What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED issues?¡?

pychek

I’m from the old school way of thought...HID power pumping, phos loading and not to great with computers. I’m working on changing my ways and I’ve hit a wall, can someone help a dinosaur? I got some of those full spectrum LED (Bava) panels from AliExpress and I’m dealing with light stress, leaves curling up, not happy. I slowly ramped the power up however when I switched to flowering they seem to be unhappy again. What is happening inside the plant that is causing such stress?...are they starving for more of a certain macro/micro or what? Anything to is greatly appreciated.

pychek

I’ll get together pics but how much of an increase in cal/mag would you recommend and as far heat increase is it a 10% increase? If I maintain a lights on temp of 78F with no more than a 10 degree drop in lights off what would be an ideal temp increase under LED’s?
Also, I want to thank all of you for the abrupt assistance with this pursuit of being efficient.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
If you are trying not to change your feed much from the HID days, then 2-3c increase in air temperature should give a similar leaf temperature. It's not really the angle to come at things from though. Leaves like to be about 28c. As they keep cool loosing moisture (which you want as open pores are breathing pores) Then you might want to look around 30c. Variations in plants make that +/- 2c typically.
I have just been knocking on the door of 32c thinking I must avoid 34c as my HID days showed me that starts to have a negative impact on many genetics. They just bounded along at full steam though. No slowing. Though I had to lower the EC 30% to let them drink more.

Hydro?

we are all learning again. At least I am.

Most never learnt in the first place. Theyll struggle their entire lives. All the cannabis grow books are a joke. All the forums are Instagram clones. All the dogma is paper thin and backed by "if it ain't broke don't fix it" logic. All the suppliers and breeders are total goofs relying on luck and nonchange. There's no where to learn about growing pot anymore,only places to praise illusion and luck.
​​​​​​
Plants don't need water, they need nutrients. How do plants get nutrients?.Massflow. Diffusion. Interception. All this should be in chapter one of every grow book. Growers of the most expensive crop on earth should be on top of this day one stuff. Instead of praying to moon gods and other stereotypical nonsense.

Canna growers talk all this big talk about saving the planet, influencing the world, making change.. None of them are doing it. LED has been out a decade and people are still having to figure it out

While most growers are trying to figure out which fruit juice is going to mask the flavor of their neem oil, or which candy bar to name their next blue dream cross, Monsanto is growing crops without water. I guess Monsanto bad, candy bar marketing good, though.. Gotta love it.

Dr Bombay

Hi, I am new to growing. One of the things l observed in my one grow is that my plants responded similarly to yours under 360 watts of LED@30" hang. The leaf tips also yellowed and some bleached. My light is 480 watts(bar style). I bought it based on my belief that so much PAR is required. I don't think you need that many watts of LED light perhaps as a small 4x4 grower. Maybe last couple of weeks of flower. This conclusion could be due to my experience level though. Current grow is great(for me) under lower light. The previously mentioned thread is gold!

Best of luck with your grow!

Cheers