti-depressant, Anti-insomnia. because ..LINALOOL, is the terpene in Lavender with all those qualities..

when you have made your list, go to a herb shop and let the sufferer smell all the Essential oils on your list,,
                eg..
                Citrus, Lavender, Camphor, Tea Tree, Rose, Bergamot Cypress, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Sage, basil, cedarwood, clary sage, frankincense, geranium, grapefruit, lemon, jasmine, myrrh, neroli, sandalwood, spruce, orange, and ylang ylang.
                now smell them all one at a time, and choose the favorite 3 …
                next....
                Negative Reaction Test.
                The next step is to test the chosen three essential oils for any negative reaction by putting 1 drop of each on the inside of wrist of the sufferer, wait 5 min,, checking for any sign of any negative reaction.
                eg burning or itchy, red skin color or swelling,. etc.. if any reaction is observed -->wash off
                immediately,,with warm water and soap.. and do not use any of the essential oils that cause a negative reaction...
                ok next.....
                mix 1 drop of each of the three chosen Essential oils with every 1mil/gram of hash oil.
                you can experiment with this mix to get the best most effective antidepressant ,, what works best for the sufferer and body type,,,

Comment

thank you all for the work you are doing

Comment

Originally posted by Roji View Post
                    Loss of highly aromatic monoterpenes via heat and vacuum during extraction.

My creds? 9th grade general science lol.
                    Hey, me too!! I even got to the 11th grade Chem as well. Let's get some rats.

Do any saved terps degrade/change color/change flavor while in storage in solution?

Comment

Seen a lot of people looking for info in the medicinal threads thought I would bump this!
                      LostTribe

Comment

this is a tremendous thread. i refer to it often.
                        . c a n n a b i s . s a v e d . m y . l i f e .

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3

Comment

I made an infused olive oil pesto sauce for a close friends father who was suffering from Esophageal cancer. The basil stimulated his appetite just on aroma alone. He was a steady smoker and was able to ingest a large amount cannabis. At one point shortly before he succumbed to the cancer we were just blending in tomatoes and pine nuts to make a smoothie he could down, it really provided a lot of relief.

Great read and a huge thanks to everyone who submitted info!

Comment

Originally posted by shortwave360 View Post
                            I made an infused olive oil pesto sauce for a close friends father who was suffering from Esophageal cancer. The basil stimulated his appetite just on aroma alone. He was a steady smoker and was able to ingest a large amount cannabis. At one point shortly before he succumbed to the cancer we were just blending in tomatoes and pine nuts to make a smoothie he could down, it really provided a lot of relief.

Great read and a huge thanks to everyone who submitted info!
                            Sorry for the loss of your friend.
                            LostTribe

Comment

here we have had some great success with liver, blood,and a few other types of cancer. Last year i had a husband and wife with 3 little kids. The father got a brain tumor and the mother had blood and liver cancer. The husband passed not long before she found us. The wife we have had great success with, she is beating her cancer and extremely thankful{we have not has success with every one/type}, for cannabis, cbd thc combinations. Me personally i have used cannabis to manage neuropathic pain from a wicked back injury. 9 years after my accident, i am finally not using a cane to get around. I still deal with pain 24/7. The cannabis makes it livable without being on a massive dose of opiates all the time and all that comes with that lol. I use a little bit of opiates still but no were near the dangerous amounts the docs were giving me.... Mostly this trip has made me wary of The medical system and doc's, You really have to take them to task... peace

Comment

Originally posted by vapor View Post
                                here we have had some great success with liver, blood,and a few other types of cancer. Last year i had a husband and wife with 3 little kids. The father got a brain tumor and the mother had blood and liver cancer. The husband passed not long before she found us. The wife we have had great success with, she is beating her cancer and extremely thankful{we have not has success with every one/type}, for cannabis, cbd thc combinations. Me personally i have used cannabis to manage neuropathic pain from a wicked back injury. 9 years after my accident, i am finally not using a cane to get around. I still deal with pain 24/7. The cannabis makes it livable without being on a massive dose of opiates all the time and all that comes with that lol. I use a little bit of opiates still but no were near the dangerous amounts the docs were giving me.... Mostly this trip has made me wary of The medical system and doc's, You really have to take them to task... peace
                                I also suffer from neuropathy from a back injury and cannabis has enabled me to keep going. What methods are you using with the lady with liver and blood cancer?
                                LostTribe

Comment

Working...
                                X