That skunky smell? Blame ‘321 MBT’ and not Terpenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

troutman
    ​​​​​​​Ok, but that's not really answering my questions why you say that indoor gardens aren't capable of producing much thiols?

Comment

Originally posted by Cvh View Post
      troutman
      Ok, but that's not really answering my questions why you say that indoor gardens aren't capable of producing much thiols?
      Maybe you have less sulfur in your soil?
      Or less sulfur in your fertilizer.

Comment

troutman
        Ok, but that's not really answering my questions why you say that indoor gardens aren't capable of producing much thiols?
        from a brief glance with merely observational eyes, I would suspect there is an interaction that would be atleast tricky to replicate indoors consistently.

seems to be a yeast/bacteria interaction with the sulfur in soil causing a break down product that once the plant ingests feeds the pathway to these thiols.

Comment

troutman
          Most stuff has 0 thiols present. Skunk grown indoors stinks to high heaven, and no stinkier outdoors.
          Never Trust Somebody Who Says Never Trust A Hippie !

Comment

Originally posted by troutman View Post
            I don't think indoor gardens will produce much Thiols. Been doing RKS research for a while now.

Outdoors is where it will happen if at all with the right genetics and soil components.

3-methylbut-2-ene-1-thiol = Odor Description: Intense leek, onion-like, skunky.
            Not true really. Skunk is extremely skunky indoors. Nothing to do with soil, only genetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple_Flail View Post

from a brief glance with merely observational eyes, I would suspect there is an interaction that would be atleast tricky to replicate indoors consistently.

seems to be a yeast/bacteria interaction with the sulfur in soil causing a break down product that once the plant ingests feeds the pathway to these thiols.
              It's not that, just drop the idea please.

Comment

Originally posted by Hashmasta-Kut View Post

Not true really. Skunk is extremely skunky indoors. Nothing to do with soil, only genetics.
                Not true really?
                I'm probably up to no good.

Terpene Amplification

Comment

Originally posted by Agronomist View Post

Maybe you have less sulfur in your soil?
                  Or less sulfur in your fertilizer.
                  I live in area World known for acid rain. I live within eyesight of a mining smokestack.
                  My outdoor soil is rich in sulfur at 24.4 mg/kg. I grew the same strain indoors and out.
                  The outdoor plants smell stronger.

Terpene Amplification

Comment

But you aren't talking about herb that produces thiols. Most weed smell is from terpenes, and hardly any weed produces mercaptans that break down to thiol compounds. Your evidence is unrelated to skunk. Skunk smell does not come from the presence, or ample amount of sulfur.

Comment

troutman
                      ​​​​​​​Ok, but that's not really answering my questions why you say that indoor gardens aren't capable of producing much thiols?
                      Thiols are produced under anerobic conditions after hydrogen sulfide is produced by the reduction of sulfates and iron is present.
                      This would be like under water like in swamp mud or deep soils with no oxygen. Unless you want to create a stinky swamp type
                      aroma indoors which I'm sure your family won't be very impressed with don't go there. It's why I say it's easier and less trouble
                      to do it outside.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01809852

Terpene Amplification

Comment

Thiols produced in soil and Terpenes can react together to create even a stinkier chemicals that smell like Skunk.
                        In fact the US Government created such a compound to track Mexican weed shipments after they were sprayed
                        with Paraquat. The compound they used is called d-Limonene Dimercaptan (dLDM).

The chemical, known as d-Limonene Dimercaptan (dLDM). is made from orange peels, but is variously
                        described by government officials as smelling like "essence of skunk," "burning tar" and "poo-poo."
                        https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.4ff7e9200150

Terpene Amplification

Comment

Obviously you never grew skunk indoors like my family did indoors for over 20 years.

Believe what you want, I know what's up. Tired of trying to educate you now

Comment

Obviously you never grew skunk indoors like my family did indoors for over 20 years.

Believe what you want, I know what's up. Tired of trying to educate you now
                            So you leaving this thread now Mr. Knowitall?

Terpene Amplification

Comment

But you aren't talking about herb that produces thiols. Most weed smell is from terpenes, and hardly any weed produces mercaptans that break down to thiol compounds. Your evidence is unrelated to skunk. Skunk smell does not come from the presence, or ample amount of sulfur.
                              You're simply wrong. You fell for the fruit scrap terpene conspiracy. Every skunk smell in the galaxy contains sulfur. Terpenes have practically nothing to do with Cannabis. A bunch of lame wannabe growers who believe every commercial on late night television spread this myth, that was started by ecig companies in a conspiracy to sell a bunch of bullshit..

The green rushin' canna labs love testing to see if your Skunk x Garlic Bud has half a percent of linalool you can't smell in it lol. Much easier to test for pointless terpenes you can't smell than obvious thiols that literally define the strain.

This tiny chart shows more weed smell/entourage molecules than a full panel at Steep Hills
                              https://jameskennedymonash.files.wor.. .smells-w12.pdf

Same growtards who spread the terpene myth also believe the "D9thc = potency" and "frost equals potency" myths created by the government. Wannabe breeders who have never smoked decent herb think that terpenes are cool,the majority whom have never cured a bud or tasted hash. Boveda breeders... Real bud gets louder as it breaks down, and more flavorful. Just like a dead body, smelly armpit, sweaty feet, rotten fruit... Real weed smells. . Real weed doesn't need moisty packs and an imagination to pretend it's dank. Real weed comes with built-in dumpster chunks of grease and funk; not delicate terpenes. Terpene weed is limp wristed, aka gay. "Close the jar I might lose my single terpene! Oh dear! "
                              For the last time, I'm pretty sure what's killing the crops is this Brawndo stuff.

"But Brawndo's got what plants crave."

Comment

Originally posted by Maple_Flail View Post

Cannabis has multiple possible gene markers for a fatty acid which naturally produces the skunk thiols as it breaks down. Soil microbes can not only genetically modify the plant through horizontal gene transfer but can also produce the specific fatty acid as a nutrient-containing metabolite which the plant will absorb and utilize.

Every plant I grow indoor is skunky because of the soil. But my skunk with 9 markers for the skunk thiol group FA derivative, there's a synergistic effect. The type of synergism that haults evolution once it reaches perfection.
                                For the last time, I'm pretty sure what's killing the crops is this Brawndo stuff.

"But Brawndo's got what plants crave."

Comment

Working...
                                X