Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Guelph paper- Flushing is a myth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Science is infallible, the problem is that humans write the hypotheses.

Let's keep this on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauss View Post
      Science is infallible, the problem is that humans write the hypotheses.

Let's keep this on the road.

Um you have just argued why we need science.

Comment

Originally posted by Weird View Post
        for those too inept to google

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4429656/

Leaf mineral nutrient remobilization during leaf senescence and modulation by nutrient deficiency

I can't fathom a "professional" from a "professional" agricultural industry being this ignorant and inept

This is a good paper.

To quote from your link:

A first hypothesis may rely on the effect of the characteristic source/sink ratio of each species
        that can be strongly influenced by breeding in particular. T. aestivum and H. vulgare have been
        selected mostly for yield improvement via increases in grain production per plant leading to
        a strong reduction in the source to sink ratio
        . As a consequence, it can be hypothesized that
        nutrient remobilization has been positively selected toward higher efficiencies.

This can be further supported by the high macronutrient apparent remobilization efficiencies
        recorded in this study that reached nearly -80% for N, K, S, and Mg (Figure (Figure3A)3A)
        and nearly −40% or more for Mn and Cu (Figure (Figure3B).3B).

The effect of breeding on remobilization can also be supported by the fact that compared to old cultivars,
        the new high yielding varieties of winter wheat have been characterized by a larger loss of dry matter
        from vegetative organs and this effect has been associated with a more rapid and more complete
        remobilization of water-soluble carbohydrates from the vegetative parts
        (Mehrhoff and Kühbauch, 1990)

Emphasis mine.

I keep my environment constant and grow only the plants
        that do well.

My crossing projects positive results reflect the balance
        of nutes and yield.

Originally posted by Dropped Cat View Post
        Drying and curing (when done right) on the other hand have proved
        (In many studies) to have a major impact on taste and flavour,
        by breaking down chlorophylls and converting starches into sugars, as we all know.

Most attributes blamed on unflushed buds are likely the result of unproper drying/curing.

Green leaves make bigger buds, so the rub is controlling the ratio/application of
        your nutes to maximize trich production while minimizing green production.

Good post, Weird.
        "So we're just done with phrasing, right, that's not a thing anymore?."

"He's like Jesus, just dumber and fatter, and holds the Bible upside down".

Comment

the paper shows very large amounts of translocation during senescence up to 40% of macro nutrient and various micro nutrients relative to several factors

one thing the paper does not even consider is local cultivar performance

If we are growing a strain it does best if the environment matches the one its genes express best in. I find that to be natural and each cultivar has its own preferences. Dynamics change as we get closer to making that match. They do not consider plant to rhizosphere interaction rather bypass and control it. So evolutionary and adaptive expressions are assumed but not explored nor divined.

by most that it
          BLACK LIVES MATTER

galatians 6:7

The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
          Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
          For the wise men and the fools
          I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan

Comment

^ Yes it does Weird and it is supported by numerous other papers. Where does it translocate to? If nutrients are moving where are they moving to? (A: the harvestable product we smoke).

Comment

Originally posted by BongFu View Post
              ^ Yes it does Weird and it is supported by numerous other papers. Where does it translocate to? If nutrients are moving where are they moving to? (A: the harvestable product we smoke).
              do your own trial smoking is "subjective"

there are tobacco studies that measure constituents of smoke and aim for targets perceived to me "more enjoyable"

having grown like this for 20 + years out of preference I think it is cute you deny personal satisfaction as a metric

I wasn't willing to wait for science to answer that question I like many others have.

You can't change that reality through argument.

Just wasting bandwidth
              BLACK LIVES MATTER

galatians 6:7

The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
              Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
              For the wise men and the fools
              I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan

Comment

Okay, who ordered the scolding?

Hippie-punching on a cannabis board - don’t tell me, ‘you’re not here to make friends’....
                Your “arguments” are all over the place
                The FUTURE: *LIVE* it - or live *with* it...it’s just starting...NOW

Don’t vote for rich people - they’re not going to vote for YOU...
                ——————
                “You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, you know you have been captured,
                Still you feel so civilized...”

I’m not a fool, but I can recognize one
                ——————
                Letting my freak flag fly!

Comment

^ You seem to be suggesting the cannabis scene is made up entirely by hippies when in fact hippies are a tiny minority in the cannabis scene. You'd also note that I certainly haven't scolded Weird - he has brought great stuff to the table. I guess it surprises me how many people pervert and distort on forums when they can't undermine the science. i.e. if you can't undermine what the person is saying attack their person. E.g. Frank kicking off with "impotent child" insults when until that point in time things had been reasonably civil. Oh and my arguments have been extremely consistent since the outset but hey never let the facts stand in the way of an agenda right?

Comment

Completely wrong. Post #25, you started with the insults. Post #26 I told you not to start acting like a weak child. That resulted in you calling me a pedophile - because, yeah, that's what academics do. You are such a fraud.

And here we are still. You acting like an imbecile over a post where I didn't even quote or address you - and you go of the deep end in post #150 because you just can't STAND it when I post something and don't address you.

I post virtually the same information as Weird in terms of senescence and translocation and you call me a hack who denies science and him you converse with like a person.

Your issue is obvious to everyone in this thread. Grow up.

dank.Frank
                    Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading
                    as counter
                    culture cannabis enthusiasts with
                    their thinly veiled
                    self-justifications
                    catering to the morally
                    ambiguous
                    for the sake of the
                    ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

Nothing is more ubiquitously hippy than cannabis. Nothing.

Comment

Lol Frank you said in post 23 that my statement that only double blinds could tell us if flushing resulted in a cleaner taste was “so biased”.

I responded by saying that statement was science denying hippy dribble and flat earther stuff - which it is.

Your response was to throw a tantrum and tell me I was an impotent child lol.

Id say though at this point we have conclusively demonstrated that flushing has zero effect on inorganic nutrients in the bud tissue and all starving a plant does is mobilize nutrients from sources to sinks. Hell of a long discussion to get there and a few insults along the way but yup safe to say inline to the Guelph study flushing has no effect on inorganic nutrients in the bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauss View Post
                          Nothing is more ubiquitously hippy than cannabis. Nothing.
                          If it were 1973 Id totally agree with you.

Comment

dank.Frank
                            Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading
                            as counter
                            culture cannabis enthusiasts with
                            their thinly veiled
                            self-justifications
                            catering to the morally
                            ambiguous
                            for the sake of the
                            ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

Originally posted by BongFu View Post
                              If it were 1973 Id totally agree with you.
                              Typical.

Comment

Lol and now he calls me a wanker or is that an impotent wanker?

The last bastion of the fool is insults Frank. I asked you to say something intelligent aways back. Im still waiting. Out.

Comment

Working...
                                X