What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

calcium in tissue analysis

BongFu

"We normally see 6 to 10% in the leaves when running 85% Ca+"...... and ???

At which point of the crop cycle are you seeing 6 -10 %?

And yeah school is clearly over. Thank god for that.

Oh PS and on a more serious note the thread will be an interesting time capsule to go back to later as they more fully develop sufficiency ranges for the various stages of plant development. That is one great thing about the forums in that a part of Canna history is recorded.

Last edited:

BongFu

I give up.

I think the dude has Trump genetics. hahahaha

Haha, nah. BLM. I think you might actually have a few things in common with Dumpster. The parts you missed and there were many is we actually agreed in the end. Go back to my posts which state we often see 8.5% Ca at harvest - I even posted tissue showing this and asked could you cite your reference etc? If you weren't such a jumped up little fool wanting to "battle" we could have got there so much sooner *hell it still hasn't dawned on you; however, what is patently apparent, beyond the name dropping etc, is you have fark all clue about tissue analysis and how nutrients in the tissue are dynamic and changing throughout the course of the crop cycle. The only thing I personally took from this conversation was a piece of research I haven't seen before so thanks for that. You did misinterpret the data but hey that happens all too often. Oh and Slow Tickle there were many laughs along the way like the old research is better blah blah blah.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Leaf standards

Leaf standards

These are the latest leaf standards from the authors of the book, Plant Analysis III and IV which everyone uses to back up bad research in new articles and the owners of this lab.

Not that good. Still way off.

Sending some samples to this lab to see how they come back.

Attachments

• cannabis leaf standards.jpg
    cannabis leaf standards.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 69

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The number 1 by far THC came with the highest foliar Ca and by far, the highest base distribution level of Ca. Look at the statistics junior! Do you know what statistics mean?

It means that plants with high cystolithic hair density also have high glandular hair density, or cystolithic hairs mature at the same time as glandular hairs. Shocker. Were those plants from seed with identical THC and CBD levels when grown in the same soil? A better measure for their testing I think is the total amount of cannabinoid per plant. Do all varieties have a uniform amount of cystolithic hairs, or do some have more or less?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
How long do most of you guys feed Calcium in flowering?? I know it depends alot on strain, just curious how long most feed Ca??

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
How long do most of you guys feed Calcium in flowering?? I know it depends alot on strain, just curious how long most feed Ca??

I can't answer as an expert. However it seems most are loading up in veg and through to transition. Meaning bottle doses or maybe 50% more. Then during stacking Ca is a problem and so you may find half a dose of your calmag better, or less if you can. You certainly don't load up, you just cover requirements. Then some point mid flower the assimilating of Ca is falling off but towards the end it helps potency so you go back up again. Though I fear yield suffers.

I just grew some walnuts. I really wanted buds but we will see... That was just loading with Ca the whole time as one asked for Ca ans I should of ignored it.

I will put this up as a baseline post for people to hack at. I know it's not right, but best foot forward and all that :)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I would like to do some individual threads regarding each amendment. Covering it's basic reason for being there. It's deficiency signs. It's use throughout the cycle. Ca and Mg would be two good threads to start with. After N which is easy to grasp. With a K thread that would presumably reference P quite a bit.

Build it any they will come? I dunno... but it's been on my mind as I battle with Mg and the idea epson provides it (10% elemantal, 16% as an oxide equivalent) and the higher rate of S that's linked with flavour. Kinowing S could be good towards the end but Mg is a harsh smoke.

But Ca thread..

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I usually give most plants as required on the Calmag bottle, maybe a bit more in early flowering. And then I kinda easy away from Calmag the last few times I fertilizer before flushing. Guys have studied this over the years and know almost exactly how much to feed CA. Thanks

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I would like to do some individual threads regarding each amendment. Covering it's basic reason for being there. It's deficiency signs. It's use throughout the cycle. Ca and Mg would be two good threads to start with. After N which is easy to grasp. With a K thread that would presumably reference P quite a bit.

Build it any they will come? I dunno... but it's been on my mind as I battle with Mg and the idea epson provides it (10% elemantal, 16% as an oxide equivalent) and the higher rate of S that's linked with flavour. Kinowing S could be good towards the end but Mg is a harsh smoke.

But Ca thread..

Great idea, I think there's already a silica thread I think. Yea everybody is looking for the perfect amendments for there grows. I'd just like to see somebody with FACTS that they have tested. I have pretty much the same feed regimen as I did yrs ago. I did start using silica. I always try some different things sometimes to see how they react. But I've not really studied a big number of plants.

ButterflyEffect

I'd love to get some insight into this as well.

It's certainly context related. Such as, how pure is your water source, the substrate choice, fertigation frequency, etc.

For me, I try to balance adding extra Ca in Veg, up to just before they go into flower while dealing with the imbalances that it often causes. For example, I'll foliar with Calcium Carbonate, but then I'll start to see an Mg def and when pushed too far, a P def.

The run that I'm harvesting in a week is one of the best I've had with respect to Ca loading and subsequent stacking. The secret is definitely in the timing of when and the balance of the elements.

Would love to have a baseline of what elements are needed most at any given phase of the plants life cycle.

Charles Dankens

I'd love to get some insight into this as well.

It's certainly context related. Such as, how pure is your water source, the substrate choice, fertigation frequency, etc.

For me, I try to balance adding extra Ca in Veg, up to just before they go into flower while dealing with the imbalances that it often causes. For example, I'll foliar with Calcium Carbonate, but then I'll start to see an Mg def and when pushed too far, a P def.

The run that I'm harvesting in a week is one of the best I've had with respect to Ca loading and subsequent stacking. The secret is definitely in the timing of when and the balance of the elements.

Would love to have a baseline of what elements are needed most at any given phase of the plants life cycle.

What is your method for the foliar application of CaCO3? I`m using a CaCl foliar this round, so far so good.

ButterflyEffect

What is your method for the foliar application of CaCO3? I`m using a CaCl foliar this round, so far so good.

Very random at this point. I'm still messing with things, trying to get a routine. I'll have to try the CaCl at some point soon, as well.

One thing I think I may have figured out is that I believe I'm having a bit of a Boron def. My root zone pH is 6.5 or higher on all plants. My current theory is that the fulvic I use is inducing this. I also think that it's more a humic than a fulvic due to its very dark color. At these pH levels, I'd be starting to lock out B and therefore messing with Ca uptake.