What's new

Testing the Extract Craft EtOH Pro

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
While I participated in beta testing Extract Crafts Turbo vacuum still back in 2016, alas I missed that opportunity when they were beta testing their EtOH Pro unit, so imagine my joy and amazement when I got a shot at testing their production unit.

The opportunity came at a propitious moment, because we no longer have the skunk pharm research lab and it is now a Class B felony locally to extract using LPG outside a licensed and permitted facility.

As a consequence, despite owning BHO extraction equipment, I again joined the ranks of home extractor seeking viable safe legal affordable solutions and reviewed this equipment in that light.

“Is there an advantage to this over a simple countertop still like the Megahome still or a simple DIY pot still?”

“Is this a unit that would serve my needs when serving as my own resource for meds?”

My motivation was my need to extract this year’s C-99/NL harvest, as well as some Canna Gooey material I have been curing in jars since 2017, so I chose the still legal QWET process using 190 proof ethanol and the EtOH Pro allowed me to extract my two material lots in fifteen (15) half gallon runs. A reasonable trial…….

Read the balance of this article at:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...sts/16-2-6-testing-the-extract-craft-etoh-pro

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey GW, what a bummer, they changed the laws on you? no more liquid gas extraction allowed? always the same, some idiots blow themselves up and the sensible people pay the price by reduced freedom. you are such a pro, its crazy to think they see you as a danger. you should ask for an exemption to make internet content, lol.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey GW, what a bummer, they changed the laws on you? no more liquid gas extraction allowed? always the same, some idiots blow themselves up and the sensible people pay the price by reduced freedom. you are such a pro, its crazy to think they see you as a danger. you should ask for an exemption to make internet content, lol.

They still allow liquid gas extraction in labs licensed and permitted for the purpose. Even though our SPR extraction room was C1D1 long before they made it the rule, our lab wasn't in a city zone where liquid gas extraction is permitted and of course the licensing fees are usury enough to be unattractive to anyone not writing it off as a business expense.

We also built our isolated lab on the far corner of Eloquentsolution's property, so she could use in her business and renting commercial space to start over again in an allowed zone got way more expensive as soon as there was a rush to acquire them.

Cannabis is a retirement hobby to me and to pay that kind of money for permitting and space, I would have to operate it as a business and at in my late 70's, I prefer to limit non play/eat/sleep activities.

To your point, in the infamous words of Jim Croce, "They got all (pro's) they can use.........." When we voted in adult recreational cannabis use, they moved the OMMP cannabis medical program under the same roof, namely OLCC Oregon Liquor Control Commission, and view medical as wink, wink, nudge, nudge, just an attempt to circumvent tax laws, so they neatly fence everyone in like they did with alcohol and sit back raking in the big bucks.

Never forget that besides politicians with dollar signs for eyes, the same folks fighting tooth and nail to prevent medical and then recreational cannabis legalization, are still fighting to insure we don't enjoy our ballot box win, or how insidiously devious and underhanded some of them have been from their "horal my ground." They can't let home extraction be the rule, because not only are morons blowing things up, but the politicians can't control the taxation.

I have no doubt I can find a local licensed lab that will let me conduct experiments for publication, but chose option C, after the fight them or join options.

Hee, hee, hee, option C is to investigate new fun opportunities to exploit the openings that they haven't closed yet.

Latest posts

Latest posts