What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afterthought Auto Test Grow - Oblivion

Lotto

Aridbud sent along a good selection of autos to try. Some for indoors and some for out. I chose to start with Oblivion (Loc Dog Amnesia X Shimmer.). This strain is probably better suited for outside but we'll see how it does under SIL's.

3 of 4 seeds popped on March 4. They went into 7' deep plastic food containers. The depth will hold these for a good week. The strongest 2 went into 1 1/2 gal of what is mix of peat and big chunk perlite. The slow seedling spent 12 days in the 7' container.

They are in a veg./ clone area under a 4 tube T8 fixture with supplemental LED's. Lights are set at 18/6.

These are not feminized seed. Once sexed, I then will decide where they will go, either here or the 12 hour zone. Updates to follow as they get some legs under them.

Attachments

• photo2028743.jpg
    photo2028743.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 102
  • photo2028744.jpg
    photo2028744.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 107
  • photo2028745.jpg
    photo2028745.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 94

Lotto

The 2 larger seedlings showed male around 19 days old. The slower seedling is now in a 3 gal. pot and still under 18 hrs. I'm sure this will be a girl, but not yet showing. The males will go out into the greenhouse to observe. Pollen might be saved.

This auto is being grown to see how it behaves indoors. I intend to start more plants for a mid to late June plant out and these will mature during the heat of summer.

So far these are easy and not a bit fussy. Worm poop and a small bit of seaweed is all they've seen.

Attachments

• photo2032223.jpg
    photo2032223.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 103
  • photo2032224.jpg
    photo2032224.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 94

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, stunted from tigh root quarters, but alive!!!! Next grow-'round, start/finish in 5 gallon, then watch what they can do!

Lotto

Plant showed first pistol at 30 days. Due to lack of space in veg.- clone area it is now under 12 hrs., much stronger SIL's with a shorter duration.
AB, I can assure you that at this point in the grow this plant is not stunted in any way. There was no root restriction when it went into this pot. Slow steady growth is just what I hoped for. I realize this pot size will soon be restrictive to root development. I am not trying to grow the biggest, baddest plant I can.
As stated earlier, I'm merely seeing how it behaves inside. More seed will be started for an outdoor grow.
This plant grows like a dream and time will tell.
Congrats on the N.Mex. law change.

Attachments

• photo2035827.jpg
    photo2035827.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 99

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best of plant success in second half of the grow! Imagine you'll see root bound soon, maybe lock out.
Yes, NM is thankful on new legislation....appreciate thumbs up.

Lotto

60 days old and 30 days from first pistil. This plant has been under both 12 hr. and 18 hr. I would have preferred to keep it under 18 hrs. but could not for various reasons. It will finish under 12 hrs.
I have not done much to contain stretch. Tied it down just a bit. Very manageable as it is now at 21 inches. Buds are beginning to plump up and it's now seeing moderate feedings of fish and sea weed.
A couple of the lower branches got a good dusting from the Oblivion male. Seed set is very good.
An educated guess is this has got a good 5 weeks to go. My SIL's tend to finish these on the early side.
AB, happy with what I'm seeing so far. This has the all makings of a good little outdoor plant.

Attachments

• photo2042446.jpg
    photo2042446.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 101
  • photo2042448.jpg
    photo2042448.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 99

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look great, Lotto! Keep on budding, adding heft to the plant!! Won't be long....start keeping an eye on it in ~3 weeks.

Latest posts

Latest posts