What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Timing? : Natural open air breeding regular autos

BluesnChiefs

So if one was to have a few regular autos and wanted to open air pollinate the best male to the best females in a greenhouse, Would the timing work to where the male would open its pollen sacks soon enough to pollinate the budding females in time for proper seed development? sorry for the long run on sentence.

Also would running the proper length to develop the seeds mean that you would have the pull the harvest later than the optimum harvest date?

thanks for any helpful info
:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let "nature" run its course. Yes, it takes longer to finish seeded plants.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
If you're interested in multiple breedings with the same male, say next season or a few years from now.

Cut branches off of each of your males. Keep them in separate areas and collect, dry and store their pollen. Next run you'll have viable pollen on the ready for future pollination projects. :)

BluesnChiefs

yep that's the plan dry out some pollen and save it in some jars or vac seal them.

fridge or freezer both ok as long as its dry?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
yep that's the plan dry out some pollen and save it in some jars or vac seal them.

fridge or freezer both ok as long as its dry?
The link in my sig for STS has the directions at the end.

I make sure to super dry the pollen, since the drier it is the longer it stays viable. Silca will not get it dry enough. Once it's dry, I put it in small bindles (marked very well), then into a thermos bottle, then into the freezer.

I'm sure it will store just fine in the fridge, but the freezer has already proven 10+ year viability. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts