What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rosin convert looking for electric rig.

methias

Hi everybody,

Having recently fallen victim to rosin, I (like any good addict) picked up a 4 ton Dabpress and pressed my entire inventory into sweet smelling rosin. I tried a bong load of LA Confidential buds and it tasted like cigarettes.
:faint:

Now I have about 10 grams of rosin and I'm getting tired of the torch already.

I need a dab - pen, rig, enail, or something that will last and provide quality vape from my rosin consistently.

What have you loved or hated and why.
Thanks for all your input.

Vape on kids,

Last edited:

Prodigygrower

Veteran
AF1B2BA6-8B06-4AAD-9F0B-142D61E5266F.jpeg
This is all you need.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have a mini nail, had a problem with it after at least a year and half of near continuous use, contacted the company and they replaced it free of charge.

methias

He asked specifically for an electric rig :tiphat:

I see my options are fire or electricity to vaporize my rosin and I'm over the torch.
I've pressed all my bud, it's vape time.

IMG_20210421_121712581_HDR.jpg

​​​​​​​Vape on kids

Last edited:

MrMMJ

Bong with an e-nail is great for home use, the puffco is an excellent mobile rig. Use fresh, cured flower or kief to press, at low temps and you'll get better flavor. Dark, foul tasting rosin is usually from old material, too hot or too long of a press, or a combination thereof.

Cuddles

guys, just what on earth is a mini nail exactly? I´ve honestly never heard of it before. Way back, like more than 10 years ago, people would talk about bubble bags a lot but I´ve not heard of this sort of thing until now.

methias

Bong with an e-nail is great for home use, the puffco is an excellent mobile rig. Use fresh, cured flower or kief to press, at low temps and you'll get better flavor. Dark, foul tasting rosin is usually from old material, too hot or too long of a press, or a combination thereof.

Thank you
Puffco may be a bit out of my price range for the moment.
I like everything about it except the cost.

As to pressing,
I like to start at 215 F .
set the puck in and slight pressure for 2 minutes, turn down to 195 and more pressure slowly building till I see moisture.
Then I pump it up to tight and tilt my dabpress to allow dripping. once a minute I increase pressure 3-4 times.
Each time tilting the press over to drip.

Here is some K2 Rosin I pressed (orange yellow container above)
Cheese.jpg

No dark nasty rosin here..

Just a poor stoner looking for Puffco Lite or something close and less pricy.

Vape on kids

methias

Possibly I'm missing something.
Your book tells us
"Flower: Stay within a temperature range of 180-220 degrees for a period of 60-180 seconds."
I start at 215 and work down to 195 as I slowly press. I use directional flow folds and drip tech so that the rosin moves away from the heat of the press and doesn't overcook.

I was toasted when I started this thread so Correction time.

What I said
" I tried a bong load of LA Confidential and it tasted like cigarettes."

I Left out one crucial word .
It should have read,
I tried a bong load of LA Confidential buds and it tasted like cigarettes.

The rosin I pressed is sweet, mild, and Kick-Ass. After two weeks dabbing rosin, flower in bong now (compared to dabbing) tastes like cigarettes.

My apologies to all for posting really toasted.

Vape on kids

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Possibly I'm missing something.
Your book tells us
"Flower: Stay within a temperature range of 180-220 degrees for a period of 60-180 seconds."
I start at 215 and work down to 195 as I slowly press. I use directional flow folds and drip tech so that the rosin moves away from the heat of the press and doesn't overcook.

I was toasted when I started this thread so Correction time.

What I said
" I tried a bong load of LA Confidential and it tasted like cigarettes."

I Left out one crucial word .
It should have read,
I tried a bong load of LA Confidential buds and it tasted like cigarettes.

The rosin I pressed is sweet, mild, and Kick-Ass. After two weeks dabbing rosin, flower in bong now (compared to dabbing) tastes like cigarettes.

My apologies to all for posting really toasted.

Vape on kids

Ya think so, on a cannabis forum? :biggrin: Thanks for the correction :)

Although I did not alter my temp while pressing, I did increase pressure while pressing. I also pressed them a 2nd time after the 1st run. You would be surprised what was left. I only pressed a couple of times, and although yummy the yield simply wasn't there.

So, I vape my buds with a Flowermate V5Nano 360 deg. Although a lot of folks like smoking their buds, I vape them. I quit smoking 11 yrs ago. Outside of the 1st drag on a joint, to me it tastes like burnt leaves. OTOH I can actually taste my weed with my vape :) If I feel (haven't yet) like a dab, I'll simply take a gram and press it. :tiphat:

EsterEssence

Veteran
Mini Nail is the company. I do drip tech at 200 degrees, Rosin from kief is usually darker than flower. If you take a small amount and make a thin layer on a piece of parchment rosin from kief is golden. My rosin is a darker color that butters up, smells like killer hash and tastes great, it doesn’t need to be golden...

methias

Ya think so, on a cannabis forum? :biggrin: Thanks for the correction :)

Although I did not alter my temp while pressing, I did increase pressure while pressing. I also pressed them a 2nd time after the 1st run. You would be surprised what was left. I only pressed a couple of times, and although yummy the yield simply wasn't there.

So, I vape my buds with a Flowermate V5Nano 360 deg. Although a lot of folks like smoking their buds, I vape them. I quit smoking 11 yrs ago. Outside of the 1st drag on a joint, to me it tastes like burnt leaves. OTOH I can actually taste my weed with my vape :) If I feel (haven't yet) like a dab, I'll simply take a gram and press it. :tiphat:

I have a Pax3 and a volcano type vaporizer. I like them both but every so often I get something really good and I like to have a bongload to check it out.
Since finding rosin, my go to (burnt) in bong days have ended I think.

The puffco pro may be outside my budget but lookie here. I see a Puffco peak for $150.00 less right from the manufacturer.

Anyone have experience with the Peak?

Or does anyone know of a better type unit for the same or less?

Again, many thanks to all you stoners willing to give up your time to help me on my quest.

:tiphat:
Vape on kids

JRace

I just got:
https://www.hunibadger.com/

Full kit with batteries, bubbler and tips cost $450 cdn (stupid $100 "vaporizer" tax in my province)
-so maybe out of your budget.

It is awesome though.
Turn it on, wait 10seconds, dip into glass container with extract and BAM!

I find it has much better taste than a ezSai vape pen, easier to clean and you never have to load the product.

G

...Anyone have experience with the Peak?

Or does anyone know of a better type unit for the same or less?...

Not the original, but I have the Peak Pro and it works quite well. The thing doesn't charge for crap, though...just stops charging and I have to plug it back in 30 times just to get all the way to a green charge status. Just haven't gotten around to complaining yet 😖

But, I also have the Puffco Plus, which is like a vape pen but without the messy crappy coils. Just a ceramic bowl in the chamber for your sweet, sweet goodness. So easy to clean with a Qtip (every time!), and I probably get 20 full cycles off each charge. Going on 4 months without an issue. Discreet, it looks like my nic pen (Vuse Vibe) lol
https://www.puffco.com/products/puffco-plus

Peace

DM

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Not the original, but I have the Peak Pro and it works quite well. The thing doesn't charge for crap, though...just stops charging and I have to plug it back in 30 times just to get all the way to a green charge status. Just haven't gotten around to complaining yet 😖

But, I also have the Puffco Plus, which is like a vape pen but without the messy crappy coils. Just a ceramic bowl in the chamber for your sweet, sweet goodness. So easy to clean with a Qtip (every time!), and I probably get 20 full cycles off each charge. Going on 4 months without an issue. Discreet, it looks like my nic pen (Vuse Vibe) lol
https://www.puffco.com/products/puffco-plus

Peace

DM

Having worked a spell in the ecig industry (vendor), I avoid any device that doesn't have replaceable batteries. Batteries are 15 dollars or so a pop (18650s). Batteries, including the ones in devices are good for 300-500 (dependent on lithium quality) recharges then they are toast.

So in my humblest of opinions, unless you can replace the battery or plug it in a wall, simply pass. They will soon get the msg. By the way an 18650 is pretty much kaput after a year. Batteries of lesser quality, 6 months. :tiphat: