Auto cross ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto cross ?

Wondering what's the result if applying reverse pollen from a female auto on to a photo period female. I'm aware that the resulting seeds wont be fully auto but will they be complete females as the would be if it were just auto to auto cross or full photo to photo cross with fem pollen.
    Going Vert no Dirt

In a nutshell

F1 from this cross is photo. Pick your star and clone or pick others and pollinate.
    F2 run long days 16-24 hours. About a quarter will auto. From those that do pick favorites and pollinate.
    Keep repeating this step until auto is stable.

Comment

Hmm
      "Don't try to alter the someone's conscience. Don't stop someone when they try to alter their own conscience”. (Timoty Leary - Harvard – 1970)

Comment

Originally posted by Sign View Post
        In a nutshell

F1 from this cross is photo. Pick your star and clone or pick others and pollinate.
        F2 run long days 16-24 hours. About a quarter will auto. From those that do pick favorites and pollinate.
        Keep repeating this step until auto is stable.
        Too, sampling will be small if you're using F1- F-1 which will create problems. You need to back cross.
        ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
        "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
        We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
        sigpic

Comment

yes, they will be female seeds.

Peace GG

Comment

That's what I was wondering. The auto flowering trait would not have any affect on sex. Could be a great way to fast track production of fem seeds for guerrilla growing.
            Going Vert no Dirt

Comment

You could just reverse a feminised auto onto another auto wich may suit your situation better.

Comment

Originally posted by marmarb View Post
                That's what I was wondering. The auto flowering trait would not have any affect on sex. Could be a great way to fast track production of fem seeds for guerrilla growing.
                It doesn't really fast track anything. Well, I guess the first generation will be all-female, which could reduce the number you have to run to find that elite plant. But if you looking for full auto you will still have to wait for 3-4 generations.
                I personally like to use at least some males in any f1 hybrid I'm making.
                That way if you find some exceptional plants it will give you more options to revisit that f1 gen and you will not be limited to only females to select from.

Peace GG

Comment

Working...
                X