What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fruit aroma hacked. No interest in hacking Skunk

​​​We know what makes fruit smelly.

https://academic.oup.com/jxb/article/61/4/1111/544660

But what about the plant known colloquially as Skunk?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210817_113612.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	17920634

Thiols are rarely quantified in fruit even though they contribute significantly. Terpene profiles have 1 use, helping identify other, useful compounds in the plant. Cannabis labs have no interest in Cannabis, only cannabis marketing. If we can identify the associations with <5 carbon thiols in Cannabis we have the tools to bring skunk back, without all the trial and error of "breederizing". You're not going to find skunk anytime soon, rubbing 2 random plants together that you heard came from Skunksville every 3 months and hoping for the best.

The world really wants skunk back. Lots of talk about it. Lots of talk. Do we need to start calling out the flakes? Show me a photo of their strains, I'll tell you why not to waste time on ANY of these current "breederizers" who can't even grow. Bunch of fucking scam artists.

​​​​

Last edited:

Cuddles

Skunk was one of the strains we used to smoke back at college... :) I´d love to grow some should I ever get to move house etc ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts