What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Companion planting for smell

BC*Dankster*

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows if growing next to certain plants will pick up their smells? Like say you grow some plants next to a blueberry bush, can the cannabis pick up the blueberry smells ? If you pollenated some females that grew next to blueberries, could the offspring maybe pick up some of the blueberry smells? I kinda want to try this growing next to skunk cabbage...

Great outdoors

I would think growing next to skunk cabbage would be a little swampy. You planning on doing tubes/mounds?
I am going to guess it might add a little something but it's not going to make it RKS.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Natural flora absolutely have an impact on the way things taste and smell as is observed with many terroirs particularly grape varietals. Heitz marthas smells like eucalyptus because of the eucalyptus trees. Southern rhone smells like garrigue because it grows there. When it comes to cannabis this is absolutely a factor but mainly for highly aromatic things.

BC*Dankster*

Thanks for the replies! I am not searching for a blueberry strain, but used that as an example. Skunk is more what I'm looking for, and the Roadkill skunk is what I miss most. Ive been smoking some hash plant/northern lights that has very piney flavours. I think the pine is common in northern lights varieties, and maybe they have grown for generations near pine trees, causing the flavours? I kind of want to start experimenting

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
It looks like I have a heavier crop of Chamomile growing in the garden this year. It is very rank and strong smelling and is supposed to increase the resin in other plants as it is sometimes called the Dr. plant. At least it should keep some bugs away. I'm hoping it works.

G

Thanks for the replies! I am not searching for a blueberry strain, but used that as an example. Skunk is more what I'm looking for, and the Roadkill skunk is what I miss most. Ive been smoking some hash plant/northern lights that has very piney flavours. I think the pine is common in northern lights varieties, and maybe they have grown for generations near pine trees, causing the flavours? I kind of want to start experimenting

No one likes to talk about this. Smell and taste are the new religion n politics of Cannabis culture. Religion n politics being the new Metallica vs ozzy discussion, the new Saturday morning cartoons, the new Wwf, the new soap operas)

Tons of things influence the smell and taste of Cannabis through the roots. I just threw out a bag of "guano" because it made my stems smell like hotdogs. The guano is obviously cut with slaughterhouse bone meal, although it claims to be cut with fish meal.