Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Gray Wolf!!

Friend (like my little brother, 4 decades of friendship) is tolerating lower dose orally (packing less in smaller capsule).

Plus, he uses olive oil to lubricate capsule before inserting rectally. We may explore suppository molds, however he says upon evacuation of capsule, it's absorbed.

Had capsules on hand.

Appreciate your invaluable input.
    ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
    "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
    We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gray Wolf View Post
      We've used the same dosages and gone through the same issues with building tolerance before administering 330 mg dosages three times a day.
      Hey GW!

So you are recommending 1 gram orally per day? 90 days or longer? And what kind of oil? BHO? percentage thc?
      LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

Comment

Originally posted by LostTribe View Post
        Hey GW!

So you are recommending 1 gram orally per day? 90 days or longer? And what kind of oil? BHO? percentage thc?
        We started with Rick's 1 gram orally per day standard, using a winterized absolute, and haven't seen reason to change it.

What Dr Robert Melamede says, is that we are simply flooding our indo-cannabinoid systems with phyto-cannabinoids that mimic their function.

More a matter of returning the indo-cannabinoid system to its normal balance and function, so that it cures the problem, just like it normally would.

He says THC is the main actor in restoring apoptosis, and CBD in pain and seizure control, so recreational strains are effective.

The biggest stumbling block is getting the average patient up to 1 gram a day dosage without discombobulation, and CBD also helps ameliorate THC's psychoactive effects, so we typically start patients out with a Cannatonic or Maui Bubblegift 50/50% strain, and wean them to higher THC strains.

A winterized recreational strain, in Absolute state, has no wax or monoterpenes left, so THC is typically in the 90 percentile range.

Dr Melamede also turned us on to administering 3X the oil dose in Citicolene, 20 minutes before dosing, to help mollify the psychoactive effects of the THC.
        Last edited by Gray Wolf; 01-29-2016, 16:29.
        An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but because people refuse to see it.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

https://graywolfslair.com/

Comment

Didn't even think about different strain involvement. Thats what I was thinking rick's 1 gram per day....

Remind me which method do you use to extract the oil for medicinal usage? Everclear or are you using BHO and winterizing it after purge?
          LostTribe

Comment

Hey greywolf. Do you think there is significant difference in a winterized absolute vs. a distilled oil when it comes to cancer treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by LostTribe View Post
              Didn't even think about different strain involvement. Thats what I was thinking rick's 1 gram per day....

Remind me which method do you use to extract the oil for medicinal usage? Everclear or are you using BHO and winterizing it after purge?
              We've used both Everclear and butane for cancer med extraction. Typically, we extract with butane and winterize with Everclear.
              An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but because people refuse to see it.

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreenman91 View Post
                Hey greywolf. Do you think there is significant difference in a winterized absolute vs. a distilled oil when it comes to cancer treatment?
                We just recently started short path distilling oil, and I'm not aware of any clinical trials with patients, so have to say I don't know.

I do know the Absolute has done some amazing things, but hasn't been the great panacea, infallibly curing all ills, because not everyone survived.

A good question though, and worthy of a professional answer, so what I did, was e-mailed that question to Dr Kate, our pharmacist brain trust, to get her read, as well as Dr Melamede, whom may have already done that experimentation.

Comment

We just recently started short path distilling oil, and I'm not aware of any clinical trials with patients, so have to say I don't know.

I do know the Absolute has done some amazing things, but hasn't been the great panacea, infallibly curing all ills, because not everyone survived.

A good question though, and worthy of a professional answer, so what I did, was e-mailed that question to Dr Kate, our pharmacist brain trust, to get her read, as well as Dr Melamede, whom may have already done that experimentation.
                  A good question for certain please report back your findings when you get time. Cheers
                  LostTribe

Comment

We started with Rick's 1 gram orally per day standard, using a winterized absolute, and haven't seen reason to change it.

What Dr Robert Melamede says, is that we are simply flooding our indo-cannabinoid systems with phyto-cannabinoids that mimic their function.
                    different questions on this:

in my opinion, 1000mg orally per day will decrease CB1 receptor density rapidly. Consequentially you will show a higher tolerance, but also decrease the over all amount of endocannbinoids and phytocannbinoids in your system, which you want to avoid!

What about absorption capacity of CB1 receptors? How much can they uptake?
                    I was talking to israeli researchers, they said it does not make sense to flood your receptors with pytocannabinoids because receptors can´t absorb all of it anyway and you will decrease your receptor density!

Respect your receptors!
                    Last edited by Pastelero; 01-26-2016, 08:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastelero View Post

in my opinion, 1000mg orally per day will decrease CB1 receptor density rapidly. Consequentially you will show a higher tolerance, but also decrease the over all amount of endocannbinoids and phytocannbinoids in your system, which you want to avoid!

I was talking to israeli researchers, they said it does not make sense to flood your receptors with pytocannabinoids because receptors can´t absorb all of it anyway and you will decrease your receptor density!

Respect your receptors!
                      You seem to theorize that 1000mg is well beyond receptor capacity, but then ask "how much can they uptake?"
                      Perhaps 1000mg of active cannabinoids is fairly close to the "saturation" point. I agree though, and most trends in nature show us that over-use of resources effects having to put more energy in for the same output. Brain cells alike, I'd say.

Comment

I have quite the tolerance, so not the best candidate, but eating 1 g of an absolute daily is right around the point at which I still "feel something" every time. At times, sure, it's taken 2000mg to keep me asleep for 3-4 hrs...but usually, if I eat a gram, regardless of tolerance, I still retain SOME effects, and am able to eat/sleep at will (main reasons why I medicate). At 2g daily, I can legitimately say I get stoned every time (though I dab up anyways!)

Comment

Originally posted by Pastelero View Post

Respect your receptors!
                          Dr Melamede's point is that the effects of the gram a day dosage is to flood the receptors, so that they are all pulled into action.

Dr Robert Melamede's background and contribution to cannabis science is a matter of public record, so I will let him defend his position based on his own clinical research. We simply sponsored him at a seminar and I listened with rapt attention.

Certainly to remain on heavy dosage long term would have those diminishing effects, but if we are discussing the same gram a day for 90 days to address a tumor, the prima facie evidence is that it is effective against at least some cancerous tumors.

That ostensibly closes the argument that it is ineffective, but does leave open the debate as to whether it can be more effective.

I'm not a doctor, so will leave that argument to the professionals, but plan to continue with the gram a day that has proven effective for our own patients, until it can be proven that if we reduce the dosage of our life saving medication, it will save even more lives.

Certainly we would ask the buy in of the patient up front as well, since it is their lives in the balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Gold View Post
                            I have quite the tolerance, so not the best candidate, but eating 1 g of an absolute daily is right around the point at which I still "feel something" every time. At times, sure, it's taken 2000mg to keep me asleep for 3-4 hrs...but usually, if I eat a gram, regardless of tolerance, I still retain SOME effects, and am able to eat/sleep at will (main reasons why I medicate). At 2g daily, I can legitimately say I get stoned every time (though I dab up anyways!)
                            Whoa there! Are you talking about 70-90% oil? I made some for a cancer patient that tested at 70% THC and another patient that had a high tolerance ate a 150 mg pill and thought she was dead, not dying but dead. And she dabs...
                            Just a little disclaimer: I don't really grow weed, hell I've never even tried it. My shrink suggested I develop an alter-ego to help with my low self esteem. So I took on the identity of a marijuana grower. Seemed real exciting and a little risque. So if I post any pictures, sorry but they're just something I found on the internet. Thanks in advance for playing along, and helping me with these tough times!

Comment

Here is Dr Bob's response to my question of whether clear and Absolute were equally effective as a cancer med.

"I Graywolf how are you? I prefer the dark dirty oil's to Billy 75-85% THC. People like the clear ones for dabs. It seems to me you got to be losing some of the goodies with the clear ones

drbob"

Comment

i would love to add to what GW is saying.
                                THC is colorless 100% clear......
                                so,, the more clear, or translucent the extract is, the higher the THC content.

and Dr Bob's lost goodies are responsible for the Entourage Effect
                                http://www.beyondthc.com/wp-content/...rageEffect.pdf

the herbalist call it a Whole Plant Extract because it contains all three of the families of herbal therapeutics.
                                Terpenoids. flavanoids and cannabinoids.
                                you get the biggest yields from buds
                                Whole Plant Extracts are not about leaf or stem or roots,,, it's about Terpenoids. Flavanoids and Cannabinoids.

Comment

Working...
                                X