Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosin convert looking for electric rig.

Hi everybody,

Having recently fallen victim to rosin, I (like any good addict) picked up a 4 ton Dabpress and pressed my entire inventory into sweet smelling rosin. I tried a bong load of LA Confidential buds and it tasted like cigarettes.

Now I have about 10 grams of rosin and I'm getting tired of the torch already.

I need a dab - pen, rig, enail, or something that will last and provide quality vape from my rosin consistently.

What have you loved or hated and why.
    Thanks for all your input.

Vape on kids,
    Last edited by methias; 05-05-2021, 06:15. Reason: Correction added buds
    Just because your paranoid
    Doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF1B2BA6-8B06-4AAD-9F0B-142D61E5266F.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	17848755 This is all you need.

Comment

He asked specifically for an electric rig
      Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
      but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
      the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
      may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

A puff co isn’t a electronic rig? I plug it in to charge it ?🤷🏻‍♂️ Click image for larger version

Name:	E68AEEBC-A8D2-4186-A9F2-4DE589757BA5.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	17848886

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigygrower View Post
          A puff co isn’t a electronic rig? I plug it in to charge it ?🤷🏻‍♂️ Click image for larger version

Name:	E68AEEBC-A8D2-4186-A9F2-4DE589757BA5.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	17848886
          "Their" site wasn't clear on that!

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Comment

I have a mini nail, had a problem with it after at least a year and half of near continuous use, contacted the company and they replaced it free of charge.
            Prop 215 compliant.
            Don't panic it's ORGANIC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post
              He asked specifically for an electric rig
              I see my options are fire or electricity to vaporize my rosin and I'm over the torch.
              I've pressed all my bud, it's vape time.

Name:	IMG_20210421_121712581_HDR.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	17849198
              ​​​​​​​Vape on kids
              Last edited by methias; 05-04-2021, 15:55. Reason: Added pic

Comment

Bong with an e-nail is great for home use, the puffco is an excellent mobile rig. Use fresh, cured flower or kief to press, at low temps and you'll get better flavor. Dark, foul tasting rosin is usually from old material, too hot or too long of a press, or a combination thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by EsterEssence View Post
                  I have a mini nail, had a problem with it after at least a year and half of near continuous use, contacted the company and they replaced it free of charge.
                  Who makes that?
                  I like a company that stands behind their products.

Comment

guys, just what on earth is a mini nail exactly? I´ve honestly never heard of it before. Way back, like more than 10 years ago, people would talk about bubble bags a lot but I´ve not heard of this sort of thing until now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMMJ View Post
                      Bong with an e-nail is great for home use, the puffco is an excellent mobile rig. Use fresh, cured flower or kief to press, at low temps and you'll get better flavor. Dark, foul tasting rosin is usually from old material, too hot or too long of a press, or a combination thereof.
                      Thank you
                      Puffco may be a bit out of my price range for the moment.
                      I like everything about it except the cost.

As to pressing,
                      I like to start at 215 F .
                      set the puck in and slight pressure for 2 minutes, turn down to 195 and more pressure slowly building till I see moisture.
                      Then I pump it up to tight and tilt my dabpress to allow dripping. once a minute I increase pressure 3-4 times.
                      Each time tilting the press over to drip.

Here is some K2 Rosin I pressed (orange yellow container above)

Name:	Cheese.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	17849436
                      No dark nasty rosin here..

Just a poor stoner looking for Puffco Lite or something close and less pricy.

Vape on kids

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?client...+pressing+temp

It's in my book (note book) what, to press at. Your temps and pressure are to high!
                        Golden is the operative word. You are very fart from golden, no wonder it tastes like shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post
                          https://www.google.com/search?client...+pressing+temp

It's in my book (note book) what, to press at. Your temps and pressure are to high!
                          Golden is the operative word. You are very fart from golden, no wonder it tastes like shit!
                          Possibly I'm missing something.
                          Your book tells us
                          "Flower: Stay within a temperature range of 180-220 degrees for a period of 60-180 seconds."
                          I start at 215 and work down to 195 as I slowly press. I use directional flow folds and drip tech so that the rosin moves away from the heat of the press and doesn't overcook.

I was toasted when I started this thread so Correction time.

What I said
                          " I tried a bong load of LA Confidential and it tasted like cigarettes."

I Left out one crucial word .
                          It should have read,
                          I tried a bong load of LA Confidential buds and it tasted like cigarettes.

The rosin I pressed is sweet, mild, and Kick-Ass. After two weeks dabbing rosin, flower in bong now (compared to dabbing) tastes like cigarettes.

My apologies to all for posting really toasted.

Vape on kids

Comment

Originally posted by methias View Post

Possibly I'm missing something.
                            Your book tells us
                            "Flower: Stay within a temperature range of 180-220 degrees for a period of 60-180 seconds."
                            I start at 215 and work down to 195 as I slowly press. I use directional flow folds and drip tech so that the rosin moves away from the heat of the press and doesn't overcook.

I was toasted when I started this thread so Correction time.

What I said
                            " I tried a bong load of LA Confidential and it tasted like cigarettes."

I Left out one crucial word .
                            It should have read,
                            I tried a bong load of LA Confidential buds and it tasted like cigarettes.

The rosin I pressed is sweet, mild, and Kick-Ass. After two weeks dabbing rosin, flower in bong now (compared to dabbing) tastes like cigarettes.

My apologies to all for posting really toasted.

Vape on kids
                            Ya think so, on a cannabis forum? Thanks for the correction

Although I did not alter my temp while pressing, I did increase pressure while pressing. I also pressed them a 2nd time after the 1st run. You would be surprised what was left. I only pressed a couple of times, and although yummy the yield simply wasn't there.

So, I vape my buds with a Flowermate V5Nano 360 deg. Although a lot of folks like smoking their buds, I vape them. I quit smoking 11 yrs ago. Outside of the 1st drag on a joint, to me it tastes like burnt leaves. OTOH I can actually taste my weed with my vape If I feel (haven't yet) like a dab, I'll simply take a gram and press it.

Comment

Mini Nail is the company. I do drip tech at 200 degrees, Rosin from kief is usually darker than flower. If you take a small amount and make a thin layer on a piece of parchment rosin from kief is golden. My rosin is a darker color that butters up, smells like killer hash and tastes great, it doesn’t need to be golden...
                              Prop 215 compliant.
                              Don't panic it's ORGANIC...

Comment

Working...
                              X