Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why also non-glandural type of trichomes on Cannabis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f-e
    replied
    90s candy bar phone, but look at the Ice. It doesn't have either.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chilliwilli
    replied
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• Cvh
    replied
    ^Yeah, you're right, it's like nuts. It's also a dual purpose word.

Leave a comment:

• Drewsif
    replied
    Glandular trichs purpose is to attract microbes. Ontthe internet you hell tell you it's sunscreen or some shit.

Defensive trichs purpose is to identify the malevolent alien spies who can't touch pot with sneezing. The internet wil probably tell you it's for bug defense or some ting.

Leave a comment:

• chilliwilli
    replied
    Hi folks
    are visible trichomes on stamen a indicator for a resinouse male? On the outside of the male flowers i can see trichs through the microscope but on the stamen with my eyes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_05_24_14_02_30_766.png
Views:	132
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	17864301

Leave a comment:

• Brother Nature
    replied
    Awesome photos CVH, cheers for gathering them all into one thread too. I always question my Trichome reading skills around harvest time, but this collection really shows the differences between the clear, cloudy, and amber. Such a beautiful plant.

Leave a comment:

• imiubu
    replied
    Well presented @Cvh, very informative.

The accompanying photos are so very helpful.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Cvh
    replied
    Why don't you guys try to find all the different types of Cannabis trichomes in these pictures?
    Read the following short text and then go ahead and try to identify them.

(Plz let me know if you see any mistakes or spelling errors, this is just a quick text I had written up and had send to somebody) .

Cannabis Trichomes:

In short there are 2 big groups of Cannabis trichomes: non-glandular and glandular types.

Non-glandular trichomes are the types without Cannabinoids. This group is also called the Cystoliths. An example of this are the Cystolithic hairs. These can be found evenly spread out across the plant and are not concentrated in certain regions.

Glandular trichomes are the types which physically can hold Cannabinoids. These have a kind of a reservoir aka 'the head', a round cellular mass where the inside of it is filled with a suspension of mostly Cannabinoids.

Cannabis has 3 main kinds of glandular trichomes:

- Bulbous: a round cellular mass directly on the plant without a stalk. These can be found evenly spread out across the plant, these aren't restricted or concentrated into specific plant regions.

- Capitate sessile: These have a head on a small stalk. Mushroom shaped. These are primarily found on the underside of sugar- and fan leaves.

- Capitate stalked: this is the one we're all after. This one is the largest and biggest of them all. These have a very big 'head' located on a large stalk and are primarily found on the surface of cannabis flowers and sugar leaves. These are rarely found on Cannabis stalks or fan leaves.

After Cannabis is dried (and chilled), the heads break off easily from the stalk of the glandular capitate stalked trichomes. And as you might know, these heads sieved and collected are what is called kief. Kief that is pressed is called hash.

Here is an article with a good explanation about all the different types and the basics about cannabinoids synthesis:
    https://weedmaps.com/learn/the-plant...oids-are-made/

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• aridbud
    replied
    Originally posted by wutwut View Post
    wow, this is next level shit!
    Indeed!!! Great learning experience!! Thanks, Cvh!!

Leave a comment:

• aridbud
    replied
    Gorgeous, Cvh....love the SHOW & tell!!! RIU...eat your heart out!!! Haaaa!

Leave a comment:

• wutwut
    replied
    wow, this is next level shit!

Leave a comment:

• superpedro
    replied
    My guess would be based on where and when it's produced by the plant.
    Hair-like structure on the underside of fan leaves, also seen during veg. Limits air circulation and heightens the "dew point", giving the plants a bit more resistance to heat and dry air.
    Seen in many plants.
    Bug repellent? Don't think so. If we had an evolutionary race i pest control, cannabis would probably suffer less from pest attacks compared to your garden plants without those weapons.
    Glandular and cannabinoid rich belongs to the flower. My guess is to protect the seeds.
    I've seen birds pick my sunflowers, my corn my everything but cannabis seeds. And it's not like they don't like them..

Leave a comment:

• Cvh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cvh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cvh
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X