What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoors farming af, strain selection. Advice welcome!

Veggia farmer

Hey!

Im at latitude faaar north... I have and are working on photoperiod strain also, but i have some friends who want the high quality pot and the photoperiod strains I have need a couple more seasons to finish properly.

OK, so is issue is high quality pot outdoors from AF strains. Advice please?
I had some seeds I was making a seed grow on but not much left thanks to the mice... well well... I planning a pilgrimage to buy seeds, maybe crossing a little bit, at least do seed runs indoors before i hit NEXT years outdoor season.. Next year is because I havent a location ready anyway, play indoors in the mean time.. Maybe seed runs/ PS smoke grow GG style...

I want the most potent indica/afganica strains in one group, cross pollinating to get the most potent Indica/afganica line... And the same with a sativa group...cross pollinating some sativa strains..

I also want to cross because of vigor and my knowledge says its easier to acclimate a strain to a location if you cross different strains together (landrace for eksempel and cervantes also said something about it)...

After splitting in groups of sativa and indica, its primarly potency and taste/odor that are the main concerns... yields is second but nice of course..

Hope we get a talk on it:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
VF, your intentions sound good but you have some information missing. To cut to the chase and give you one very potent auto flowering sativa. You need to go to aceseeds.org and get the auto Malawi x Northern lights. You and your friends will be very happy.
Peace brother

Koondense

Veteran
Check for LaBuenaHierba autoflowers and early varieties, he has a lot of great sturdy autos bred in netherlands.

Cheers

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
afterthought are easier to get than heirba...direct sales in america n canada.

Thanks! Lots know about us and more folks continue to contact us or buy from various sites.
Unfortunately heard from a customer emailing us that Crystal Forest Farms in Spokane, WA are using our strain name (Magnetic Midnight, our NL auto hybrid) and quite possibly our seeds, as well as other breeders on Fbook. Not cool. Beware of imposters!!!

Veggia farmer

Farmerlion: Thanks for the advice! Hope i will be manage to get it! going to Amsterdam on Friday! Feel already like the kid Whos going to the candy shop hehe.

Koondense: Labuenahierba available in netherlands??

Pumpkinpie eyes: Europe!

Aridbud, do you sell somewhere in Netherlands?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do you sell somewhere in Netherlands?Nope...Sbay, expired listings. USA, several sites and we ship to Canada as well. Good luck.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
attachment.php

royalqueens auto northernlights july, it was one of the most potent autoflower i ve seen yet.

also in this thread, there are some grow report from iwantmorebuds about different autoflowers

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336083

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Farmerlion: Thanks for the advice! Hope i will be manage to get it! going to Amsterdam on Friday! Feel already like the kid Whos going to the candy shop hehe.

Koondense: Labuenahierba available in netherlands??

Pumpkinpie eyes: Europe!

Aridbud, do you sell somewhere in Netherlands?
yep im from Amsterdam :tiphat:

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
VF, your intentions sound good but you have some information missing. To cut to the chase and give you one very potent auto flowering sativa. You need to go to aceseeds.org and get the auto Malawi x Northern lights. You and your friends will be very happy.
Peace brother
they are not verry good here up north with rain they mold a lot..and ofcose thats noormal becorse they do selection in warm sunny Spain.
i selecting for 10 year in rainy Holland

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
with autoflowers, you can do high yields, there are few factors that indicates flowering naturally it is indicated by size or reaching mature age,

but with some tricks you can force them to veg more or flower in a shorter time, you can only play this by giving the roots area the condition to do the required thing to you.

for example if you use 5x5 cm pots with dirt, autoflowers will start to flower usually as soon as their roots get bounded. in 2 weeks or something, give the more space to grow roots, the time will longer, until they get rootbounded.
if you start them in a medium, that is easily manipulated with nutes, like coco/perlite mix, or if you growing them in hydroponic set up, they will grow so fast vegging like crazy and can give you very high yields per plant, in a dwc setup.

tdf.jpg they said it was a 400g + plant

strain called "think different" from company dutchpassion

Last edited:

Veggia farmer

LBH: Did som diesel ryder 10years ago, hade to cut early because of mold. leafy stuff.. but it was Nice to be selfsufficcient... I Have some photo lines that also got som AFs in them With good mold resistance, Danish genes and have made seeds a few Seasons aswell... thought about maybe elite strains crossing With them if the same issued continued, of course then by the AFs individuals... 10 years in holland is good.. think maybe you have more rain and humidity than me i live far from the coast at the moment..

Whipedmeat: when I grow outside its always in soil.... Im a organic farmer, and not just cannabis farmer so its "the thing" to do hehe..

have also heard some tricks... planting then its colder in spring.. when I did the DR the first pistills sowed in summer soltice maybe right before, and i sprouted them first week in may.. jiffi tablets in doors 5 days then out! Indoors this strains sowed me pistill at three weeks old seedling, 21days.. males showed sex two/three days before that again.. Have at least always been thinking it was the cold, read it somewhere that is was the only trigger of the ruderalis gene to flower or not... temp... could maybe be also soil, no pot...

Now hit the shower and Im ready for the A-dam:)

Strain you showing in pic??

Im planning outdoors because want to some shortcut of my work to get quality, but since it AF I want them to veg as long as possible.. going to cut it before the season is over anyway... I think atleast!

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
after 50 posts, you can edit your posts :D

yes, maybe try to give them very light soil use lot of perlite cococoir to force them root a lot, you can use black foil around the stem and cover the ground to heat it up more ?

Veggia farmer

Been a while.. Now i got aleast some new seeds to play around with:) Thanks a lot to LBH, he gave me a couple of Nice deals.! Im hopefully soon starting the seedruns..