What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying bubble hash in fridge with silica

Dube

I can't afford a freeze dryer so I figure the next best thing would be to dry bubble hash in the fridge with a desiccant like silica. Has anyone tried this before? I was thinking you could load the bottom of a big plastic airtight tub with the silica, place a rack over that with parchment paper, and then lay down the freshly grated or broken up hash on top of that.

troutman

Seed Whore
Calcium chloride is better than silica for drying. I get these Damp Traps from a local store and
keep some in my seed refrigerator to keep humidity down. They have calcium chloride beads

0302618_0_L.jpg

Mattbho

I think you mean freezer . Plane it out super thin and put it on cardboard in freezer . Ideally u use the thin boxes for magazines that way its covered . The water freezes then sublimation takes away the moisture. Click image for larger version  Name:	wss-cycle-sublimation-dryice.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.4 KB ID:	17877384
Personally I avoid the silica for smokables. I do use it for my seeds tho. I do avoid anything with this on it.
Screenshot_20210611-235904_Samsung Internet.jpg

trickyboy

Hello friend, in my opinion you do not need any of that, only with a refrigerator would no frost, in a piece of box you put it and in 4 or 5 days you have it dry