What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cleaning up bubble bags?

sbeanonnamellow

A while back a buddy borrowed the bubble bags and when they came back they kinda had a faint mildew like smell, sorta like when you leave clothes damp in the dryer for a while and they got that slight sour smell. Put them up with the intention to wash and clean them up again one day but never got around to it.

If wanting to get them back into good condition again, what would you do?

I got a bottle of 151 from the liquor store figured to just wash with the alcohol kinda scrub the bags together, rinse well and dry well. Should that do it? Or is there a better way? Much love

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I would use peroxide as well. Alcohol doesnt kill fungal spores. I have also washed them with a mild dish soap and hot water. Just rinse good and I wouldnt suggest anything like Dr Bronner, it leaves a residue.

Cuddles

do you have any instructions for the bags, I wonder if it´s possible to stick em in the washing machine?

Veggia farmer

I would try vinegar and let them sit for awhile in it before washing. Also done the same to som clothes with potash too, just watch out for the cole hehe. Ph up or down. Both can dissolve fats and other particles too.

Edit, havent done it yet with the bubbles bags but this would be what I would try out...

sbeanonnamellow

Thanks for the feedback. I looked around on the bubbleman site and read somewhere that it says avoid using alcohol around the seams where the stitching is on the bags. Going to go with the vinegar and/or mild soap wash and see how that goes. Appreciate y'all

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Vinegar is a mild acid, I wouldn't be using that. OTOH I would use baking soda and soak the bags in that solution for a spell. Then thoroughly rinse them and they should be good to go. Hang 'em on the line to dry.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
You can clean the bottom of the bags with alcohol by putting a plate in the bag & just using a small amount of iso. Work it around with your fingers on the plate - avoiding the seam & rinse with cold water.

Veggia farmer

Vinegar is a mild acid, I wouldn't be using that. OTOH I would use baking soda and soak the bags in that solution for a spell. Then thoroughly rinse them and they should be good to go. Hang 'em on the line to dry.

Why not use mild acid? Curious.. That was kinda my idea:biggrin: hehe. I know someplaces in food industry you switch between acid and alkaline in cleaning for take bacterias and such on both side of the spectrum.. hmm.

Veggia farmer

Does anyone else use that bubble bag washing machine for bubble bags? You have this bag you put trim and buds into, and that bag goes into a small machine? I borrow one from a friend when I need to make some bubble. I like it. I also use it for cleaning the bags, its gentle;)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Why not use mild acid? Curious.. That was kinda my idea:biggrin: hehe. I know someplaces in food industry you switch between acid and alkaline in cleaning for take bacterias and such on both side of the spectrum.. hmm.

Baking soda gets rid of smell, posted in post 1

Latest posts

Latest posts