What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who makes the best portable vaporizer and why?

My friends all vape and there is so many different kinds of vapes from concentrates to flower to catridges to vape juice. But i use a smok. Just gotta find a place with cannabis juice because its the type of vape u can refill the tank with.hope this helps

This is what i use to vape.

Attachments

• photo2089260.jpg
    photo2089260.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 73

gizmo666

Being a noob l bought a hebe titan
And tbh I don't like it
It doesn't seem to work for me lol
Doesn't seem to vape the weed more like a small oven that just heats it then it burns lol
I'll just stick to rolling suits a dumbass like me

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Amynamous
Thanks for posting the link re: BFS @ Arizer. :tiphat:

I was pissed that the only form of pmt accepted is PP, which originally did not support "cannabis activity" just like ebay these days.

I was able to get my goods a Solo and a V tower. I saved $200 and change CAD and shipping was free to boot, but I had to pay sales tax 15% but I had a 15% promo code, that negated that.

Considering this is a Canadian company (as the Arizer is made here), they have lousy instructions. Although the owners manual is not in "chinglish", it might as well have been, because the only good it would serve is in an out house. I had to go to Youtube to find out how to use both devices, and, nowhere in the book, and I do mean nowhere in the book is it listed that you have to "prime" the sealing ring, on the 1st go at lev 7, until the unit shuts itself off. The solo cycle is a 12 min cycle. That IMMHO is a no no, because the fit, of the mouth piece is incumbent on "priming" the device. It is a tight fit, and I recommend to those who acquire one, to use their straight tube to do so. Once done, they will fit snugly and, not as difficult as the 1st time you insert a mouthpiece.

... and they should have included screens for the hole size in both glass mouthpieces as, they come with a cap for the mouthpieces. I gather it is so you don't have to load up on the go. I was fortunate that the large screens for my Nano,(which never fit the unit anywhere) fit the solo mouthpieces and I simply store the screen in the mouthpiece and cap it.

In all fairness, the manual does contain the thermal value of the levels. I prefer smack down the middle @ 375deg F. Lev 4 is 383 deg. I can live with that.

The vape was tasty and cool, surprising :)

Surprising, the vaping temps were not in the V Tower manual, why? Instead (from U tube) they send you to a blog site address that doesn't work. As I know where to vape, I set the Tower for 375deg. Which was too low. In order to get a reasonable vape, I had to set the unit at 460deg.

That being said. I am not sure at those temps which terp/component gets negated (memory, not as good as it use to be) but, The vape was flavourful and cool, reminded me of a Sisha session.

Once again tanks to (U tube), the units menu is easily navigated. A plus, the unit runs off a 19VDC @ 3.4A PS. A minus, is proprietary nature of the PS, the plugs anyway and the regulator/transformer is designed for ITE purpose only (IT), might be hard to get a replacement, not impossible but, it may prove challenging to some. That's a lot of juice! On the plus side, you don't have to worry about the limited charges LiPo batteries are capable of.

Unlike the Solo, the units mouthpiece has a screen, once again proprietary but easily cleaned at home in an ultrasonic clnr anf ISO alcohol 99%, 75% is good enough. and thrust me that screen is full after a session, but it does the job. Both the wip and herb bowl have replacement screens.

Last night I enjoyed a bowl of GDP and never coughed once even at those temps, I was sitting in the "papa chair" (a Murphy Chair with a foot rest). An hour later, I was asleep (I don't remember falling asleep), that is where I woke this am. Gdp hasn't done that for me in a while... sometime it works, sometime not so much. I have mixed several Sats in my rotation, that seem to have corrected the potency of Gdp.

As we were entering a moon phase (new moon tonight), yesterday I switched to Dt, that does wonders for me. I wiped a bowl this am, with my cup of morning joe, awaiting the onset of my pill. I will repeat the same Gdp session tonight. This is the only way I never coughed up a lung with Gdp :good:

They are good vapes... clean profile, that continues for an extended period, compared to hand vaporizers. I have given you my take. Would I do it again? I don't know. This is why...

I was an ecig vendor for 3 yrs until the BMs screwed online businesses. It was a good run.

As a vendor, I had "product reviews" that I did, showing them all the nuances of the product and explanations of how the Xtar 6 bay charger really works (as an example). Therefore, I am more than qualified in stating Arizer should either have their own vids on their site (which is the norm and highly recommended) or at least a link to where the info may be available on the Net. In all fairness, they did state to use their charger for charging the Solo, which IMO isn't really necessary. but it is for liability issues that the warning was contained with the kit. TBS, they should have extended where the operating instruction/video is contained as well.

There are certain criteria(s) that I look for. They are either there or not. Price is a big factor, e.g Is the product worth the price tag? Some prices are jacked with hype, hey, its a free market, have at it. I am naturally frugal. I got a great deal :) as, I would not have paid full price for them (in the day). I paid for it and gave it my learned opinion on the subject, as reviews are often skewed (free gear). I remember once telling someone, how do you get 5 stars with 2 negatives. It should have been 4 starts or 4.5 at most. :tiphat:

Just like growing... it is whatever works for you, as the flavour of the day is, my daddy is better than your daddy. That is why I often sway away from threads like that.

Amynamous

Switcher56
You’re very welcome. I’m glad you were able to make good use of the savings. I can’t argue with the issues you brought up. Most of the vapes I’ve tried have a learning curve and better instructions/tutorials would be nice. We seem to be living in an age where manufacturers make the assumption that people will naturally know how to use their products, thus instructions/tutorials aren’t necessary. I tend to be quite clueless at times, and appreciate detailed instructions.

I also tend to be clumsy, and went through a LOT of glass on my SOLO2. There’s a seller on Amazon that has decent prices on glass and includes curved screens that fit the “bowl” portion of the inhalation tube of the glass. I highly recommend using the screens. Unfortunately, his glass isn’t a perfect fit and can be a little loose, but it is still very functional. This time last year, Arizer was having a 50% off sale so i bought a backup SOLO2 and a LOT of extra glass. Since then, I haven’t broken a single piece! haha

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
... as you :)

Don't get me wrong... I believe I will be happy, especially with the V Tower regardless if it is "old techno" Sometimes added bells and whistles, doesn't necessarily mean better. It's all about marketing and, I can probably sell a freezer to an Inuit in the middle of winter. As stated they were originally passed base on functionality and cost!

Later...

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I got one of those Arizers while I waited for my Volcano Hybrid to get fixed. It is a cheap toy in comparison. Sorry. I'll take $50 for it.

The Mighty is pretty good once you figure out how much time to heat soak the material. Keeping a bunch or loaded charge caps is a slight pain.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2094386.jpg Views:	2 Size:	58.8 KB ID:	18012268 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2094394.jpg Views:	2 Size:	148.1 KB ID:	18012269 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2094395.jpg Views:	2 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	18012270
It has a 1100mah battery which is enough to dab up a whole room all day.
Havent been this excited about what I was gonna smoke out of since I was a teenager....

Has a water bubbler, and 4 different power levels with a cool LED that lights up around the whole rig 4 different colors..... and lights up the whole thing Green to let you know the temperature is ready....

Its 25% off for Christmas too $75 shipped....
Called a Rokin Stinger electric dabstraw

whereisbrianV.

Mighty+ is a big improvement on the Mighty, I would recommend anyone who has a Mighty to go ahead and retire the Mighty and buy the +

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
They are the most expensive handheld vapes. It's hard for me to give up over $350 for a hand-held vaporizer. I can buy 3 boundless for the same price for one Mighty. I think they are overpriced and take advantage of people. 😎

Koondense

Veteran
They are not cheap but once you try one, you are not really happy with anything else.
I'd love if S&B would have some kind of "old for new" promo, could value the old mighty to make a big discount for the mighty+. I would love to get the new one even if my old one still works ok.

Cheers

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I owned a Mighty for 5 years, until it died. I was going to repair it but cost was ridiculous. I did a bit of reading and ended up getting a tinymight. I think I actually like it more than the mighty. The mighty comes with a 2 year warranty, the tinymight 10 years. Plus the vapor you get is brilliant, and on demand, a few seconds to reach temperature. Never thought I would stray from S&B, but glad I did. It remains to be seen if it is as reliable, but loving it so far.

grayeyes

No one has discussed a true portable. There are all table models.

I recently dropped my VLeaf and have ordered another. 5 temp settings, and a half gram of product does it for me. Less than half a joint rolled and very quick. And the cost is $50. Fits in your hand can go in your pocket.

Stargazer

Been using an ariser air for 6 yrs, solid performance in my experience. go for the longer glass, much tastier!
Small portable (perfect for stealth vape at the allotment), and the usual nuances with any device that YOU have to figure out to your satisfaction or not as the case may be.

Not saying its the best, not tried others, however with this 'cheapo' I get plenty of flavour and plenty caned :)