Electroculture - The return of physics to agriculture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electroculture - The return of physics to agriculture

Electricity may be the ultimate ripening nutrient. Just a thought. I think that applying electricity to water (highly conductive) is more efficient than putting electrodes in the soil.
    February 10, 2017

Peter de Jaeger

Photo: Plant-e

Plants can also grow without light, is the belief of David Strik. The Wageningen environmental technologist has been awarded a grant to prove that plants need electricity.

Electrosynthesis could become of great significance for world food production. Photo: Plant-eGrowing plants without light, but with electricity. That is David Strik's aim. He received an Open Mind grant from the Foundation for Technical Sciences for this idea. 'You can use it to produce food anywhere, without agricultural land,' says Strik, who uses the grant, worth 50,000 euros, to prove that it is possible with co-inventor and student Mathijs van der Zwart.

Plants use sunlight to grow, but you can replace light as an energy source with electricity, the inventors thought. Photosynthesis then becomes electrosynthesis.

The system runs like electrolysis: with an anode and a cathode. After energy is added to the anode, released electrons flow to the cathode, which contains bacteria or other organisms. With those electrons as an energy source, the bacteria grow, which will produce all kinds of substances. 'We have already succeeded with bacteria that make acetic acid,' says Strik. 'We hope to do the same now with algae and later with seaweed, which can deliver high-quality products. It always has to be in an aqueous environment to allow the electrons to flow.'

Nature already adds electricity to rainwater through lightning, which is possibly why it makes it better than any other kind of water for plant growth.

I had this idea 30 years ago.
    My Grow Setup 2;
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=370402

Originally posted by MOneYMiKe
    But my freedom doesn’t end where your fears begin
    Originally posted by Gypsy Nirvana
    - Can't we all just get a bong?
    Originally posted by flylowgethigh

Ya'll free to do what you want, except force your fears onto me.

Comment

I grew a bud with a mix of photons and electrons. It was outstanding beside the many controls. Not using any light at all is a step though.

50,000 Euros? I got a teenth lol

Shame they will grow more Quorn. Fusarium. Whatever you want to call it. Photon production doesn't seem to get far past 50% efficient though.

Comment

interesting... i think i first read about something like that in "The Secret Life Of Plants" (Tompkins & Bird, 1973) if memory serves.

Comment

A few decades back an inspirational character known as 20'Thai demonstrated growing in darkness using this technique. I used to enjoy 20'Thai's posts and input from his expanded consciousness.
          This looks really interesting and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Talkin soil? Rainwater has some extra Oxygen in the form of H2O2, and people put H2O2 in their garden water, waiting to shed that extra Oxygen atom. O+ is another ion. Ions are electrical, and that is how the nutes move via the cations.

I have a pH probe that will go way down to 4 or lower in soil that is pH to 7 or higher, when a plant is in the soil growing and the ions are exchanging. I call it sparking, and this is just a guess at what is going on. Plant dies, spark does too. None of the soil vendors I use knows a thing about this phenom. BTW, the reason I like the soil damp is so these ions can do their thing in the electrolyte, just like a battery.

Does the electrical thing work on dry soil? Like the OP...

' It always has to be in an aqueous environment to allow the electrons to flow.'

When people say to dry out your soil to let the microbes do their thing, I cringe.
            Last edited by flylowgethigh; 07-06-2021, 14:16.
            ______________________________ __________________________
            Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Things just chug long when those microbes are happy........scrappy

Comment

A few decades back an inspirational character known as 20'Thai demonstrated growing in darkness using this technique. I used to enjoy 20'Thai's posts and input from his expanded consciousness.
              This looks really interesting and thanks for sharing.
              That's nothing. These guys have grown some bacteria

Comment

The south pole promotes plant and bacterial growth. Mythologies dating back thousands of years are based on our polar reality. The South pole, has always been synonymous with the right hand of God,the dynamic input.

Click image for larger version

Name:	200px-VFPt_dipole_electric.svg.png
Views:	146
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	17893621

Comment

Polar reality subject to change.

https://magneticreversal.org/
                  ______________________________ __________________________
                  Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Things just chug long when those microbes are happy........scrappy

Comment

Electroculture

Electric stimulation could be the ultimate fertilizer for the high of the plant.

Electrical stimulation of plants for better agriculture

Emilia Obłuska
                    15 June 2020

Why is this important? According to the researchers, electrical stimulation of plants, i.e. providing them with delicate electrical impulses, can induce the activation of ion channels and ion transport, gene expression, activation of enzymatic systems, accelerate the repair of damaged cells, enhance plant movement and affect their growth [1].
                    Enhancing gene expression may be the real secret to electrical stimulation of water and soil.

A decade and a half ago, before I knew what I was doing or keep a plant alive, I grew a set of plants of various strains, which turned out to be extremely potent. All the strains had their personality expressed in a very clear manner.

Tanzanian Magic, African Seeds Company - transportive high, starting with a electrical body high, which then migrates and becomes a mindblowing head high, extremely hallucinogenic.
                    B-52, Nirvana - '8-Miles High' psychedelic experience, looking at the earth with people walking around like ants.
                    Blue Mystic, Nirvana - a philosopher's stone kind of high, looking into a crystal ball and seeing the universe.

I've been trying to find out what happened ever since. One thing was that I was using a zink watering can. Even though zink is only moderately electrically conductive, I think it was collecting environmental electricity from rainstorms and lightning.

Also, plants grow really well under power lines, which indicates that electricity from the air plays a role in plant growth.

Electroculture seems to be best preserved in countries that have managed to stay away from the Rockefeller, oil based chemical agricultual practices - France, Belgium, Poland.

Yannick van Doorne

1 hour Electroculture introduction by Yannick Van Doorne Andrea Donnoli and David Wechsler - ENGLISH
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQY2olfRoa0
                    Electrical stimulation of plants and agricultural water may go back to the Copper Age (at least the 4th-3rd millennium BC), and may be the ultimate purpose of the Pyramids.

James Ernest Brown and his Fire In The Middle:

During Brown’s first visit to Egypt numerous mineral samples were analyzed that revealed large amounts of sodium chloride present inside the pyramid and passageways, and hydrogen gas had been present in the so-called Queen’s Chamber. Recently, a man-made tunnel was discovered under the Giza Plateau; Egyptian news articles claimed the tunnel connects the Great Pyramid to the Nile. In ancient times water from the River Nile would have coursed through the Great Pyramid, and through a powerful chemical process created what Brown calls Earthmilk, “electrified water.” Brown believes this enhanced elixir served many purposes, including enlivening the human body and flowing back into the river to enrich animal life and to energize the soil at the time of the Nile’s annual innundation.

https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/4867...or-endorsement
                    More about electroculture:

Hemp Husbandry
                    Robert A. Nelson

"The application of electricity, magnetism, monochrome light, and sound can stimulate the growth of plants to a great extent. This little-known technology, called Electro-culture, can accelerate growth rates, increase yields, and improve crop quality. Electro-culture can protect plants from diseases, insects and frost. These methods also can reduce the requirements for fertilizer or pesticides. Farmers can grow bigger and better crops in less time, with less effort, and at a lower cost."

https://www.hempbasics.com/hhusb/hh5elc.htm
                    Electroculture, by Justin Etienne Chrisofleau, online free. Electromagnetic antennae to fertilize entire rows. The physicists around here should check into it.

https://www.electrocultureandmagneto...van_doorne.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X