What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Full Access Articles Related to Propagation of Old Seed Stock and plant Embrios

Eleutherios

Specifically, I am looking for full access journal articles pertaining to the germination of seeds/ growth of embrios in liquid coconut milk and or enriched agar media. I keep running into situations, where I can only read the abstract or first page of the article. Thanks for any help in advance.

Eleutherios

http://www.plantphysiol.org/content/138/3/1177

"These materials included coconut (Cocos nucifera) milk, which had first been used by van Overbeek to stimulate the growth of young Datura stramonium embryos in culture (van Overbeek et al., 1941)"

Though I did just answer my own question, at least partially, as there is a full text link embedded in that article. I'm not ruling out something like an coconut water enriched agar. That is the thing though, I'd like to see more articles with the experimental details included before I decide how to proceed. My starting place was the textbook "Plants from Test Tubes an Introduction to Micro-propagation" which is fantastic. It just only touches on the history of it's applications to seeds. It sucks not currently having any academic credentials, in terms of primary reference access.