What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace's Auto Malawi and Zamaldelica

Dr.King

Veteran
Figured I would also start a thread in the auto flowering select as well. I started 2 of Ace's Auto Malawi's under a 600 Watt led dual COB. Had to re-pop another one because the first one fail to germinate because the shell was so hard and didn't realize until it was to late my bad lol. Never the less the second one is only 4 days behide and they are looking healthy. Since I'm growing in coco and using Advanced nutrients I will slowly up my grow A+B fed. They will also be getting Sensizym Organic, B-52, Cal/Mag and Great White during Veg. Also started a Auto Zamaldelica a few days later once I received my packaged which was fast, thanks Dubi as always my friend.

Malawi #1 day 10 or so got her first dose of nutrients at .5 ml's a L, 7 or so hours ago and is already starting to grow. She was starting to fade a little. Happy growing as always.

mMtTbx3.jpg

Malawi #2 is day 4 or 5 and looking good.

yuEFiCj.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
Second update, they seem to be growing fast I guess. One is on day 18 or 20 and the other is on day 13 or 14. The bigger one is at 1 ml a l right now. The smaller one was at .5 ml a l. Just gave the smaller one 1 ml a l so she will start growing more. Also bought a Co2 bag for my room that's in the top left corner of the picture. Used those before with pretty good results. The bigger one is about to start LST. This update was 3 days ago so they are already bigger now :dance013:. I def like growing autos. About to start a Mephisto Genetics White Chem tomorrow, will update as well. Happy growing all.

Auto Zamaldelica at day 3, she's at day 7 or so now. Will update soon.

MGuchk2.jpg

Both Auto Malawi's second update, bigger one day 18 or 20, smaller one is day 13 or 14.

4jdmAae.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
You're running some nice stuff. Ace is definitely going to be part of my next grow.

Thanks :tiphat:. I already began LSTing the bigger one. I will update in a few days.

My favorite from Ace has been there OTH. I think you will definitely like what Ace seeds has to offer. Almost anything you grow will be special in my opinion. The only one I didn't really like was the Bangi Haze than again only growing one doesn't give a good quality of what can be given out of the genetics. Also when I grew it, that was from straight 12/12 so it had 0 veg time so I think that had something to do with it. Happy growing as always.

Dr.King

Veteran
Been a week good time for a update. They are growing fast. Haven't had to give them nutrients, just watered last night after I took pictures. The bigger Malawi is getting LST'd and seems to be more NL's. While the smaller one seems to be more Sativa. Only time will tell though. The Zamal is growing fast and looks thin. Started a White Chem which has 30% perlite, 70% coco. She is growing faster and above ground now, 2 days old. I will say adding perlite is for sure the way to go with autos for speed since you start the seed right in the pot. I also pre-nutriated the perlite/coco mix before planting the seed with .3 m per liter of nutrients and I can for sure see a difference in growth in the seedling. The White Chem didn't burn at all. Happy growing all.

Both Malawi's

V1t5aFi.jpg

Zamal

Mq5GLQs.jpg

White Chem

VOux0sF.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
Update on my Malawi's and Zamal. Figured I would wait a bit til they grew up a little more to post a update instead of just posting more of the same pictures lol. Increased the nutrients for veg the last two doses to max strength which is 4ml's per L. Doesn't seem to be burning them at all which is great to see. I saw others only staying at max 2ml's per L max so figured I would max it one dose to see what would happen and she grew just fine.

Malawi #1 is at 19 inches tall. Malawi #2 is at 12 inches tall, she got started a few days after. The Zamal is already at 12 inches tall as well. All three got LST'd. Malawi #1 got LST'd a few time's more.

Now to my question. I'm wondering if these Malawi's are in there flowering stage or not. Never grown Auto's so I would like to hear some input on it to know if I should stop my veg nutrients. I wouldn't think the Malawi #2 would be flowering so already has she is only a foot tall. Than again I know Sativa's can double or triple in flowering. All options welcome. Thanks and happy growing all.

Both Malawi's

nhElvjr.jpg

Zamal

QTOWXEe.jpg

Malawi #1 Top is it flowering? This one kinda looks like it is to me.

Tmq0bRQ.jpg

Malawi #2 Top is it flowering as well?

wE9L9ib.jpg

Zamal Top looks different than the other two to me, what do you think?

WgyMT4Q.jpg

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice choice of strains, thanks to share !

They are starting their stretch. How old are they on last pict ?

Dr.King

Veteran
Thanks, I really enjoy all of Ace seeds strains which is why I wanted to grow these out. Malawi #1 is on day 45. Malawi #2 is on day 40 and the Zamal is only on day 35 so I wouldn't think she would be flowering yet. Maybe I got a fast flowering one? Maybe me upping the nutrients to 4ml's per L made them all go into flowering mode? Advanced Nutrients grow and bloom is almost the same PKN wise just a bit different so maybe it had a bit to do with it? Thanks and happy growing all.

Nice choice of strains, thanks to share !

They are starting their stretch. How old are they on last pict ?

Their All in flower now

Deke

I just got my Auto Zamal seeds last week! Can't wait. 6 days from Spain to the Midwest! You can't beat that, plus they had fantastic customer service. Every email answered within hours. I'll be back.
Cant wait to see how your do.

Dr.King

Veteran
Thanks man :tiphat:. I think you will def enjoy them by the looks and other smoke reports I have seen so far.

Another quick update on mine since I just noticed this because people said they are flowering. If they are the stretch is quite a lot. They are growing a 1 inch and 1/4 per day for the Malawi's. The Zamal only seems to be stretching maybe a half inch. I'm wondering if that one is actually in flowering as the top doesn't look clustered like the Malawi's. If the Zamal is in flowering how can I tell just by looking at the top? I would def like more understanding on how to know in the future myself because when I search online doesn't seem to be a ton of information out there with good detailed pictures showing this earlier of stage. Nutrients aren't due for atleast 3 days or so. I have a while to make a decision on to stop veg nutrients on the Zamal. Thanks and happy growing.

I just got my Auto Zamal seeds last week! Can't wait. 6 days from Spain to the Midwest! You can't beat that, plus they had fantastic customer service. Every email answered within hours. I'll be back.
Cant wait to see how your do.

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If Zamal auto is stretching, she doesn't need to be on diet , she needs a mix of veg + bloom nutes . Like mother plants . For me she's stretching and sexing only .

:tiphat:

Deke

Thanks man :tiphat:. I think you will def enjoy them by the looks and other smoke reports I have seen so far.

Another quick update on mine since I just noticed this because people said they are flowering. If they are the stretch is quite a lot. They are growing a 1 inch and 1/4 per day for the Malawi's. The Zamal only seems to be stretching maybe a half inch. I'm wondering if that one is actually in flowering as the top doesn't look clustered like the Malawi's. If the Zamal is in flowering how can I tell just by looking at the top? I would def like more understanding on how to know in the future myself because when I search online doesn't seem to be a ton of information out there with good detailed pictures showing this earlier of stage. Nutrients aren't due for atleast 3 days or so. I have a while to make a decision on to stop veg nutrients on the Zamal. Thanks and happy growing.

Like skunkist said, she needs some more veg nutes as well. I learnwd the hard way that they still need N throughout flowering. I was late to the game trying to fix my yellowing issues. The consensus was everything from root issues to sulphur. But had I hit them with an all around early on id have saved myself much headaches, and I'm sure my yeild suffered.
And as far as telling if they are flowering, they look dif because they are diff, lol. I'd do like skunkist said feed with veg and flower nutes. Even if you feed that an extra time and not just flowering nutes, I can't see it effecting your plants negatively.
Keep up the good work!

Dr.King

Veteran
Thanks for the tips guys. Since I'm using Advanced nutrients I guess I can just switch right over to there PH perfect A+B Bloom seeing as it still has 4% N in it. The ratios aren't that much different really from there Grow and Bloom when I just checked them out a little bit ago. The only difference is the P and K ratios which aren't even that much different as well. I wonder what really is the difference in there formula :laughing: than again it is a secret. I can now see why others using AN's just switched right over to the Bloom when they went into flowering instead of wondering because it still had nitrogen in it. Perfect for autos I must say. Thanks all for the input and happy growing, more updates to come!

If Zamal auto is stretching, she doesn't need to be on diet , she needs a mix of veg + bloom nutes . Like mother plants . For me she's stretching and sexing only .

Like skunkist said, she needs some more veg nutes as well. I learnwd the hard way that they still need N throughout flowering. I was late to the game trying to fix my yellowing issues. The consensus was everything from root issues to sulphur. But had I hit them with an all around early on id have saved myself much headaches, and I'm sure my yeild suffered.
And as far as telling if they are flowering, they look dif because they are diff, lol. I'd do like skunkist said feed with veg and flower nutes. Even if you feed that an extra time and not just flowering nutes, I can't see it effecting your plants negatively.
Keep up the good work!

Dr.King

Veteran
Everything is growing great now with the flowering nutrients. Malawi #1 is at 29 inches and Malawi #2 is at 20 inches. Zamal is also at 20 inches. Started giving both Malawi's Big Bud now as they look to be into week 2 of flowering. The White Chem is starting to grow nicely. Since the bigger Malawi is basically taking over the area I will be adding another LED light over the Zamal and White Chem so they can get better light. I will spread them out some so they have room to grow more as they look like they need it. Happy growing all.

Both Malawi's

HE41THj.jpg

Malawi #1 Top Bud

Rf54kYy.jpg

Zamal

VLrupRC.jpg

White Chem

gOEa3O3.jpg

Group Shot

WZjOrMi.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
Aye, thanks guys :tiphat:. Haven't raised the light over the Malawi due to height restrictions so we'll see. Other's have said 4 or 5 feet. Little side update. I did add the second light over top of the Zamal and White Chem. Which allowed me to spread all of them out a bit more. Took a Watt reading over the Malawi's they are both getting at the top 40k lumens atm. The Zamal and White Chem are getting 30k. Not to bad for LED lights. Update to come soon, happy growing all.

They stretch a lot !!!
Curious to see which height they ' ll finish ...

:biggrin:

Nice! Keep up the good work!

Dr.King

Veteran
Update, Malawi's are growing nicely. Malawi #1 the top bud is over 16 inches tall. Couple of the side branches are 12 or so inches which are nice to see. They should end up being pretty big at the end. The Zamal is very tall now. Not much for the White Chem this time. Happy growing all.

Malawi's

SWtE6Pn.jpg

Malawi Top bud 12 inches or so.

kiq77dt.jpg

Zamal

nbYWtHj.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts