What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The facts about CO2 ppm: don't use 1,500!

MediLove

CO2 too high at night?

CO2 too high at night?

Hi and thanks for the great post! I am working on a green house system with CO2 enrichment. I am using a ventless propane heater at night to keep it warm. During the day I can monitor my co2 levels to 1000-1100 but at night when the heater is on my levels get too high around 2200-3000. Is this a major consern. Should I vent some fresh air every few hours. Any advise? Thanks

the gnome

Veteran
your propane heater is definitely adding Co2 to the mix
also @lites out the plants start dumping out their excess of unused Co2.
I peak @1900 ppms during the dump, 3000 is pretty hi.
are the plants doing ok?
the excess Co2 will get taken up when the lites are back on,
unless your seeing plant probs I'd think you'd be fine.
but!
it's hi for us humans, watch out if your in there when it's so hi,
I start feeling tired and get headaches if I'm in there working for a few hours above 1500
a 20 minute break and I feel like a new man :)

MediLove

Thanks for the help, I dont have plants in there yet. Trying to get it all honed in before I put the girls in there. Thanks I will try to vent a bit to keep the levels down. It is not a completely sealed space.

MediLove

Have another question about temp when maintaining high CO2 levels. Is day time temp of 90 to 95 really ok? What about night time temp. What is best? Thanks

Mrrite008

Have another question about temp when maintaining high CO2 levels. Is day time temp of 90 to 95 really ok? What about night time temp. What is best? Thanks

If explosive growth is what you want, run your room at 85 with an RH of 75% (VPD) + CO2. Keep your Temp and RH as close to these #'s as possible during lights off. Maintain a proper VPD during lights off regardless. Proper airflow both above and below the canopy is important!

johnyXXX

Hi guys,
what you write here is really awesome. So I did some change for my girls, but I have some problem.
I had used temperatur 93°F, humidity about 60% and co2 1500ppm and everything was ok. But now when I tried to maintain lower temperatur I cant get under 86°F with turn on humidifier, without them humidity go really high. I have everything right, girls are in basement, colder place in the house, lights are in tubes (box 240*120cm, 2*600w and 2*400mh3 for tubes, 2 for safety reason, in box 1000mh3 out and 500mh3 in). Acording to my calculation everythink is oversize and there is still quiete hit. And from basemnet blow one 3000mh3.
How do you get so low temperatur? Do I have weak fans for the lights? Dp you have any advice?

epicseeds

Bringing this thread back to life! Just read it all, thanks so much spurr. It's a shame he has been banned and can't find him anywhere else.

epicseeds

Still no activity?

Any consensus on when to cut C02 during flush from a scientific standpoint? Or just let her stay at ~1100 to the very end?

Not looking for antidotal evidence - Spurr was great at leaving sources :(

Vandenberg

420giveaway
Useful information

Useful information

~1,100 ppm~ is a good thing.
Accurate and affordable adjustable CO2 monitor controllers have recently became available (under $250 USD).
It deadzones my Autopilot burner set-up.between 1050 and 1250 ppm
Bump

Vandenberg :) :plant grow:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts