What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody use nugsmasher presses?

KarelSoel

I got the OG smasher which is amazing but I feel like I’m having trouble getting the best results.

I see nugsmasher likes to use the “bottle neck” method for best results. I don’t understand exactly what that means.

I bought the essential bundles kit which has different various number bags but I don’t understand which I should use.

Any books or guides you can recommend would help out this new presser.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Yes I have a nugsmasher. Its called bottle tech not neck just so you know. You are making the bag in the form of a vertical bottle instead of a horizontal puck...make sense? I mean nugsmasher has tons of advice and tips on the right type of bags and temps on the site so why not check those?? Do you need us to "bottle feed" you....come on dude.

JRace

Yes I have a nugsmasher. Its called bottle tech not neck just so you know. You are making the bag in the form of a vertical bottle instead of a horizontal puck...make sense? I mean nugsmasher has tons of advice and tips on the right type of bags and temps on the site so why not check those?? Do you need us to "bottle feed" you....come on dude.

God forbid people help others....this is not future4200 where you can only ask questions nobody has ever answered before.

KarelSoel: I don't have a Nugsmasher, I have a dab-press 5ton..
How much do you press at a time?
Do you "pre-press"?
What temp do you press at?
How fresh is your starting material?
Do you know the RH of your material?

On my 5 ton I find this to be good starting point:

4 grams of bud, 62% RH, 210deg F, 30sec warmup press, 3 minute full press.
Depending on the freshness of the starting material I will get between 10-20% return on a single press.
No bag for flowers when I press, but I do use a pre-press to put the 4 grams into a cylindrical puck - seems to work better than a rectangular puck.

Bmac1

Veteran
I have a Nugsmasher OG that I just used for the first time yesterday. Played with some temps and press times. Didn't get shit for yield but I was using very dry material and also not using enough pressure. Fun to play with though.

Turned an oz of ice cream cake popcorn into 1.7g of flower rosin that smells amazing.

20210909_130934.jpg
20210909_135504.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts