No announcement yet.

Methods of inducing Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great thread shaggy was happy to help share the vids thats why we are all here to help one another..i remember reading this a few months back and i had it saved in my sig before u did the update.thanks bro im all about inducing SAR..i just watched a youtube video on purple maxx and it suppose to have tricantonal & jasmonic acid in it..does anyone know how accurate that is?

Edit: also shaggy u should update the first post about advanced nutrients since scorpin juice is discontinued..i wish i could still find it!
    Last edited by Kygiacomo!!!; 03-09-2015, 04:02.

Comment

Regalia
      REGALIA┬« advanced biofungicides activate a plant’s natural defenses to protect against a variety of fungal and bacterial diseases, resulting in higher quality AND yields. REGALIA products are active against both soilborne and foliar pathogens, delay the development of resistance, and help minimize chemical residues. They can be used as stand-alone products or in combination with other fungicides to strengthen integrated pest management programs (IPM) and to help manage resistance in a wide range of organic and conventional crops, as well as in turf and ornamentals.
      Complex and Unique Mode of Action

REGALIA biofungicides have a unique and complex mode of action, referred to as Induced Systemic Resistance (ISR), and carry a FRAC code of P5. ISR creates a defense response in the treated plants and stimulates additional biochemical pathways that strengthen the plant structure and act against the pathogen.

When applied to crops, REGALIA products activate ISR and induce the plants to produce specialized proteins and other compounds—phytoalexins, cell strengtheners, antioxidants, phenolics, and PR proteins—which are known to inhibit fungal and bacterial diseases and also improve plant health and vigor.
      Key Benefits & Features:

Ideal tool to strengthen existing IPM and IRM programs …

Protection against a wide range of foliar and soil-borne pathogens
      Improves overall plant health which can translate into a yield increase, enhanced root development, and plant vigor
      Complex mode of action (ISR), Group P5
      Mainstream performance

Helps simplify labor scheduling and avoids costly downtime …

4-hour REI
      Minimal personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements

Can be used up to the day of harvest without concern for residues …

0-day PHI
      MRL tolerance exemption

Convenient to use …

Easy-to-use liquid formulation
      No spray buffer required

Provides maximum operational flexibility …

OMRI approved and NOP compliant
      Approved for field and greenhouse applications
      http://www.marronebioinnovations.com...brand/regalia/

Comment

Originally posted by shaggyballs View Post
        You be the judge my friend.View Image

I used no paclo or other gibberellin inhibitor.
        Nice and full of resin, compliments to BOG seeds, it was sour grape, clone only, smell and taste just like sour grape(rare), dry sift also smelled strong.
        shag

..Is this Aspirin for plant or for the grower ...?

Comment

Originally posted by shaggyballs View Post
          Induced Resistance

(1) There is a diverse array of signals that stimulate IR.

(2) IR is a sensitization process that primes the plant for
          more rapid deployment of defenses.

(3) When integrated into good agricultural practices, IR
          can both enhance plant productivity and resistance to
          disease.

(4) Has energetic costs

Types of induced resistance

1. Local acquired resistance (LAR)
          2. Systemic acquired resistance (SAR)
          3. Systemic gene silencing (SGS)
          4. Induced systemic resistance (ISR)
          5. Systemic wounding response (SWR)

Systemic Acquired Resistance

Controlled by salicylic acid (SA)
          Broad resistance
          More durable
          Relies on the plants endogenous defenses
          Classically effective against biotrophic pathogens

Chitosan

Chitosan is a plant defense booster derived through the breaking down of chitin found in shellfish and mullosks.
          In general Chitosan can help improve the efficiency of a nutrient or fertilizer.
          Chitosan will increase the quantity, size and shelf life of a harvest product. Chitosan is also effective at providing insect and disease control.
          The chitosan molecule triggers a defence response within the plant, leading to the formation of physical and chemical barriers against invading pathogens.
          Chitosan possesses a high growth stimulating efficacy combined with antifungal and antibacterial activity of systemic character. Chitosan cause no damage to the plant whatsoever.

Chitosan inhibits the reproduction of pathogens. Once applied either via foliar spray or through watering, it provides plant protection against fungal infection by rapid expression of a number of defense responses, including forming structural barriers at sites of attempted fungal attacks.
          It also protects against insect attack by activating genes which produce protease inhibitors.
          Lastly, chitosan stimulates the plants hormones responsible for root formation,stem growth, fruit formation and development.
          In addition to promoting growth and protecting against attacks, using chitosan in a garden can help to improve the beneficial microbial activity of a growing medium.
          This increase in microbial activity helps in conversion of nutrients to bio-available form. Chitosan improves the root system, allowing plants to absorb more nutrients from a medium.
          We expect
          Chitosan to become one of the top plant health and yield products as awareness of its value grows.

Salicylic Acid

The next additive in the this new class of Natural Plant Defenders is Salicylic Acid.
          This specific plant molecule has two major functions. In the first it acts as a promoter letting the entire plant know (through the use of intercellular mechanisms) that pathogens are near.
          The second way in which Salicylic Acid works is as an activator. It actually heightens the alarm signal a plant experiences. In plants, Salicylic Acid serves the function of ringing the alarm bell when a pathogenic organism begins to invade plant tissues.
          A whole web of immunity-enhancing processes unfold after the plants are exposed to Salicylic Acid - when that initial alarm is rung.
          A whole range of proteins and enzymes become activated as soon as Salicylic Acid is released and absorbed into plant cells.
          Salicylic Acid also promotes DNA-binding proteins that initiate new protein synthesis.

Harpin Protein

The final additive we would like to discuss is the Harpin protein. Harpin, like the other SAR products on this handout,
          acts by eliciting a complex natural defense mechanism in plants, analogous to a broad spectrum immune
          response in animals. Harpin simultaneously enhances a plant's own growth systems and natural defense mechanisms
          to ward off attacks by insects, common diseases and plant stresses.

Unlike Salicylic Acid or Chitosan, Harpin uses a protein for its main mode of action. It can be safely used in a
          synergistic way with both Salicylic Acid and Chitosan. Harpin is a naturally occurring bacterial protein present in a
          number of species of plant pathogenic bacteria. The first harpin protein was isolated from the bacterium Erwinia
          amylovora. To sum up Harpin’s benefits: Along with its plant inducing immune system response, Harpin accelerates
          plant development. It increases root and shoot biomass, early flowering, early fruit set, early fruit maturation, and
          increases fruit number.

B1 Thiamine

Strengthens plant immune systems so they better stand up to disease and stress.
          B1 activates Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR)

Silicon

Silicon induces the SAR response and enables suberization (cork development in cell walls).

Using Chitosan and Salicylic Acid Together

Compared to Salicylic Acid, Chitosan is slower and less effective at inducing plant cell immunity; in combination
          with a well formulated Salicylic Acid solution, chitosan has compounded effects as Salicylic Acid amplifies the
          “alarm” triggered by the chitosan. The most powerful products always use both of these ingredients. Scorpion juice,
          from Advanced Nutrients, is an example of a product that contains both Salicylic Acid and Chitosan. These two
          additives were made for eachother: Chitosan backs up the Salicylic Acid solution in perfect harmony, while it feeds
          reduced carbon and nitrogen to symbiotic microbes.

Ongoing scientific research suggests that using more than one method of activating SAR may employ all three of the plants transduction pathways and amplify the plant’s ability to resist pests and accelerate growth with reduced fertilizer and pesticide inputs.

http://www.greenhousegrower.com/crop...lp-themselves/
          https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...57155469,d.cGU

What do you define as "help the plant"?
          Stress never "helps the plant" but it redirects energy otherwise used for growth towards inducible defense mechanisms (i.e. secondary metabolite production like cannabinoids and terpenoids) and that may "help"
          "Only Ornamental"

SA reduces trichrome density and terpene output. Chitosan alters the terpene profile for several weeks, but can be a magic note on some cuts. It probably increases spicyness in cuts with that potential (just noticed a spicy cut after a treatment; it wasn't spicy the first time with no chitosan).

Comment

Lets not forget good old milk.

Comment

Salicylic acid, salicylic acid, salicylic acid

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaBear View Post
                Lets not forget good old milk.
                Could you post a reference or some scientific proof for this?
                Not saying it doesn't help against some diseases, I just don't think or don't know yet that it does so by inducing LAR/ISR.
                Originally posted by Redrum92 View Post
                Salicylic acid, salicylic acid, salicylic acid
                Wrong, plain wrong! SA induces SAR (systemic acquired resistance), not ISR (induced systemic resistance). That's like comparing inflammation with allergy.
                Growing only for ornamental reasons and because...
                The hemp seed hub: A thread for those who seek seeds and info on hemp, click HERE

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!
                sigpic

Brainer on Retainer
                : Why not rent a brain by the hour?
                OO now on time-sharing

Comment

Ahhh, milk....specifically "raw milk", an interesting and grossly misunderstood liquid.

Raw Milk (unpasteurized without additives) has protein (amino acids), bacteria, vitamins, trace elements, salts, and of course fat and lots of water.

This particular research is very informative--http://www.researchgate.net/profile/...a7cb2afb7f.pdf But unfortunately it is in a "no-print" format, so it truly is a "read only" document.

The study concluded:
                  "Cow milk may have more than one mode of action in controlling zucchini squash powdery mildew. Fresh milk may have a direct effect against S. fuliginea due to its germicidal properties (Salle, 1954). Milk contains several salts and amino-acids (Martins Filho, 1987). These substances have been shown to be effective in controlling powdery mildew and other diseases (Reuveni et al, 1993/1995; Mucharromah and Kuc, 1991; Titone et al, 1997; Pasini et al, 1997). Several authors have shown that sodium bicarbonate, oxalate, dibasic or tribasic potassium phosphate, and other salts and amino-acids have been efficient in the induction of systemic resistance (Reuveni et al, 1993/1995; Mucharromah and Kuc, 1991; Titone et al, 1997; Pasini et al, 1997; van Andel, 1966). Therefore milk may also indirectly affect S. fuliginea by inducing systemic resistance."

BTW, one of the best foods for bacteria (growing medium) is....Raw Milk. Funny thing...and at around $4/half gallon (skim variety)--it is super affordable!

Found it...here is the link to a "non-protected" text version of that study. http://www.agrar.de/agenda/bettiol.htm
                  Last edited by EclipseFour20; 07-15-2015, 12:00. Reason: Added link to a "non-protected" version of the study
                  Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. (Mae West)

Nobody has a monopoly on good ideas! Nobody! (Kevin O'Leary)

The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know. (Socrates)

Somebody who agrees with me 80 percent of the time is a friend and ally, not a 20 percent traitor. (Reagan)

Why are women are so uptight? They've got half the money and all the pussy. (DC Cab, 1983)

If you think you know everything; you know nothing. If you think you know nothing; you know something. (Jayce O'Neal)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Only Ornamental View Post
                    Could you post a reference or some scientific proof for this?
                    Die Milch machts

RNA_activation

RNA_interference

Messenger_RNA

Comment

Lets talk more about this subject.

Comment

Anyone want to increase your trichomes.
                        5 years and no response.

You see I wish to talk about growing cannabis.....it is ICMAG that does not...LOL

Comment

Great post shaggy! These are great methods for overall plant health and development. Let's keep it going!

Comment

Why not coax the plant into producing its own juices? The "additive" approach is counter to the defense philosophy itself. Defended plants, not defensive plants. It's like wimps with body guards

Comment

RyanR asked me a question I didn't know. What is a good dose of salicylic acid to induce SAR? It is a one-time addition, or low amounts over a long period of time? At what point is it diminishing returns or reducing flower yield?
                              "The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
                              http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X