What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SGS RAINBOW...a.k.a PinkBud f1 & Fruit Salad x PinkBud f1

uptosumpn

Veteran
Hey everybody, it time to fire up the mini setup again.....(still havent gotten the right location for the BIG set-up....<<but when I do, there will be a lot of upgrades, mostly tailored for AF-SOG....

Anywayz, I will be using 2 42w CFL's a 85watt CFL alongside a 125watt CFL for veg for 4wks/sexing, then fire up da 150hps.....

If any of you guys followed my last mini grow, I didnt do to great with the PINKBUDS as far as transplanting goes....(did it to late because I was outta twn. so they were stunted, so I jus left em' in the 22oz cups.... BUT NOT THIS TIME!!! Smoke was lovely, very diff!!)

These pinkbud seeds are my own F1's from that grow...and as of today I have 13 out of 14 sprouted....

The Fruit Salad x PINKBUD F1's were purchased via seedbay....4packs....( only used 2 packs, 1 was crushed, so thats 23 germed, 1 died, 12 sprouted and the remaining 10 have NOT broke surface!!! WTF!!!?? :comfort: So I may drop 10 Secret Citrus x Ak47 f1's or my SourJemz F3's....

Dont know if i will be pushing this light to the limit because of the amount of space, (4sf) and the amount of plants Imma cram in there, (16 females is the goal) but I hope to get a Qp MINIMUM! whatta u guys think? Is that doable???

Soil will be ProMix Bx with EWC to start and I was thinking of using FFOF to mix with the promix when time to transplant..with added perlite.....

Now the nutes is a diff story....I still have a good amount of FF GrowBig, AN Conno part a&b, as my main nutrients, and all kind of suppliments/additives, (rhizo, calmag+, molasses, no shock, tarantula, phirana, voodoo juice, superthrive, B-52, FF open ses, beastie bloomz, cha-ching, final flush ect) but I'm thinking I wanna go organic this time. So any advice anybody as far as main nutrients?? I was thinking Earth juice or Iguana Juice....??

Also, I will be bubbling my water 24/7...(for those who dont kno. MJ loves the extra oxygen) and I believe if I go organic and bubble my solution 12-24hrs before feeding it will make the girls thrive...as i have heard and seen.....my only problem is the heat from that 150hps....I had issues the last grow with heat, but whatta ya expect with a 6" booster fan as a exhaust fan....So I purchased a flange for the 150 and im going to hook a more powerful 4" exhaust fan, (S&P TD-100) to it and vent that heat outta da top of my mini homebox xs tent and use that 6" booster fan as my active intake.....:dance013:

Anyways, most started sprouting on the 11th, with the others following on the 12th, 13th & 14th..will post pics one of these days as its nothing really exciting going on @ this point....any and all comment welcomed...grow hard!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good mate , looking forward to seeing this!

I didn't have any germ issues, 35/36 germed for me a few months ago.

uptosumpn

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words mitch as usual...at least you responded....and as for the 10 that STILL havent broke soil, (6 days now) it may be grower error, (doubt it!) but then why all my other SGS seeds that were started sprouted normally?? (besides the crushed one and the one that died) super pissed! Then I start this thread asking for advice/sugg. and not even the breeder chimes in!? BUT replys to others started after mines??? (fyi, every thread that has SGS gear gets a big-ups or a thanks or advice from him the same day like clock work...) way to show thanks/support from one of your biggest fans and customers....anywayz, I'm not cryin over spilled milk, jus stating the obvious bs! (think i asked to be a tester of fruit salad waayy before you got em' with no responce ...<<maybe it was because he wanted some of mossy's exclusive beans I have and I told you I only have 10 of each and cant gift any atm, but when i make seeds i will throw some your way....guess he didnt want to hear that, but he did gift me some pb & sc) as soon as fsxpb was released I bought 3pks, then went back and bought the last pack before hew put more up on the baY mos. later.....Even then I still havent got no effin feedbak on my purchases!!! so wtf gives?????!!! I support SGS to the fullest! Basically, it seems like SGS supports everyone who grows his shit but me....chk my grow & questions about his gear and chk everones elses....you'll see what i mean.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
BUDDY! Dont feel singled OUT! :comfort: I saw your thread the other day just haven't had time to read it thoroughly and reply. I value your support bro, and appreciate your business. No real explanation for the lack of replies in your threads you are talking about... just didn't I guess... :dunno:

As for the Mossy crap, I could have cared less, after using the JEMS in one of my creations (PINKBUD) since decided her work isn't for me and to stick with my own AF genetics for creating new AF hybrids. You can see this in my work after PINKBUD and now. It is also the reason I made Fruit Salad, a colored AF hybrid with ZERO JEMS/Mossy work in it.

Now back to the thread,

Dont know about the germ problem bro, considering you had good germ on the others. SGS stock is tested periodically for germ rates, nothing will go out if it is shit bro. But once they have left SGS I dont know how they are stored by other people bro, so take that into effect.

VERY HAPPY to hear you are moving to Large AF-SOG grows bro!! IT is the best! Now we just need to get you some reliable seed stock.

Great you want to go organic! With all those additives and crap they sell in shops, if you read the lables bro a lot of all that crap contains the same ingredients just sold under a different formula and marketed by someone else. Organics doesnt need all that extra crap, in fact it seems to hinder the development of the soil, and its benefits. A super simple way to get a great crop from Organics is using FFOF soil and Maxicrop Liquid Fish along with Earth Juice Bloom and Catalyst, and some super thrive. You really dont need much more then that to get a successful crop. Roots Organics line of newts and Soil is great too!

Absolutely hate Promix!!! it is far to heavy, holds to much water, and always needs constant quality control, 2 bags are never the same in quality and the mix is crap. Sorry just my view on that mix, never had luck with it.

Bubbling your water is excellent bro, with the above feeding plan you would bubble that too, and yes they do love it. Let me know if you want more details in the feeding program and what you can do get get a successful crop using organics.

Again sorry you felt singled out bro, was never my intention nor did I even notice it, you just slipped through the cracks bro.

SGS

uptosumpn

Veteran
^^^FINALLY!! lol! sORRY to come off like a lil' cry baby, but I did felt left out....Anywayz, you still the man in my book bro, so no love lost...your shit still rocks yo....

Now back to the thread....thanks for the info on the pro-mix...(<someone else told mE the SAME SHIT!) But I have half a bag of it left and dont wanna really throw it away...But trust and believe I will be using FFOF from now on...<jus expensive per bag...think its $25usd around my neck of the woods...can I get away with mixing it with the rest of the promix i have???

Also, a big thanks for the info on the organic nutes..! That's what I really wanted info on! I will be getting Maxicrop Liquid Fish along with Earth Juice Bloom and Catalyst, got some super thrive already. And yea, let me kno what to do & send me some of your detailed feed program...I really wanna perfect using organics while I'm still using this small set up...so by the time I get back to my big tent I will be ready to Blast off my 32 plant AF-SOG and get great results like you and my homie Mitch Connor!!

Currently most of the babies are on day 6 now, so will post up pics tomm @ 1wk.

Btw, dropped 10 Secret Citrus x Ak47 yesterday and put em' in soil this eve <Wanna see what kind of pheno's pop up in this cross!! Ooooo Weeeee!!!!!!

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Deff gonna be watching this, I will have a similar setup going very soon, lets see them autos transform from seed to hefty budzzz

I

icon

FFOF from now on...<jus expensive per bag...think its $25usd around my neck of the woods...can I get away with mixing it with the rest of the promix i have???

try to look for happy frog same company awsome soil should be about 1/2 the price

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
try to look for happy frog same company awsome soil should be about 1/2 the price

good advice! The Happy Frog comes in bigger bags too so you get more for your $.. Only down side is its not as airy nor does it have much food in it like FFOF, I would mix a bit of perlite and some dry organic fertilizer in to the Happy Frog before using it.

I will post up the feeding schedule for you in a little bit UTS!

SGS

uptosumpn

Veteran
Oh, really...?!! Well I already kno i'm not gonna wanna go thru all that!!! I will jus go ahead and buy the FFOF! gonna have enough other things to do and worry about...waiting on the sched, thanks SGS...:tiphat:
good advice! The Happy Frog comes in bigger bags too so you get more for your $.. Only down side is its not as airy nor does it have much food in it like FFOF, I would mix a bit of perlite and some dry organic fertilizer in to the Happy Frog before using it.

I will post up the feeding schedule for you in a little bit UTS!

SGS

uptosumpn

Veteran
PB x FS are 1wk old as of yest, and 7 of 10 SC x AK beans have sprouted...<as of yest. they are 1 day old....will post pics in a lil while....so I got 30 or so sprouts going for this mini grow..come on 16 females!!!!

uptosumpn

Veteran
Pics!!

Pics!!

Okay guys here are the pics...As of right now I have 29 seedlings going....11 PinkBuds, 10 Fruit Salad x PinkBud & 8 Secret Cit x Ak47....sorry if they are crappy, but this old 5mp cam is all I have atm...These were all jus fed and sprayed so thats why they may look a little droopy.....ANYWAYZ, PICS...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FS x PB27.jpg
    FS x PB27.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 48
  • FS x PB6.jpg
    FS x PB6.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 50
  • FS x PB7.jpg
    FS x PB7.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 46
  • FS x PB8.jpg
    FS x PB8.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 46
  • FS x PB9.jpg
    FS x PB9.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 44
  • FS x PB10.jpg
    FS x PB10.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 46
  • FS x PB14.jpg
    FS x PB14.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 46
  • FS x PB15.jpg
    FS x PB15.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 45
  • FS x PB16.jpg
    FS x PB16.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 48
  • FS x PB17.jpg
    FS x PB17.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 49

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
good start bro but what I didnt understand from the beginning was ,, why did you start them with all those flouros when you said you had a 150W HPS just sitting there? The HPS will supply much better growth bro, I suggest switching as soon as possible.

what did you feed them?

SGS

uptosumpn

Veteran
Well, first off I didnt have the HPS around..(it was in storage outta twn..just got it today) and I really want a good female ratio....wont the HPS promote more males...ie; the red light??? BUT, if you think I will get what I want, (16 girls outta 30 seedlings) then I will change it today.....let me kno bro, as always, thanks for you input SGS...

Oh, I have been only feeding them water up to this point...my local shop didnt have any of the good stuff you sugg. in your AFOFP...(the maxicrop) but will have it today, so by the time I respond I will have it...