What's new

HOLY SHIT! Holy Anointing Oil from Exodus.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
So I started to finally make the HAO using keif and I'm running into trouble. I put 10 grams of keif into a cup sized mason jar and filled it two thirds full with everclear. I shook the jar up a bunch to try and get the keif to dissolve but it doesn't seem to be doing much. After letting the jar sit the keif comes out of solution and separates from the alcohol. The alcohol above the keif slush is a dark green, almost brown. Does this sound right? I don't know if the mixture breaks down when heated and that's when the magic happens or what. I just wanted to make sure something wasn't going wrong here as this is representing a decent investment. I was hoping this stuff would all dissolve enough that I could run it through a coffee filter to separate any leafy matter, weed hairs, etc. to clean it up a bit.

Here is the way the mixture looks after separating.
picture.php

And here is the mixture with the tincture bottle I'm hoping to eventually get it into.
picture.php

I apologize for so many questions but hopefully there can be answers here for others down the road. Thanks for feedback. :yes:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Kief is a mixture of waxes and plant matter that make up the trichomes. The alcohol will have dissolved the active oils out of the kief material.

You can pour that through a cut-down coffee-filter in a funnel (rinse the oils on the filter with some more alcohol if you have it, waste not want not) and then boil off the alcohol.

Once the alcohol has been completely boiled off (no more alcohol smelling fumes and the mixture is thicker), add the remaining ingredients and 'cook' it accordingly. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I started to finally make the HAO using keif and I'm running into trouble. I put 10 grams of keif into a cup sized mason jar and filled it two thirds full with everclear. I shook the jar up a bunch to try and get the keif to dissolve but it doesn't seem to be doing much. After letting the jar sit the keif comes out of solution and separates from the alcohol. The alcohol above the keif slush is a dark green, almost brown. Does this sound right? I don't know if the mixture breaks down when heated and that's when the magic happens or what. I just wanted to make sure something wasn't going wrong here as this is representing a decent investment. I was hoping this stuff would all dissolve enough that I could run it through a coffee filter to separate any leafy matter, weed hairs, etc. to clean it up a bit.

Here is the way the mixture looks after separating.
View Image

And here is the mixture with the tincture bottle I'm hoping to eventually get it into.
View Image

I apologize for so many questions but hopefully there can be answers here for others down the road. Thanks for feedback. :yes:

It takes forever to dissolve trichomes in cold alcohol, so you might consider boiling it for about 30 minutes. If it is for HAO, it will be decarboxylated later anyway.

Whether you boil it or not, if you put the cake back in more alcohol, you should be able to extract more oil.

HashSlasher420

Hey GW, just wondering.... How did you get those exact ratios for the HAO's?

I converted the actual scripture text and...
250 shekels of landrace sativa = ~100 oz of landrace sativa
to 1 hin of olive oil = ~ 16 cups (alot of disputes on this anywhere from 12.5 cups to 24 cups but the most agreed upon was this)

Note this was also the potency of ~3000 year old cannabis so we can safely assume our potency is somewhere between 5-10x stronger

So the modern potency ratio would be 10-20 oz cannabis : 16 cups oil
Ergo 0.625-1.25oz cannabis : 1 cup oil
17.5 - 35 g cannabis : 1 cup
If using BHO at 1 1:6 oleoresin return ratio you are looking at
2.92 grams - 5.84 grams of BHO per CUP of coconut oil

Grey, I am FAR from trying to contradict the FINE work you have done for not only the IC fam here but everyone in need of this kind of medicine around the world....
What I am trying to do is basically just get the EXACT ratio that was derived from the bible and see how that works. Does my math look correct? Me with my numbers makes me confused upon how you got yours?
it really does not matter, just from one scientific mind to another I think you understand LOL

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey GW, just wondering.... How did you get those exact ratios for the HAO's?

I converted the actual scripture text and...
250 shekels of landrace sativa = ~100 oz of landrace sativa
to 1 hin of olive oil = ~ 16 cups (alot of disputes on this anywhere from 12.5 cups to 24 cups but the most agreed upon was this)

Note this was also the potency of ~3000 year old cannabis so we can safely assume our potency is somewhere between 5-10x stronger

So the modern potency ratio would be 10-20 oz cannabis : 16 cups oil
Ergo 0.625-1.25oz cannabis : 1 cup oil
17.5 - 35 g cannabis : 1 cup
If using BHO at 1 1:6 oleoresin return ratio you are looking at
2.92 grams - 5.84 grams of BHO per CUP of coconut oil

Grey, I am FAR from trying to contradict the FINE work you have done for not only the IC fam here but everyone in need of this kind of medicine around the world....
What I am trying to do is basically just get the EXACT ratio that was derived from the bible and see how that works. Does my math look correct? Me with my numbers makes me confused upon how you got yours?
it really does not matter, just from one scientific mind to another I think you understand LOL

Eloquentsolution did the math and developed our HAO. I'll ask her to answer your question.

good question, hashslasher. i went thru your same motions with similar results. the original link that inspired the recipe came from a website where i have been banned, but it was a link for another website where i still have access. i will try to locate the link thru friends, till then, y'all will have to do with memory.

from what i have read in the interim, there are a couple variations. the one that inspired me was the stronger of the two in discussion. it read as follows:

1 oz cinnamon bark
1 oz cinnamon leaf
15 oz cannabis
1 liter olive oil
cover with water and boil till water is gone, sieve. HAO

i merely extracted a kali mist plant to determine yield (much lower then, imagine if i had formulated today with 25% rather then the 10% or so that i used then) and converted the formula to essential oils, changing the olive to coconut for the benefit of my Alzheimer's mother (rip, mom).

but this is old information. let me try to find the link. it may take me some time but i'll get to it.

synax

when it comes to decarboxylation you discuss watching the bubbles in the extract vs timing the extract. Once the large co2 bubble diminish and only get the small even sized bubbles, how much longer do you push in your oil bath? Right after the large ones are done, wait till the small even sized ones taper off a bit more?

I assume this same process can be visually seen in ethanol, coconut oil...?

If you already answered I apologize but I couldn't find it in a search

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when it comes to decarboxylation you discuss watching the bubbles in the extract vs timing the extract. Once the large co2 bubble diminish and only get the small even sized bubbles, how much longer do you push in your oil bath? Right after the large ones are done, wait till the small even sized ones taper off a bit more?

I assume this same process can be visually seen in ethanol, coconut oil...?

If you already answered I apologize but I couldn't find it in a search

We don't use time, we only watch bubbles, but full decarboxylation at 250F only takes abut 30 minutes. From solvent to gone, to 70% decarboxylation, is probably about 20/25 minutes.

I haven't tried it in coconut oil, but it works with butane, hexane, and alcohols.

synax

We don't use time, we only watch bubbles, but full decarboxylation at 250F only takes abut 30 minutes. From solvent to gone, to 70% decarboxylation, is probably about 20/25 minutes.

I haven't tried it in coconut oil, but it works with butane, hexane, and alcohols.

Thanks GW, much appreciated. It was only about 10-15min in coconut oil till the bigger bubbles died off, I ran it for another 5 with the smaller even bubbles then pulled it. Super nice head high with very good pain relief without the numbing effect. I am partial to that numbing effect so I think for my batches I'll run it longer. Now I need to get the rest of the ingredients for the anointing oil.

Ok_nobody

Does anyone have any preference on CO2 extracted cinnamon bark oil vs Steam-Distilled?

The CO2 doesn't seem too irritating at the initial recipe ratios, IMO. It seems to have less Cinnamyl aldehyde than the steam distilled version. Eugenol content is not listed, like in the Ceylon stuff, but it's probably there. It seems there is more Eugenol in the leaf than the bark, that's probably why both are included.

T

TribalSeeds

Just thought Id point out that youre all DAMNED!!!

"And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, This shall be an holy anointing oil unto Me throughout your generations. Upon man's flesh shall it not be poured, neither shall ye make any other like it, after the composition of it: it is holy, and it shall be holy unto you. Whosoever compoundeth any like it, or whosoever putteth any of it upon a stranger, shall even be cut off from his people." (Exodus 30:31-33 KJV)

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does anyone have any preference on CO2 extracted cinnamon bark oil vs Steam-Distilled?

The CO2 doesn't seem too irritating at the initial recipe ratios, IMO. It seems to have less Cinnamyl aldehyde than the steam distilled version. Eugenol content is not listed, like in the Ceylon stuff, but it's probably there. It seems there is more Eugenol in the leaf than the bark, that's probably why both are included.

I use the steam extracted oil and it works fine. Haven't tried the C02 extract.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just thought Id point out that youre all DAMNED!!!

"And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, This shall be an holy anointing oil unto Me throughout your generations. Upon man's flesh shall it not be poured, neither shall ye make any other like it, after the composition of it: it is holy, and it shall be holy unto you. Whosoever compoundeth any like it, or whosoever putteth any of it upon a stranger, shall even be cut off from his people." (Exodus 30:31-33 KJV)

But damned good, and I never liked "his people" anyway. My people are free spirits and more fun to be around.

PS: Switch gods! My nicer God told me that life was meant to be lived with gusto and to help myself to the fruits of creation.

Now let's talk about a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich..........

T

TribalSeeds

I'm trying to figure out how you think myrrh means cannabis, here is the wiki on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrrh

Id like to believe that this is wrong and you are right but im not seeing it here.

FUcking wikiguy.
Nobody said it was myrrh
calamus - kanabos /kineboisin = marijuana

Just another roman "translation problem"

Fuck Rome

Last edited:
T

TribalSeeds

But damned good, and I never liked "his people" anyway. My people are free spirits and more fun to be around.

PS: Switch gods! My nicer God told me that life was meant to be lived with gusto and to help myself to the fruits of creation.

Now let's talk about a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich..........

Israel literally means - he who prevails with God
Your babylonian English translation tells you differently
Youve fallen for another one of their lies.
There is no "his people"
We're all one.
JC was a Herbrew, btw... Yeshua
Fuck Rome
I dont eat bacon and Im not a Jew. That shit will kill you.
One God?
For those who dont know... The Roman Bible is exactly that. What Rome said youre supposed to obey. Babylon tried to burn the rest of their writings and hide the truth! They knew we didnt stand a chance against them if we were against eachother!

Last edited:

ZBeebs

Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but where exactly was cannabis listed as an ingredient in the quote on the first post? It doesn't. It lists Cassia, which is NOT cannabis. So you substituted one shrub for a weed... yeah, it works, it's got lots of cannabis in it... but to say it's an old recipe from the Bible? Come on...

T

TribalSeeds

Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but where exactly was cannabis listed as an ingredient in the quote on the first post? It doesn't. It lists Cassia, which is NOT cannabis. So you substituted one shrub for a weed... yeah, it works, it's got lots of cannabis in it... but to say it's an old recipe from the Bible? Come on...

Translated from Aramaic/Hebrew - kanabos - kineboisin = marijuana
Fuck Rome! They gave you Fragrance Cane

Last edited: