Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all, not much time here but i wanted to mention a couple things. i wouldnt like this forum to dilute or detract from any of the existing growers forums. i mostly agree with microbeman's post - in many ways the organic forum is a good model for what could happen here in the botany/advanced science forum in the sense that the scientific side of organics and microbes is firmly entrenched over there and is now highly respected by all.

if we can do the same thing over here and build a resource about botany/plant behavior and how it can be applied to our grows and growing environments then that could be a great resource. sorry it's first thing in the morning here and im possibly not explaining it very well.
    later - and thanks again to all

VG
    My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
    -----
    To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFista View Post
      I support VG as a mod he's far saner than I will ever be.

Thanks for putting this forum here, you OFC guys think this is the right place for my plant biology notes? If so, please could someone review them for accuracy as they were part of a learning process - not a finshed article as such. And there's gaps to fill of course.

Also, want a bunch of char science?

An article kind of like

Water retention - reference

Crop increases - reference

Controlling pH - reference

etc. I'll just do it post by post breaking down the properties of char and the science supporting these.

I think we should be firm about references - anecdotal evidence and opinions only to support and discuss the underlying science - or this forum becomes yet another huge volume of anecdotal inaccuracies, old wives tales and meanderings.

Thoughts?
      Mr F, i think any contributions you can make on plant behavior, plant science and botany would be a great asset. any advanced plant subjects you feel are relevant to most growers would belong here, but if it is a subject that only relates to e.g. organic growing then imo it would be better off posted in the organic forum, char may fall into this category but you probably know that better than me.

VG
      My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
      -----
      To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
      Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

some more thoughts on how this might best work. remember im not in charge so these are just my suggestions

1. For those that are here mainly to learn then please read the whole thread before asking any questions - this will help avoid asking questions that have already been answered in the previous posts.

2. For those mainly here to contribute and discuss, please list all abbreviations clearly in the OP. when disagreements occur and persist, (and im sure they will ) please agree to differ before discussion and debate becomes argument and insult.

3. on anecdotal evidence and home experiments/findings - please be realistic about their limitations, for example if you use 4 different fertilizers in your soil, you cant really draw conclusions about the performance of any one of them without a lot of testing and side by sides. each grow will be different environmentally so recognize that these will all be factors that confuse any findings.

VG
        -----
        Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

It would be great if threads were required to cite references.

Comment

Originally posted by DIGITALHIPPY View Post
            that thread is a tradgety and does nothing but destroy yields, my boy just lost 1/3 yield lost nug size AND had to cut the price due to mis-following that thread.
            haha, thats exactly what my point in that thread was. I got sick of fighting with that dude. I got so much negative rep from warning people that, that technique is dangerous in the wrong hands and will destroy yields. I'm sorry your friend had a bad run, but glad to hear that news. I'm proud I stood my ground against all of the shit talking I experienced there.

I'm excited for this forum! great idea OP and Gypsy and any mods involved in the decision.
            sigpic

Simple tips to grow excellent cannabis
            Natural guttation on cannabis flowers

legal med patient/caregiver

“I wound up doing time for something I should have been rewarded for, What I did was a community service, the way I look at it. I was punished for political reasons. Absolutely meaningless. Was I a criminal? No. I was a good member of society. Only my society and the one making the laws are different.”- Owsley Stanley R.I.P

If you can heal the symptom, but not affect the cause, it's quite a bit like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

Comment

This might also be a great forum for peer review or rather, preview. Maybe someone could post a condensed how-to thread on proper technique in real world conditions for a side by side or any home based experiment. Advice could also be given on setting up new home based experiment.

If they are done correctly on all fronts and meet the icmag peer review they could get a sticky.... or a cardboard cookie. I realize the strife this could cause. Threads that don't make it could just go to their appropriate forum for discussion rather than a sub forum here.

Just a thought.

The more things are forbidden, the more popular they become.
              Mark Twain

Are you livin', or are you Dyin'?

Its just Horticulture and yes, you're on your way to becoming a plant dork.

Comment

i think that it is a great idea as well-and look foward to some interesting reading, and perhaps the occasional contribution.
                Depending on how things develop-it might be good to have an editor/editors to knock things into shape-take out the noise and the bullshit.
                yo

eddieS
                Dragon Stout lay about

Comment

Can't promise I'll be able to contribute right away, but I'm here to learn and take my knowledge to the next level.

Thank you for creating this forum.

Comment

Excellent addition to the International Cannagraphic Forums! Thanks guys!
                    I have been discriminated against and banned twice, without breaking any rules, from ICMAG for sharing links relating to discussion threads.

This is open discrimination over posting INFOWARS links due to manufactured lies in the media.

I will NO LONGER BE POSTING unless I GET SUPPORT.

If you find the research articles, past and recent news stories, statements, and discussions informative and beneficial please respond with your thoughts, support and questions. Also please send a PM to Gypsy Nirvana and let him know your thoughts.

I was recently warned this week by Gypsy Nirvana not to post links. Thanks for the Karma, but I am about to be banned again it looks like!

https://banned.video/channel/the-dav...id Knight Show
                    https://roundtablereport.com
                    https://banned.video
                    https://www.newswars.com/
                    https://www.infowars.com/

Deep State: Exposed Thread

Coronavirus.. outlook Thread

Comment

Well, what do we have here? Looks like we've got some readahs. Books ain't never taught me nothing!
                      @cannanerd

Comment

Just started reading this forum the other day. Thanks for putting it up here, I know that I will learn much, I just hope that maybe I can also contribute a little.
                        BE PART OF THE SOLUTION NOT THE PROBLEM GROW FOR FUN FAMILY AND FRIENDS NOT FOR PROFIT

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Ah this looks very nice, I look forward to delving in!

Comment

Originally posted by oldpink View Post
                              to discuss and promote advanced cannabis botany and advanced growing techniques
                              please try to keep discussions on a civil basis and backed up by either research or actual evidence you have gathered
                              from growing
                              not old wifes tales and urban legends theres enough of that about already

OP
                              Too bad the forum did not turn out as originally planned. Spurr and Mr Fista are rolling around in their pseudograves seeing all the pseudoscience from pseudoteachers which filled up the forum. Life, I guess. (my rant for 2017]
                              ****************************** *******************
                              Anybody can be wrong about anything.

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
                              What do you do, sir?"
                              "Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."

~John Maynard Keynes~
                              The thing which man is most sure of, is man's greatest mystery.....gravity. ~ tjw

Comment

Working...
                              X