What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New420Guy Durban Auto Reg

NeDank

Hi everyone!

Just showing day 1 of my Durban auto. Any advise is appreciated.

400w MH
3x3x6 tent

3 Gallon Root Trapper Pots
100% Coco Coir

Maxi Gro and Maxi Bloom for nutes

3 seeds in one pot will be thinned to 1 plant after sexing.

picture.php

NeDank

Today is day 7

I gave the plants a light feeding of MaxiGro (One TSP per gallon) today.

Everything seems to look fine

On with the pic

picture.php

Asslover

Veteran
I don’t know squat about auto flowerers but that 3 gal “pot” is way too big for those seedlings,
proceed cautiously with your watering.
Also, tsp/gal of Maxigro is a pretty strong formula for tiny seedlings.

N

New_gorilla

I don’t know squat about auto flowerers but that 3 gal “pot” is way too big for those seedlings,
proceed cautiously with your watering.
Also, tsp/gal of Maxigro is a pretty strong formula for tiny seedlings.

Autoflowers should be put in there finishing pots as you got no time for error transplanting them will stunt there growth just what I've read about autos

Deke

Autoflowers should be put in there finishing pots as you got no time for error transplanting them will stunt there growth just what I've read about autos

Yes. Plant in final pot. Some choose not to, but most I have seen choose to plant them in their final pot. Also, I'm not a coco guy, but I'm pretty sure you needed to add quite a bit of perlite to your soil.
I always wanted to grow Durban, good luck.

NeDank

Yes. Plant in final pot. Some choose not to, but most I have seen choose to plant them in their final pot. Also, I'm not a coco guy, but I'm pretty sure you needed to add quite a bit of perlite to your soil.
I always wanted to grow Durban, good luck.

This round I didn't add anything to the coco. I don't have any perlite but do have a 3 cuft bag of vermiculite. Would that work next time?

Also note I water by a moisture meter. When half way down the soil is 3 or starting to turn red I water about 1 quart to half a gallon.

Dr.King

Veteran
Looking good man. Will be interesting to see how they turn out. Most people that do grow autos indeed grow them in 2-3 + gallon or bigger pots. The bigger the better. If you want a ton of good info head over to AFN they have plenty of grow threads completed that show crazy yields in much bigger pots indoors. One guy was growing the auto Ultimate got over 1000 grams indoors in a 5 gallon pot. Few others have gotten 500+ grams from it. LST her and you should see some good yields if done correctly if the genetics are good. Perlite helps for sure, usually at about 1/3 of the soil or coco. Happy growing all.

NeDank

Tonight I planted 4 (was supposed to be 3 but he have me an extra seed XD) Sour 60 from New420Guy. No soaking in papper towel or anything just straight into wet coco.

NeDank

Looking good man. Will be interesting to see how they turn out. Most people that do grow autos indeed grow them in 2-3 + gallon or bigger pots. The bigger the better. If you want a ton of good info head over to AFN they have plenty of grow threads completed that show crazy yields in much bigger pots indoors. One guy was growing the auto Ultimate got over 1000 grams indoors in a 5 gallon pot. Few others have gotten 500+ grams from it. LST her and you should see some good yields if done correctly if the genetics are good. Perlite helps for sure, usually at about 1/3 of the soil or coco. Happy growing all.

Not sure if it's ok to talk about AFN here but I have an account. Haven't got much interest my last few grow threads over there. I'll stick to icmag

NeDank

Had to hydrate a new 11 lb block of coco coir last night. I put 4 kitty litter buckets of water into a 18 gallon tub. It was a little bit to much water so I had to add lobster compost to the coco mix. So now I have a good nutrient rich substraight for the next batch of seeds. Next time i'll use 3 kitty litter buckets.

Also had to clean my glass shield for the reflector today. Man was it dirty. It's only been a few grow cycles so I have to be more vigilant about cleaning. Next I should take all the plants out of the grow tent and clean the floor of hard water stains. Man do I hate doing that but it look gross right now. Might wait till grows end to do that otherwise it'll just keep getting stains. idk

Last edited:

Dr.King

Veteran
Oh I know. Just doesn't seem like many people post about autos here on Icmag so always try to give helpful information even if it's another site. Helping someone become a better grower is what it's all about imo :tiphat:. Why I made my auto thread here as well for info.

Is that your plant Meat? If it is, very nice job my man! Keep it up :). Happy growing all.

don t have to go to afn to see giant autos..

View Image

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
yes, it was an automazar x gorilla auto -- called mazarilla the hopebringer :D
in hydro top feed hydrotons under 600 w hps with 18/6 lights schedule

NeDank

So this grow might turn into a perpetual grow I'm not sure yet. First I started Auto Durban then a week or so later Sour 60 which are just today starting to sprout.

Today is day 12 for the Auto Durbans and not quite day 1 for Sour 60

On with the pics

Auto Durban

picture.php

First sprout out of 4 Sour 60 Regs

picture.php

Lastly an ugly overview shot to show you how messy my tent gets

picture.php

Don't mind the bonsai and other plants I have growing in the tent I may get rid of them. Also don't stare at the hard water stains on the floor. Oh btw one of my cats Mister says hi!

NeDank

One more Sour 60 sprouted today. Can't remember if I planted 3 or 4 (I think it was 4 though). Good germ rates so far from these seeds.

NeDank

Just ordered 12 Wild Thailand Ryder fems from Herbies yesterday. I grew this strain from a friend on another forum here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355003 if you want to check em out. They turned out really good but I slacked on pics near the end of the grow. Sorry guys! These will be part of the next grow. Probably wont sprout any more for this grow because the Durbans will be stretching soon. And I still have plants sprouting (Sour LR2) none of which have sprouted yet.

Not sure if this round I'll make seeds or not. The original plan was to make seed with Durban and Sour 60 or Sour LR2 but I may just cut all the males to make this run for smoke as I'm out currently. Still 2-3 months to go unfortunately.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts