What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Methods of inducing Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance

shaggyballs

Veteran
Induced Resistance

(1) There is a diverse array of signals that stimulate IR.

(2) IR is a sensitization process that primes the plant for
more rapid deployment of defenses.

(3) When integrated into good agricultural practices, IR
can both enhance plant productivity and resistance to
disease.

(4) Has energetic costs

Types of induced resistance

1. Local acquired resistance (LAR)
2. Systemic acquired resistance (SAR)
3. Systemic gene silencing (SGS)
4. Induced systemic resistance (ISR)
5. Systemic wounding response (SWR)

Systemic Acquired Resistance

Controlled by salicylic acid (SA)
Broad resistance
More durable
Relies on the plants endogenous defenses
Classically effective against biotrophic pathogens

Chitosan

Chitosan is a plant defense booster derived through the breaking down of chitin found in shellfish and mullosks.
In general Chitosan can help improve the efficiency of a nutrient or fertilizer.
Chitosan will increase the quantity, size and shelf life of a harvest product. Chitosan is also effective at providing insect and disease control.
The chitosan molecule triggers a defence response within the plant, leading to the formation of physical and chemical barriers against invading pathogens.
Chitosan possesses a high growth stimulating efficacy combined with antifungal and antibacterial activity of systemic character. Chitosan cause no damage to the plant whatsoever.

Chitosan inhibits the reproduction of pathogens. Once applied either via foliar spray or through watering, it provides plant protection against fungal infection by rapid expression of a number of defense responses, including forming structural barriers at sites of attempted fungal attacks.
It also protects against insect attack by activating genes which produce protease inhibitors.
Lastly, chitosan stimulates the plants hormones responsible for root formation,stem growth, fruit formation and development.
In addition to promoting growth and protecting against attacks, using chitosan in a garden can help to improve the beneficial microbial activity of a growing medium.
This increase in microbial activity helps in conversion of nutrients to bio-available form. Chitosan improves the root system, allowing plants to absorb more nutrients from a medium.
We expect
Chitosan to become one of the top plant health and yield products as awareness of its value grows.

Salicylic Acid

The next additive in the this new class of Natural Plant Defenders is Salicylic Acid.
This specific plant molecule has two major functions. In the first it acts as a promoter letting the entire plant know (through the use of intercellular mechanisms) that pathogens are near.
The second way in which Salicylic Acid works is as an activator. It actually heightens the alarm signal a plant experiences. In plants, Salicylic Acid serves the function of ringing the alarm bell when a pathogenic organism begins to invade plant tissues.
A whole web of immunity-enhancing processes unfold after the plants are exposed to Salicylic Acid - when that initial alarm is rung.
A whole range of proteins and enzymes become activated as soon as Salicylic Acid is released and absorbed into plant cells.
Salicylic Acid also promotes DNA-binding proteins that initiate new protein synthesis.

Harpin Protein

The final additive we would like to discuss is the Harpin protein. Harpin, like the other SAR products on this handout,
acts by eliciting a complex natural defense mechanism in plants, analogous to a broad spectrum immune
response in animals. Harpin simultaneously enhances a plant's own growth systems and natural defense mechanisms
to ward off attacks by insects, common diseases and plant stresses.

Unlike Salicylic Acid or Chitosan, Harpin uses a protein for its main mode of action. It can be safely used in a
synergistic way with both Salicylic Acid and Chitosan. Harpin is a naturally occurring bacterial protein present in a
number of species of plant pathogenic bacteria. The first harpin protein was isolated from the bacterium Erwinia
amylovora. To sum up Harpin’s benefits: Along with its plant inducing immune system response, Harpin accelerates
plant development. It increases root and shoot biomass, early flowering, early fruit set, early fruit maturation, and
increases fruit number.

B1 Thiamine

Strengthens plant immune systems so they better stand up to disease and stress.
B1 activates Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR)

Silicon

Silicon induces the SAR response and enables suberization (cork development in cell walls).

Using Chitosan and Salicylic Acid Together

Compared to Salicylic Acid, Chitosan is slower and less effective at inducing plant cell immunity; in combination
with a well formulated Salicylic Acid solution, chitosan has compounded effects as Salicylic Acid amplifies the
“alarm” triggered by the chitosan. The most powerful products always use both of these ingredients. Scorpion juice,
from Advanced Nutrients, is an example of a product that contains both Salicylic Acid and Chitosan. These two
additives were made for eachother: Chitosan backs up the Salicylic Acid solution in perfect harmony, while it feeds
reduced carbon and nitrogen to symbiotic microbes.

Ongoing scientific research suggests that using more than one method of activating SAR may employ all three of the plants transduction pathways and amplify the plant’s ability to resist pests and accelerate growth with reduced fertilizer and pesticide inputs.

http://www.greenhousegrower.com/cro...ed-resistance-helping-plants-help-themselves/
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...8a2flE-9oQD5qGvcYrSi28A&bvm=bv.57155469,d.cGU

What do you define as "help the plant"?
Stress never "helps the plant" but it redirects energy otherwise used for growth towards inducible defense mechanisms (i.e. secondary metabolite production like cannabinoids and terpenoids) and that may "help"
"Only Ornamental"

Attachments

• Induced resistance.pdf
    150.7 KB · Views: 166
  • InfoSheet-Chitosan.pdf
    189.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Mechanical Wounding.pdf
    289.1 KB · Views: 115
Funny :)

Funny :)

:woohoo::huggg::thank you:

So what do you think of my: Updated Plant Hormone Application Schedule
I sent it to you in a PM can you critique or give opinion on it at all.
Is there anything else that i could add to The List

Here it is If you haven't seen it already & I welcome other peoples opinions to. Peace.
.........................................................................................................................
My Plant Growth Hormone (PGH) & Plant Growth Stimulant (PGS) FEED SCHEDULE
This is a collection of data that Iv'e made over the past 6 months on what I thought would be useful to growing better Cannabis using Plant hormones & Plant Growth Stimulants.

Every 14 days for plant hormones.
.............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ....

Kelpak Auxin (IAA): 1st January then every 14 days until flower.
Switch to Nutri-Kelp Powder - Ascophyllum Nodosum Cytokinin until 2
weeks before harvest.
.............................. .............................. .............................. .....
Triacontanol w/v 2.5%: Use as foliar spray at 0.125 ml per 1.5
liter's of water every 6th day in veg & every 3rd day in flower
until harvest, safe on food crops until harvest.

Application Rates of Triacontanol:
.............................. ...............
8 ml per 100 L
4 ml per 50 L
2 ml per 25 L
1 ml per 12.5 L
0.75 ml per 9.375 L
0.5 ml per 6.25 L
0.25 ml per 3.125 L
0.125 ml per 1.5625 L
&
0.100 ml per 1 L

.............................. .............................. .............................. ........
(Semi-Synthetic Cytokinin) Kinetin (6-Furfurylaminopurine): Active
in the 1-10 PPM 0.8 PPM kinetin range. Best suited to be used on
seedlings & younger plants during the first month of vegetative
growth, where 6-Benzylaminopurine is better suited for applications
during later stages of growth and flowering / fruiting.
May interfere with femaleness in diecious plants?
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. .....
Kelpak Auxin (IAA): 6th January then every 14 days until flower.
Switch to Nutri-Kelp Powder - Ascophyllum nodosum Cytokinin until 2
weeks before harvest.

.............................. .............................. .............................. ......................
Brassinolide @ 0.15% Purity (BL): Use all through vegetative period
every 14 to 21 days & (1) or (2) times in flowering period (1st)
application: Flower Initiation & then (2nd) application at the 4th
week of flowering at application rates of 0.1 PPM to 0.15 PPM,
depending on how much stretch you want. Another application rate is
adding 0.1 grams of 0.15% Brassinolide to 2 liter's of water, achieving a 0.075 PPM.
Works with Auxin (IAA).
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. .......................
Harpin Alpha Beta Protein (Halo): Mixg HALO in water at a dilution
rate of 10 ml per liter of water and apply with a sprayer. A
HALO 2.5 g soluble sachet will give maximum benefit when mixed with
500 ml of water. Mixed in 1 liter of water it will be less
concentrated but still offer great results. In general apply at the
start of flower & every 2 weeks through flower and once during the
last week. Apply twice in veg in dilute amounts, quarter to half strength.
Harpin protein stimulates Jasmonic acid. Activates (SAR), systemic acquired resistance, in plants. Edible crops can be sprayed right
up to the day of harvest.
Synergism with Chitosan. & (Salicylic Acid, Not needed).
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ..........
Chitosan Oligosaccharide (Poly-(D)glucosamine): Used as foliar spray at 100 ppm in flower
from week 2 through to week 4. Like Methyl Jasmonate but weaker in producing SAR effect & less terpene stimulation or a different stimulation but is a fact that methyl jasmonate increases limonene in Cannabis & decreases others like Pinene.
Side note:
"1 Gram goes very far, 3 years potentially, use in homeopathic
doses."
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. ..........................
(Synthetic Cytokinin) 6-Benzylaminopurine (6-BAP): Used as a foliar
Spray at rates of 0.1 g to 0.3 g per 1 liter of water to achieve 100 to 300 PPM. Use at
week 2 to end of week 4 of flowering along side Nutri-Kelp Powder -
Ascophyllum Nodosum Cytokinin.
6-BAP will stop all natural upward growth & concentrate on
flowering when used in doses of 300 or greater. Use 150 PPM until
the end of week 4 to avoid loss of upward growth, at the end of
week 4 use 300 to 500 PPM to fully utilize 6-BAP.
Can be used with Methyl Jasmonate (MeJa)
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. ..............
Methyl Jasmonate (MeJa): 6th week to 8th week (depending on strain)
of flower after all bud has formed, as to not lose any bud mass.
Apply (MeJa) potentially three weeks before harvest.
1 mg per liter = 5 ug / PPM? concentration. Mix 1mg with ethanol
before adding it to water.
Requires refrigeration.
Dipping seeds in jasmonic acid will kick-start a plant's natural defenses against pests.
Will increase smell in most cases (Strain Dependent) especially to plants already with a high limonene terpene profile.
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. .........
Gibberellin (GA-3): Use Gibberellin with Methyl Jasmonate 6th week
to 8th week (depending on strain) of flower after all bud has
formed, as to not cause any stretch before harvest. Apply (MeJa/GA-3) potentially three weeks before harvest.

Gibberellin PPM Guide. ?
How much to apply? with (MeJa)........?.........?..... ..........
PPM 50 - GA mg 125 Water 2400 ml Purpose = early flower
PPM 200 - GA mg 125 Water 600 ml Purpose = early flower
PPM 800 - GA mg 125 Water 160 ml Purpose = blossom set
PPM 2000 - GA mg 125 Water 60 ml Purpose = Seed germ
1%paste - GA mg 125 Water 5 ml Purpose = growth promoter
Gibberellin and jasmonic acid together will have a synergistic effect on both trichome number and density, Jasmonic acid is also responsible for increasing THC within the trichome.
GA-3 increases the size of the trichome/resin glands allowing (MeJa)
to increases THC other cannabinoids & terpenes within them.
NEW.

A Question:
Pretext: Gibberellin's have to be used in such small/micro amounts that I am
having trouble determining how much to use for increasing the size
of the trichome/resin glands in conjunction with (MeJa) Methyl
Jasmonate to increase potentially the amount of THC other Cannabinoids & Terpenes,
Question: Has anybody figured out a safe amount/PPM of Gibberellin to use in late flowering and when I mean safe I mean without undesired stretch & mutations?

.............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ....
Sodium Nitrophenolate (Atonik): Apply at 6 day intervals from
early veg till 6th to 9th week of flowering (depending on strain)
Use 100-500 ppm, equivalent to the amount of 0.1-0.5 grams per liter.
Like Triacontanol.
Instead of signaling direct tissue growth effects as with more common PGS’s (Plant growth stimulants) ie. Triacontanol, nitro’s stimulate the production of important plant chemical antioxidants.
Nitro’s are fertilizer synergists, that can increase the absorption of the nutrients while balancing any antagonism between fertilizers. Feed through the root system to stimulates root growth.
Atonik is water soluble.
(1000 ppm Atonik?) Used on tomatoes with favorable results.
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ...
.............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ...
Brassinolide (BL) & 6-Benzylaminopurine (6-BAP) For Vegetative Growth.

".01 ppm Brassinolide and 50 ppm 6-BAP showed healthy rapid growth in comparison to untreated plants Brassinolide .01 ppm on its own had no noticeable effects same with 50 ppm 6-BAP. A concentration of 0.1 ppm Brassinolide caused the leaves to curl and growth to slow in comparison to the control. 500 ppm 6-BAP caused extreme mutation of the leaves and a complete halt in upward growth resulting in a small bush like thing with more leaves then I can count. 100 ppm 6-BAP caused a perfect topping effect at every node of the plant without slowing upward growth noticeable resulting in a tall bushy plant, pretty much an instant mother for taking more clones off of.
Foliar feed young plants in there first month with .01 ppm
Brassinolide and 50 ppm 6-BAP; combined for some incredible growth."

"Another big bonus. If you spray MJ with 300 ppm of Brassinolide at
the end of the (4th week to 7th week depending on strain) of
flowing; there is a dramatic increase in bud growth. Combined with
the earlier spraying of Brassinolide in veg, the end result is
outstanding in terms of quality and yield."
.............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ....

Quote:
..The plant can achieve what it could of done in a shorter amount of time.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
good read...b1 has never made any difference in my gardens... I don't use it unless it happens to be in something I buy already yeehaw..

shaggyballs

Veteran
Hey Shaggy,
What's with ISR, jasmonate, and the jasmonic acid-chitosan synergism? :D

I don't think I made that statement (could be wrong)
I looked at my notes, all I could find was:

Elicitation of plant cells with Chitosan and MJ exhibits very significant induction of paclitaxel only in the presence of MJ as co-mediator.

It seems clear that they work better together.

Maybe you can put this explanation in a form where it is easily understood?
I myself do not fully understand this synergism.

Methyl jasmonate is often found to be synergistic with ethylene.
It is also suggested that Triacontanol has a synergism with MJ.

Thanks to Kygiacomo for the vids below:

[YOUTUBEIF]asNrkFYg5kA[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]pKJHTNY-j38[/YOUTUBEIF]

More homework..Dam!
shag

Hey Shaggy,
What's with ISR, jasmonate, and the jasmonic acid-chitosan synergism? :D

Glad you are finally interested in RNA's.
I am using JA (among other things), which should have the opposite effect of hydroxyl.
Nature already got it perfect, so I don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Last edited:

Ranger

why complicate it so much and just use kelp tea or alfalfa tea for your hormones? re inventing the wheel indeed.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Something to ponder.

Jasmonic acid (JA) and methyl jasmonate (MeJA), collectively known as JAs, regulate diverse physiological processes in plants, including the response to wounding. Recent reports suggest that a cyclopentenone precursor of JA, 12-oxo-phytodienoic acid (OPDA), can also induce gene expression. However, little is known about the physiological significance of OPDA-dependent gene expression. We used microarray analysis of approximately 21,500 Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) genes to compare responses to JA, MeJA, and OPDA treatment. Although many genes responded identically to both OPDA and JAs, we identified a set of genes (OPDA-specific response genes [ORGs]) that specifically responded to OPDA but not to JAs. ORGs primarily encoded signaling components, transcription factors, and stress response-related genes. One-half of the ORGs were induced by wounding. Analysis using mutants deficient in the biosynthesis of JAs revealed that OPDA functions as a signaling molecule in the wounding response. Unlike signaling via JAs, OPDA signaling was CORONATINE INSENSITIVE 1 independent. These results indicate that an OPDA signaling pathway functions independently of JA/MeJA signaling and is required for the wounding response in Arabidopsis.

Full text below
shag

Attachments

• Plant Physiol.-2005-Taki-1268-83.pdf
    560.6 KB · Views: 139

shaggyballs

Veteran
It's very impressive how much you know, but do you know how to grow plants? This is something to ponder:

You can never improve on that, what you should do is copy it.

You be the judge my friend.
P1090875.jpg

I used no paclo or other gibberellin inhibitor.
Nice and full of resin, compliments to BOG seeds, it was sour grape, clone only, smell and taste just like sour grape(rare), dry sift also smelled strong.
shag

:woohoo::huggg::thank you:

So what do you think of my: Updated Plant Hormone Application Schedule
I sent it to you in a PM can you critique or give opinion on it at all.
Is there anything else that i could add to The List

Here it is If you haven't seen it already & I welcome other peoples opinions to. Peace.
.........................................................................................................................
My Plant Growth Hormone (PGH) & Plant Growth Stimulant (PGS) FEED SCHEDULE
This is a collection of data that Iv'e made over the past 6 months on what I thought would be useful to growing better Cannabis using Plant hormones & Plant Growth Stimulants.

Every 14 days for plant hormones.
.............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ....

Kelpak Auxin (IAA): 1st January then every 14 days until flower.
Switch to Nutri-Kelp Powder - Ascophyllum Nodosum Cytokinin until 2
weeks before harvest.
Triacontanol w/v 2.5%: Use as foliar spray at 0.125 ml per 1.5
liter's of water every 6th day in veg & every 3rd day in flower
until harvest, safe on food crops until harvest.

Application Rates of Triacontanol:
.............................. ...............
8 ml per 100 L
4 ml per 50 L
2 ml per 25 L
1 ml per 12.5 L
0.75 ml per 9.375 L
0.5 ml per 6.25 L
0.25 ml per 3.125 L
0.125 ml per 1.5625 L
&
0.100 ml per 1 L

.............................. .............................. .............................. ........
(Semi-Synthetic Cytokinin) Kinetin (6-Furfurylaminopurine): Active
in the 1-10 PPM 0.8 PPM kinetin range. Best suited to be used on
seedlings & younger plants during the first month of vegetative
growth, where 6-Benzylaminopurine is better suited for applications
during later stages of growth and flowering / fruiting.
May interfere with femaleness in diecious plants?
NEW.

Kelpak Auxin (IAA): 6th January then every 14 days until flower.
Switch to Nutri-Kelp Powder - Ascophyllum nodosum Cytokinin until 2
weeks before harvest.

.............................. .............................. .............................. ......................
Brassinolide @ 0.15% Purity (BL): Use all through vegetative period
every 14 to 21 days & (1) or (2) times in flowering period (1st)
application: Flower Initiation & then (2nd) application at the 4th
week of flowering at application rates of 0.1 PPM to 0.15 PPM,
depending on how much stretch you want. Another application rate is
adding 0.1 grams of 0.15% Brassinolide to 2 liter's of water, achieving a 0.075 PPM.
Works with Auxin (IAA).
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. .......................
Harpin Alpha Beta Protein (Halo): Mixg HALO in water at a dilution
rate of 10 ml per liter of water and apply with a sprayer. A
HALO 2.5 g soluble sachet will give maximum benefit when mixed with
500 ml of water. Mixed in 1 liter of water it will be less
concentrated but still offer great results. In general apply at the
start of flower & every 2 weeks through flower and once during the
last week. Apply twice in veg in dilute amounts, quarter to half strength.
Harpin protein stimulates Jasmonic acid. Activates (SAR), systemic acquired resistance, in plants. Edible crops can be sprayed right
up to the day of harvest.
Synergism with Chitosan. & (Salicylic Acid, Not needed).
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ..........
Chitosan Oligosaccharide (Poly-(D)glucosamine): Used as foliar spray at 100 ppm in flower
from week 2 through to week 4. Like Methyl Jasmonate but weaker in producing SAR effect & less terpene stimulation or a different stimulation but is a fact that methyl jasmonate increases limonene in Cannabis & decreases others like Pinene.
Side note:
"1 Gram goes very far, 3 years potentially, use in homeopathic
doses."
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. ..........................
(Synthetic Cytokinin) 6-Benzylaminopurine (6-BAP): Used as a foliar
Spray at rates of 0.1 g to 0.3 g per 1 liter of water to achieve 100 to 300 PPM. Use at
week 2 to end of week 4 of flowering along side Nutri-Kelp Powder -
Ascophyllum Nodosum Cytokinin.
6-BAP will stop all natural upward growth & concentrate on
flowering when used in doses of 300 or greater. Use 150 PPM until
the end of week 4 to avoid loss of upward growth, at the end of
week 4 use 300 to 500 PPM to fully utilize 6-BAP.
Can be used with Methyl Jasmonate (MeJa)
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. ..............
Methyl Jasmonate (MeJa): 6th week to 8th week (depending on strain)
of flower after all bud has formed, as to not lose any bud mass.
Apply (MeJa) potentially three weeks before harvest.
1 mg per liter = 5 ug / PPM? concentration. Mix 1mg with ethanol
before adding it to water.
Requires refrigeration.
Dipping seeds in jasmonic acid will kick-start a plant's natural defenses against pests.
Will increase smell in most cases (Strain Dependent) especially to plants already with a high limonene terpene profile.
NEW.

.............................. .............................. .............................. .........
Gibberellin (GA-3): Use Gibberellin with Methyl Jasmonate 6th week
to 8th week (depending on strain) of flower after all bud has
formed, as to not cause any stretch before harvest. Apply (MeJa/GA-3) potentially three weeks before harvest.

Gibberellin PPM Guide. ?
How much to apply? with (MeJa)........?.........?..... ..........
PPM 50 - GA mg 125 Water 2400 ml Purpose = early flower
PPM 200 - GA mg 125 Water 600 ml Purpose = early flower
PPM 800 - GA mg 125 Water 160 ml Purpose = blossom set
PPM 2000 - GA mg 125 Water 60 ml Purpose = Seed germ
1%paste - GA mg 125 Water 5 ml Purpose = growth promoter
Gibberellin and jasmonic acid together will have a synergistic effect on both trichome number and density, Jasmonic acid is also responsible for increasing THC within the trichome.
GA-3 increases the size of the trichome/resin glands allowing (MeJa)
to increases THC other cannabinoids & terpenes within them.
NEW.

A Question:
Pretext: Gibberellin's have to be used in such small/micro amounts that I am
having trouble determining how much to use for increasing the size
of the trichome/resin glands in conjunction with (MeJa) Methyl
Jasmonate to increase potentially the amount of THC other Cannabinoids & Terpenes,
Question: Has anybody figured out a safe amount/PPM of Gibberellin to use in late flowering and when I mean safe I mean without undesired stretch & mutations?

Sodium Nitrophenolate (Atonik): Apply at 6 day intervals from
early veg till 6th to 9th week of flowering (depending on strain)
Use 100-500 ppm, equivalent to the amount of 0.1-0.5 grams per liter.
Like Triacontanol.
Instead of signaling direct tissue growth effects as with more common PGS’s (Plant growth stimulants) ie. Triacontanol, nitro’s stimulate the production of important plant chemical antioxidants.
Nitro’s are fertilizer synergists, that can increase the absorption of the nutrients while balancing any antagonism between fertilizers. Feed through the root system to stimulates root growth.
Atonik is water soluble.
(1000 ppm Atonik?) Used on tomatoes with favorable results.
NEW.

Brassinolide (BL) & 6-Benzylaminopurine (6-BAP) For Vegetative Growth.

".01 ppm Brassinolide and 50 ppm 6-BAP showed healthy rapid growth in comparison to untreated plants Brassinolide .01 ppm on its own had no noticeable effects same with 50 ppm 6-BAP. A concentration of 0.1 ppm Brassinolide caused the leaves to curl and growth to slow in comparison to the control. 500 ppm 6-BAP caused extreme mutation of the leaves and a complete halt in upward growth resulting in a small bush like thing with more leaves then I can count. 100 ppm 6-BAP caused a perfect topping effect at every node of the plant without slowing upward growth noticeable resulting in a tall bushy plant, pretty much an instant mother for taking more clones off of.
Foliar feed young plants in there first month with .01 ppm
Brassinolide and 50 ppm 6-BAP; combined for some incredible growth."

"Another big bonus. If you spray MJ with 300 ppm of Brassinolide at
the end of the (4th week to 7th week depending on strain) of
flowing; there is a dramatic increase in bud growth. Combined with
the earlier spraying of Brassinolide in veg, the end result is
outstanding in terms of quality and yield."

Quote:
..The plant can achieve what it could of done in a shorter amount of time.

Are you actually following this schedule? If so are there any particularly impactful applications, combinations, and/or timings?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Sorry plastochron
Ausi was just a hit and run, the info is bogus.
But you decide, i mean not to judge him, just think the numbers are off.
I wrote a hormone thread if you have interest, hell I think you can google my screen name and it comes up..Dunno? it is on ICmag, it is late, sorry!
Timing and % used is very hard to discuss.
One must really experiment, due to so many variables involved.
shag

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
great thread shaggy was happy to help share the vids thats why we are all here to help one another..i remember reading this a few months back and i had it saved in my sig before u did the update.thanks bro im all about inducing SAR..i just watched a youtube video on purple maxx and it suppose to have tricantonal & jasmonic acid in it..does anyone know how accurate that is?

Edit: also shaggy u should update the first post about advanced nutrients since scorpin juice is discontinued..i wish i could still find it!

Last edited:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Regalia
REGALIA® advanced biofungicides activate a plant’s natural defenses to protect against a variety of fungal and bacterial diseases, resulting in higher quality AND yields. REGALIA products are active against both soilborne and foliar pathogens, delay the development of resistance, and help minimize chemical residues. They can be used as stand-alone products or in combination with other fungicides to strengthen integrated pest management programs (IPM) and to help manage resistance in a wide range of organic and conventional crops, as well as in turf and ornamentals.
Complex and Unique Mode of Action

REGALIA biofungicides have a unique and complex mode of action, referred to as Induced Systemic Resistance (ISR), and carry a FRAC code of P5. ISR creates a defense response in the treated plants and stimulates additional biochemical pathways that strengthen the plant structure and act against the pathogen.

When applied to crops, REGALIA products activate ISR and induce the plants to produce specialized proteins and other compounds—phytoalexins, cell strengtheners, antioxidants, phenolics, and PR proteins—which are known to inhibit fungal and bacterial diseases and also improve plant health and vigor.
Key Benefits & Features:

Ideal tool to strengthen existing IPM and IRM programs …

Protection against a wide range of foliar and soil-borne pathogens
Improves overall plant health which can translate into a yield increase, enhanced root development, and plant vigor
Complex mode of action (ISR), Group P5
Mainstream performance

Helps simplify labor scheduling and avoids costly downtime …

4-hour REI
Minimal personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements

Can be used up to the day of harvest without concern for residues …

0-day PHI
MRL tolerance exemption

Convenient to use …

Easy-to-use liquid formulation
No spray buffer required

Provides maximum operational flexibility …

OMRI approved and NOP compliant
Approved for field and greenhouse applications
http://www.marronebioinnovations.com/products/brand/regalia/

vostok

Veteran
You be the judge my friend.View Image

I used no paclo or other gibberellin inhibitor.
Nice and full of resin, compliments to BOG seeds, it was sour grape, clone only, smell and taste just like sour grape(rare), dry sift also smelled strong.
shag
aspirin-for-primary-prevention-clopidogrel-meta-analysis.jpg

..Is this Aspirin for plant or for the grower ...?

Bongstar420

Induced Resistance

(1) There is a diverse array of signals that stimulate IR.

(2) IR is a sensitization process that primes the plant for
more rapid deployment of defenses.

(3) When integrated into good agricultural practices, IR
can both enhance plant productivity and resistance to
disease.

(4) Has energetic costs

Types of induced resistance

1. Local acquired resistance (LAR)
2. Systemic acquired resistance (SAR)
3. Systemic gene silencing (SGS)
4. Induced systemic resistance (ISR)
5. Systemic wounding response (SWR)

Systemic Acquired Resistance

Controlled by salicylic acid (SA)
Broad resistance
More durable
Relies on the plants endogenous defenses
Classically effective against biotrophic pathogens

Chitosan

Chitosan is a plant defense booster derived through the breaking down of chitin found in shellfish and mullosks.
In general Chitosan can help improve the efficiency of a nutrient or fertilizer.
Chitosan will increase the quantity, size and shelf life of a harvest product. Chitosan is also effective at providing insect and disease control.
The chitosan molecule triggers a defence response within the plant, leading to the formation of physical and chemical barriers against invading pathogens.
Chitosan possesses a high growth stimulating efficacy combined with antifungal and antibacterial activity of systemic character. Chitosan cause no damage to the plant whatsoever.

Chitosan inhibits the reproduction of pathogens. Once applied either via foliar spray or through watering, it provides plant protection against fungal infection by rapid expression of a number of defense responses, including forming structural barriers at sites of attempted fungal attacks.
It also protects against insect attack by activating genes which produce protease inhibitors.
Lastly, chitosan stimulates the plants hormones responsible for root formation,stem growth, fruit formation and development.
In addition to promoting growth and protecting against attacks, using chitosan in a garden can help to improve the beneficial microbial activity of a growing medium.
This increase in microbial activity helps in conversion of nutrients to bio-available form. Chitosan improves the root system, allowing plants to absorb more nutrients from a medium.
We expect
Chitosan to become one of the top plant health and yield products as awareness of its value grows.

Salicylic Acid

The next additive in the this new class of Natural Plant Defenders is Salicylic Acid.
This specific plant molecule has two major functions. In the first it acts as a promoter letting the entire plant know (through the use of intercellular mechanisms) that pathogens are near.
The second way in which Salicylic Acid works is as an activator. It actually heightens the alarm signal a plant experiences. In plants, Salicylic Acid serves the function of ringing the alarm bell when a pathogenic organism begins to invade plant tissues.
A whole web of immunity-enhancing processes unfold after the plants are exposed to Salicylic Acid - when that initial alarm is rung.
A whole range of proteins and enzymes become activated as soon as Salicylic Acid is released and absorbed into plant cells.
Salicylic Acid also promotes DNA-binding proteins that initiate new protein synthesis.

Harpin Protein

The final additive we would like to discuss is the Harpin protein. Harpin, like the other SAR products on this handout,
acts by eliciting a complex natural defense mechanism in plants, analogous to a broad spectrum immune
response in animals. Harpin simultaneously enhances a plant's own growth systems and natural defense mechanisms
to ward off attacks by insects, common diseases and plant stresses.

Unlike Salicylic Acid or Chitosan, Harpin uses a protein for its main mode of action. It can be safely used in a
synergistic way with both Salicylic Acid and Chitosan. Harpin is a naturally occurring bacterial protein present in a
number of species of plant pathogenic bacteria. The first harpin protein was isolated from the bacterium Erwinia
amylovora. To sum up Harpin’s benefits: Along with its plant inducing immune system response, Harpin accelerates
plant development. It increases root and shoot biomass, early flowering, early fruit set, early fruit maturation, and
increases fruit number.

B1 Thiamine

Strengthens plant immune systems so they better stand up to disease and stress.
B1 activates Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR)

Silicon

Silicon induces the SAR response and enables suberization (cork development in cell walls).

Using Chitosan and Salicylic Acid Together

Compared to Salicylic Acid, Chitosan is slower and less effective at inducing plant cell immunity; in combination
with a well formulated Salicylic Acid solution, chitosan has compounded effects as Salicylic Acid amplifies the
“alarm” triggered by the chitosan. The most powerful products always use both of these ingredients. Scorpion juice,
from Advanced Nutrients, is an example of a product that contains both Salicylic Acid and Chitosan. These two
additives were made for eachother: Chitosan backs up the Salicylic Acid solution in perfect harmony, while it feeds
reduced carbon and nitrogen to symbiotic microbes.

Ongoing scientific research suggests that using more than one method of activating SAR may employ all three of the plants transduction pathways and amplify the plant’s ability to resist pests and accelerate growth with reduced fertilizer and pesticide inputs.

http://www.greenhousegrower.com/cro...ed-resistance-helping-plants-help-themselves/
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CEcQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fclasses.plantpath.wsu.edu%2Fplp535%2FNavarre%2520WSU%2520SAR%2520Lecture%25202010.pdf&ei=mvqZUrCLKcfxoATJ_YKoAg&usg=AFQjCNGKn6D8a2flE-9oQD5qGvcYrSi28A&bvm=bv.57155469,d.cGU

What do you define as "help the plant"?
Stress never "helps the plant" but it redirects energy otherwise used for growth towards inducible defense mechanisms (i.e. secondary metabolite production like cannabinoids and terpenoids) and that may "help"
"Only Ornamental"

SA reduces trichrome density and terpene output. Chitosan alters the terpene profile for several weeks, but can be a magic note on some cuts. It probably increases spicyness in cuts with that potential (just noticed a spicy cut after a treatment; it wasn't spicy the first time with no chitosan).