Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post

Ya think so, on a cannabis forum? Thanks for the correction

Although I did not alter my temp while pressing, I did increase pressure while pressing. I also pressed them a 2nd time after the 1st run. You would be surprised what was left. I only pressed a couple of times, and although yummy the yield simply wasn't there.

So, I vape my buds with a Flowermate V5Nano 360 deg. Although a lot of folks like smoking their buds, I vape them. I quit smoking 11 yrs ago. Outside of the 1st drag on a joint, to me it tastes like burnt leaves. OTOH I can actually taste my weed with my vape If I feel (haven't yet) like a dab, I'll simply take a gram and press it.
    I have a Pax3 and a volcano type vaporizer. I like them both but every so often I get something really good and I like to have a bongload to check it out.
    Since finding rosin, my go to (burnt) in bong days have ended I think.

The puffco pro may be outside my budget but lookie here. I see a Puffco peak for $150.00 less right from the manufacturer.

Anyone have experience with the Peak?

Or does anyone know of a better type unit for the same or less?

Again, many thanks to all you stoners willing to give up your time to help me on my quest.

Vape on kids
    Just because your paranoid
    Doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Comment

I just got:
      https://www.hunibadger.com/

Full kit with batteries, bubbler and tips cost $450 cdn (stupid $100 "vaporizer" tax in my province)
      -so maybe out of your budget.

It is awesome though.
      Turn it on, wait 10seconds, dip into glass container with extract and BAM!

I find it has much better taste than a ezSai vape pen, easier to clean and you never have to load the product.

Comment

Originally posted by methias View Post
        ...Anyone have experience with the Peak?

Or does anyone know of a better type unit for the same or less?...
        Not the original, but I have the Peak Pro and it works quite well. The thing doesn't charge for crap, though...just stops charging and I have to plug it back in 30 times just to get all the way to a green charge status. Just haven't gotten around to complaining yet 😖

But, I also have the Puffco Plus, which is like a vape pen but without the messy crappy coils. Just a ceramic bowl in the chamber for your sweet, sweet goodness. So easy to clean with a Qtip (every time!), and I probably get 20 full cycles off each charge. Going on 4 months without an issue. Discreet, it looks like my nic pen (Vuse Vibe) lol
        https://www.puffco.com/products/puffco-plus

Peace

DM
        Basement Buds in Bed

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyMcSmoker View Post

Not the original, but I have the Peak Pro and it works quite well. The thing doesn't charge for crap, though...just stops charging and I have to plug it back in 30 times just to get all the way to a green charge status. Just haven't gotten around to complaining yet 😖

But, I also have the Puffco Plus, which is like a vape pen but without the messy crappy coils. Just a ceramic bowl in the chamber for your sweet, sweet goodness. So easy to clean with a Qtip (every time!), and I probably get 20 full cycles off each charge. Going on 4 months without an issue. Discreet, it looks like my nic pen (Vuse Vibe) lol
          https://www.puffco.com/products/puffco-plus

Peace

DM
          Having worked a spell in the ecig industry (vendor), I avoid any device that doesn't have replaceable batteries. Batteries are 15 dollars or so a pop (18650s). Batteries, including the ones in devices are good for 300-500 (dependent on lithium quality) recharges then they are toast.

So in my humblest of opinions, unless you can replace the battery or plug it in a wall, simply pass. They will soon get the msg. By the way an 18650 is pretty much kaput after a year. Batteries of lesser quality, 6 months.
          Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
          https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
          but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
          the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
          may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

My special lady friend has the carta focus v and she like it for wax, rosin and dry.
            (DONE) 600 watt pp wonderberry tahoe gsc gg4xfc

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=310164

( ACTIVE ) Wanna see my pp??

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=308818

( DONE) GG4 X Fire Cookies promix and hydro
            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314637

This where u wanna be when jesus comes back

Comment

I’m tired of using the torch myself but it does get the job done .... horrible tool though

Comment

Originally posted by star crash View Post
                I’m tired of using the torch myself but it does get the job done .... horrible tool though
                I hear ya good buddy

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Comment

Having worked a spell in the ecig industry (vendor), I avoid any device that doesn't have replaceable batteries. Batteries are 15 dollars or so a pop (18650s). Batteries, including the ones in devices are good for 300-500 (dependent on lithium quality) recharges then they are toast.

So in my humblest of opinions, unless you can replace the battery or plug it in a wall, simply pass. They will soon get the msg. By the way an 18650 is pretty much kaput after a year. Batteries of lesser quality, 6 months.
                  Good advice.
                  I agree completely. Replaceable batteries goes on the list.
                  Thank you,

Vape on kids.

Comment

Originally posted by sturgeongeneral View Post
                    My special lady friend has the carta focus v and she like it for wax, rosin and dry.
                    Wow.
                    the Carta Focus V seems to check off my needs and wants.
                    It reviews well and it's cost isn't prohibitive.
                    I'm pulling the trigger on the Carta.
                    Thank you.

Vape on kids

Comment

I hear ya good buddy
                      I like my torch but having to go out to the garage to get a hit every time.....

This will be better I am sure.

Comment

I have a Evolve plus XL and the battery has lasted at least 2 years with daily use, I also have a Pulsar Barb Fire that the battery has lasted at least a year with daily use, so either I am lucky or they have a long battery life. The torch is hard to control the heat, it’s easy to get a hot hit...
                        Prop 215 compliant.
                        Don't panic it's ORGANIC...

Comment

Originally posted by EsterEssence View Post
                          I have a Evolve plus XL and the battery has lasted at least 2 years with daily use, I also have a Pulsar Barb Fire that the battery has lasted at least a year with daily use, so either I am lucky or they have a long battery life. The torch is hard to control the heat, it’s easy to get a hot hit...
                          I am not bullshitting here! I own a battery analyzer and have done my homework. Read...

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/...attery_runtime

Comment

I didn’t think you were bullshitting, I was just stating my experience...
                            Prop 215 compliant.
                            Don't panic it's ORGANIC...

Comment

When we look at the price of some of those devices, which are equipped with Li PO batteries, it is simply not worth the expense. I simply pass. You might well be lucky, but I doubt that

Comment

I own a carta, peak and dabcool. Id highly recommend all 3. That being said the peak with a quartz insert is buy far my favorite from the 3. Dabcool however provides a similar hit to peak at a fraction of the cost but doesnt have great customer service. Hope that helps somewhat
                                *DISCLAIMER: My intent is to appear to be a part of the counter culture represented by this website, and everything I present is fabricated and/or embellished. I am, in reality, not actually a part of, or in any way involved in, said counter culture.

Comment

Working...
                                X