Make auto hybrids,i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make auto hybrids,i need help

Hello,among the different crosses I'm making, there is also a hybrid af x purple haze thai ...well,i know this f1 will be fotoperiod flowering,with auto flower recessive....
    Question:if i cross this f1 with a auto strain,I will get a percentage of auto flowering plants,right???
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=135579

you've already added Autoflowering genes, just make your selections out of the small percentage that actually autoflowers if you want to pass this forward.

you'll need a few generations to stabilize the autoflowering if that is your goal.

if you are intending on BX'ing it back to your hybrid AF then there should be a greater percentage of autoflowering progeny then the previous generation.

Check out "Aridbud's" response,VVV MUCH better worded than mine. VVV
    Last edited by Maple_Flail; 05-09-2018, 18:22.

Comment

P1 Photo x P1 Auto = F1 photo(recessive auto)
      F1 photo x f1 photo = F2 75% photo, 25% Auto
      F2 Auto x F2 Auto = F3 100% Auto

Cross the 2 F1s to go to f2. The f2 photos will be 66% recessive Auto, 33% non recessive. Two F2 photoperiods together could make some(25%) auto seeds if they're both holding the recessive auto gene. But if you manage to breed with one that's not recessive auto, you could go to f3 100% photoperiod(recessive auto), or if you cross 2 of the f2 photos not holding the recessive gene, you can go to f3 100% photoperiod non recessive. The only way to really test is to grow a bunch of beans you made and see if any auto.

That's without use of hormone manipulation.
      ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
      "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
      We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
      sigpic

Comment

^right, arid. yerz are da bomb! luvin the new strainz - fire!

Comment

Originally posted by aridbud View Post
          What about F1 Photo x P2 Auto(P1's brother), is this considered Auto backcross(BC or BX) ? What percentage of autoflower plants should come out of this?

Cheers
          :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Koon's A5s1 wannabe Dutch experience
          Zamaldelica, Thai x Panama, Oaxaca x Panama - summer of hell
          Chimera - SweetSkunk XL
          Zacatecas' and friends - Koon's spring of happiness
          RGS - LemonDrizzle
          ACE - Killer A5 Haze
          Lemonade OG under LEDs
          Taskenti X Satori (F1) under LEDs
          The Kore under LEDs(Amnesia Core cut S1)
          Panama X Malawi and GreenPCK X Panama under LEDs
          Zamaldelica x KaliChina under LEDs
          Pangi and Friends under LEDs
          Zamal Hashplants and Friends under LEDs
          Testing ..:: La Buena Hierba ::.. Outdoors

Comment

Originally posted by Koondense View Post
            What about F1 Photo x P2 Auto(P1's brother), is this considered Auto backcross(BC or BX) ? What percentage of autoflower plants should come out of this?

Cheers
            Photo F1 x auto = ~25% Growing out those, finding the autos to self, it increases, yet still semi-auto at that stage. We do 4 generations, back crossing w/ auto from F1/P2 for full stabilization.

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
            "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
            We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

sigpic

Comment

aridbud is correct
              take look on labuenahierba and
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65808

thanks
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, LBH. We're cranking them out full force now!

afterthought autos

sigpic

Comment

Arid, I am planning to cross a landrace sativa mom to a male ruderalis. When backcrossing to the photo Mother to increase the landrace gene pool, is it wiser to wait until you have f3, or can I select a male that autoflowers in the f2 generation and use that pollen to get new f1 seeds with less rudi genes and breed down to f4 from there? Or backcrossing one more time from f2 before moving down to f4 for a stable auto.?
                  My initial plan was breeding down to f4 to lock in auto traits, then do a backcross to the mom and repeat the process, gradually eliminating more of the rudi traits save the auto genes. Just wondered if I can save time by backcrossing from f2 instead of a later generation or two.
                  The ultimate stealth strain
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....27#post8830627

Comment

Hey teide, I sent arid a pm for ya letting him know you had a question. Wasn't sure he'd see it at the end of this thread. Once you hit 50 msgs you can pm yourself.
                    You may not vote on any more threads today.
                    Don't sweat the technique.
                    And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.

Comment

Thanks agentPothead!

Comment

Originally posted by teide View Post
                        Arid, I am planning to cross a landrace sativa mom to a male ruderalis. When backcrossing to the photo Mother to increase the landrace gene pool, is it wiser to wait until you have f3, or can I select a male that autoflowers in the f2 generation and use that pollen to get new f1 seeds with less rudi genes and breed down to f4 from there? Or backcrossing one more time from f2 before moving down to f4 for a stable auto.?
                        My initial plan was breeding down to f4 to lock in auto traits, then do a backcross to the mom and repeat the process, gradually eliminating more of the rudi traits save the auto genes. Just wondered if I can save time by backcrossing from f2 instead of a later generation or two.
                        Got the PM from Agent- thanks!!

Look back on this thread...it shows how many generations you need (my quips) for stable auto, approx 4 generations. Ruderalis is a recessive gene so you have to Bx the F1, F-2 of yours with auto, then F3 crossing to make F4....then grow those out to see if they are all autos.....if not, Bx again F3, F4 to auto.

It takes time to cross photo with auto (not like many breeders do crossing auto hybrids to fems).

Keep careful notes on phenos....F1, F2. F2 is a semi auto, but not 100%.

COM<BINED INFO:

Cross the 2 F1s to go to f2. The f2 photos will be 66% recessive Auto, 33% non recessive. Two F2 photoperiods together could make some(25%) auto seeds if they're both holding the recessive auto gene. But if you manage to breed with one that's not recessive auto, you could go to f3 100% photoperiod(recessive auto), or if you cross 2 of the f2 photos not holding the recessive gene, you can go to f3 100% photoperiod non recessive. The only way to really test is to grow a bunch of beans you made and see if any auto.

That's without use of hormone manipulation.

Photo F1 x auto = ~25% Growing out those, finding the autos to self, it increases, yet still semi-auto at that stage. We do 4 generations, back crossing w/ auto from F1/P2 for full stabilization.

afterthought autos

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the quick and lengthy answer, Aridbud! That is the way I would do it, and how I have read most suggesting it. But I guess there will be a higher percentage of the auto father genetics in the end product this way, especially with a final backcross to the auto parent to stabilize. I was hoping to minimize the ruderalis gene pool. So I have thought and read about cubing, or repeated backcrossing. Some claim backcrossing gradually minimizes one parent's genetics contribution to a few percent, so that in the end it is mostly the recurrent parent's genes left in the mix. So I planned on backcrossing several times and in the end breed down to f4 to achieve full auto. I have been told that if I am to backcross, I don't have to go to f3. I can cross a bunch of f1s, and choose the few ones who autoflower and backcross from those to the sativa mother. I thought maybe doing this a few times would give me a semi auto cross with more sativa gene pool and less ruderalis in the f2 stage than if just crossing the initial f1s from the first cross. Hope I make sense. Some say cubing is a crap shot and doesn't work, others say I will achieve a higher percentage sativa genes in the final auto. Mostly genes from the mother, but in a reshuffled order.
                          How would I proceed to wash out most genes from the ruderalis? Must I go to a stable auto generation and then backcross, and then repeat the process a few times, or can I do several backcrosses earlier, just to alter the genetic make up to mostly the recurrent mother, and then breed down to a fully auto generation? If I need three or four backcrosses, I would rather go from the f2 than the f3, saving time. What have I missed? Hope you are able to clarify.

Comment

I am still getting my head around the photo x auto process. It was a lot easier crossing an auto hybrid to fem and just looking for phenos, knowing all are auto. Or likewise crossing photo and just selecting for traits I like.
                            What I don't get is what exactly happens if I select one of the few f2 males that will auto (roughly 25% will auto I read) and backcross that one to the recurring mother. Then select offspring from this backcross that do autoflower in the new f2 generations and I cross these? Have I lost something important in the process? Or will I be at the same stage in the process of creating an auto, but with more genetics from the sativa recurring mother?

Comment

How would I proceed to wash out most genes from the ruderalis?What is that intention? Thought you wanted auto, or semi-auto. Crossing back to photo mother, you've got a photoperiod.

Have I lost something important in the process? Or will I be at the same stage in the process of creating an auto, but with more genetics from the sativa recurring mother? Yes, you've lost something in the process. Same stage as you started, pretty much.

Read up on Punnett and Mendel. Good luck!

afterthought autos

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X