What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

La Buena Hierba - Samurai Jacks

Darkforces1

Hello everyone. I am new here but have been growing autoflowers for awhile now. I mostly post over at autoflower net but some people thought the nice folks here might like a look at a newer strain out now from La Buena Hierba the Samurai Jacks.

I am growing these ladies in a soiless mix using ProMix bx and a bunch of additives like worm casting and bone meal and some other stuff.

I am growing these with 4 35 W CFls and a 260w led currently in a 5 foot tall grow tent.

I am using 2 2.5 gallon air pots and 1 3L air pot as I wanted to see the size difference.

Here are some pictures of the grow to date. I also made a album as well as I want sure how to post pictures here.

I planted on 10/2 and they took 3 days to pop up. I planted 3 and all 3 germinated.

They are currently at day 32. The 3L plant turned out to be male but the other 2 are growing fine and are currently 16" tall.

The pictures go from day 4 until day 32 which is today. I will be able to post easier after this.

Any questions or comments are always welcome.

Attachments

• filename_03.jpg
    filename_03.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 47
  • filename_21.jpg
    filename_21.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 48
  • filename_28.jpg
    filename_28.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 49
  • filename_32.jpg
    filename_32.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 49
  • filename_33.jpg
    filename_33.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 50
  • filename_54.jpg
    filename_54.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 51

Darkforces1

I am using lightly BioBizz Fish Mix but its mostly what I add to the soiless mix like worm casting, bone meal, blood meal, bat guano and some other things that is keeping the plant really happy.

Darkforces1

Time for todays update :) Well the to ladies are still growing fine. They are starting to show a lot more pre flowers and looking pretty good, They are currently 20" and 21" and I keep having to move the light up. THis soiless mix is the bomb!! Thanks Muddy at AutoFlower network for the base recipie. I am really liking these LBH strains and cant wait until he releases his Sour desiel Haze pretty soon.

On to the show

Attachments

• filename_09.jpg
    filename_09.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 53
  • filename_03.jpg
    filename_03.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 48
  • filename_01.jpg
    filename_01.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 49

Darkforces1

Here is a little update today. The one on the right is now over 24" and the other is over 22" so they are still growing nicely. Lots of preflowers showing now as well.:dance013:

Attachments

• filename_02.jpg
    filename_02.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 55
  • filename_01.jpg
    filename_01.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 51

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks a bit like N tox.
They are sensative to PH.
If it`s out they can`t take up N.
So they yellow.
Now wen flowering you have had to hit them hard with feed every watering.. So it`s been a bit of work keeping ontop of them.
flush em good now and let em be for awhile.
lot of first time Haze growers feed them too much
for the rest they look good keep up the good work
:)

sorry for my bad english hoop you understand what i try too sey

peace

Darkforces1

Here is another update. I ended up topping one and cut about 12" off so its about 33" right now while the other is 38" currently. In the right pots and setup I am sure these could go 5+ feet so these can be some really big ones for autos. I overdid the N so I ended up with some curling I am still working on getting back to normal. There are tons of preflowers now so I hope they start budding up soon.

Attachments

• filename_11.jpg
    filename_11.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 53
  • filename_10.jpg
    filename_10.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 49
  • filename_09.jpg
    filename_09.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 48

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
im guessing this strain would be ideal for lst or even using a scrog technique to keep them low and not reduce yield potenial

they look good, whats the length of time from seed to harvest on these ??

Darkforces1

LBH says somewhere in the 12-14 week range so they are not quickies but with a good haze that should be expected especially with the size of them and being autos.

Darkforces1

Update time. The ladies both had to be topped because they were TOO BIG for my 5 foot tent and are current over 42" and quite busy. If you got the space I would highly recommend growing these ladies.

Attachments

• S817_03.jpg
    S817_03.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 49
  • S817_02.jpg
    S817_02.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 45
  • S817_01.jpg
    S817_01.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Latest posts