"Mr extractor" discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WaterFarmFan View Post
    Good idea! This looks like the sort of case they are looking for.
    An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but because people refuse to see it.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

https://graywolfslair.com/

Comment

Grey Wolf. You are a legend.
      If only my more people had your stand up way
      Of doing things the world would be a better place.

Before Grey Wolf, can you name anyone who was openly
      Giving instructions on cls?

Also I don't mind if this drew geezer wants to patent a design he made Himself,
      But trying to say he was responsible for all cls machines is a joke.
      sigpic
      Double OG.

Comment

Originally posted by mack 10 View Post
        Grey Wolf. You are a legend.
        If only my more people had your stand up way
        Of doing things the world would be a better place.

Before Grey Wolf, can you name anyone who was openly
        Giving instructions on cls?

Also I don't mind if this drew geezer wants to patent a design he made Himself,
        But trying to say he was responsible for all cls machines is a joke.
        My hero Foaf, whom I got the idea and prior art from on IC Mag Forum, charged me the same price I charged everyone else.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=27954
        An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but because people refuse to see it.

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Comment

The other thing to consider, is all the synergism that occurred once I posted my designs, including right here on this forum. If you track the threads, you will see considerable input advancing the art by numerous brothers.

My Desert Pete act ostensibly did prime a pump, but look in how many different directions my concept has now been taken by like spirits and inquiring minds free to wander and scheme.

If I had patented it and enforced it, how many of those inquiring minds would have dreamed and schemed to create the plethora of choices there are out there today? I certainly would never have thought of them all!

Comment

Thanks for sharing all of your ideas GW...
            Your QWET recipe has really helped a lot of people find a simple but effective way to make quality oleoresin..
            Keep your chin up Amigo!..
            Salute

Comment

Dam I forgot about Foaf,
              How could I forget brother Foaf.
              I remember all the ideas buzzing around back them.
              Cool times.
              sigpic
              Double OG.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsur51 View Post
                Thanks for sharing all of your ideas GW...
                Your QWET recipe has really helped a lot of people find a simple but effective way to make quality oleoresin..
                Keep your chin up Amigo!..
                Salute
                Thank you brother Big! Don't see your pretty face in these parts much and appreciate you dropping by!

Comment

Wow, that is a very interesting and informative article. GW, it makes he happy to see you getting some public credit separate from the forum here.

There is no shortage of douches with money in this industry now. Everybody thinks they're an expert and people hoard their little "teks" like they've discovered something earth shattering. I'm sure some of you have heard of the guy Indra and his various lines of BS. He's another guy who claims to have the BHO process locked up in patents and threatens to take everybody down.

GW, as someone who stumbled on this forum in 2006-07, later moved to California, and currently has his own business extracting live resin with a self-built Mk4 Terpenator, I'm truly thankful to you. As the years go by and new generations of extraction technicians crop up, I will always be proud to say I learned everything from you and Skunk Pharm.

Comment

Drew a bad joke n Portlnd. Known con and cruke. Hurts watchng cruks lik James Davies n Drew Jone swindl good peeple n walk.

Comment

Re: Appion's track record!

Originally posted by krunchbubble View Post
                      Appion put that out because they dont want their units used for the manufacturing of an "illegal" substance...

They were sick of warrantying tons of units that were used for a way it was not intended to ie - recovering butane....

BUT, THERE HAS NOT BEEN DOCUMENTED FIRE OR EXPLOSION FROM AN APPION....
                      Well I never actually documented the incident, but I did experience an Appion burst into flames and almost give me a flamed hairstyle! I did manage to unplug the cord and turn off the valves on the other ends where they connected to the system after throwing a blanket over the pump to try to smother the flames and then disconnected the ends of the hoses and got it out and away from the extraction area. It totally melted the front and the yellow plastic was burning and dripping but no explosions thank God!

Comment

Originally posted by LabDog View Post
                        Well I never actually documented the incident, but I did experience an Appion burst into flames and almost give me a flamed hairstyle! I did manage to unplug the cord and turn off the valves on the other ends where they connected to the system after throwing a blanket over the pump to try to smother the flames and then disconnected the ends of the hoses and got it out and away from the extraction area. It totally melted the front and the yellow plastic was burning and dripping but no explosions thank God!
                        The Appion was a good starting place, because it worked and usually they don't leak and we maintained and regularly tested our pumps, but they aren't NEMA 7, and we had already moved on to Haskel when Appion reached critical mass and issued their warning and disclaimer.

In a properly ventilated extraction booth, or outside with proper forced ventilation, an explosion is unlikely even with typical loose fitting or failed seal leaks, even with ignition.

Explosions happen when butane percent of the atmosphere in a confined area reaches between about 1.86 LEL and 8.41%UEL. The mass of air within that limit suddenly rises from about 18C/65F/291K, to around 1970C/3578F/2243K, which means it expands around 7.2 times in a single whoosh at ignition. Anything in the way of its expansion is moved out of the way.

Directly to the point, there is no reason to use an Appion with the NEMA 7 alternatives that are now available. Had they wanted to be in the market, they would have risen to the occasion and offered an explosion proof version.

There is never any good reason to use even a NEMA 7 closed loop system indoors, without a professionally engineered and certified ventilation system.

IBC, IEC, NFPA-58 and zoning laws will preclude certifying a system in a residential zone or other high occupancy areas, as well as using a non NEMA 7 pump.
                        Last edited by Gray Wolf; 09-01-2017, 20:26.

Comment

Working...
                        X