What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making seeds. Question.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
As far as epigenetics go, sure you can methylate some genes in a lab and that will block the expression of that gene. Again, for it to be inheritable it has to happen in the germinal cells and remain that way following meiosis and fertilization. There is no evidence that this can occur naturally via an adaptation to stress or the environment.

Cheers

Actually there is. For 2 generations, following the famine that happened in Ireland, the bodies dug up and studied from grave yards being removed, showed a distinct reduction in size. That is height etc. There are 2 possible causes for this, and the combination of both is most likely:
1 epigenetic effects that reverse after a couple of generations, causing smaller bodies that require less food and
2 niche breeding environments causing the larger members of the population to starve allowing the smaller members to survive on reduced intake. This then allows their genes to be passed on where others aren't.

It could not be the second cause alone, due to the effect being temporary rather than evolutionary, hence epigenetic effects as a result of environmental affects.

However, the thread starter is a noob, feeling around in the dark. We've all been there. He just needs to ask questions rather than make statements hoping for them to be corrected by those who know.

PS trifoliar plants are born of trifoliar plants rather than as the result of the growing conditions of their parents. I believe I'm the authority on that subject.

terrier

seed question

seed question

if I brought regular seeds (autos) and just left them to it to pollenate each other would the seeds be all femanized

Koondense

Veteran
if I brought regular seeds (autos) and just left them to it to pollenate each other would the seeds be all femanized

You need to understand what "feminized" actually means and how such seeds are produced. So take a ride with mr google ;)

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's have a KISS definition . Keep It Simple & Stupid .
To get female seeds you need to cross 2 females together .

angelgoob

I'm crossing Think Different with my SourAK then inbreeding with a special technique that may or may not have been used by other people.

Gotta air clone. I think that's the word.

Also got 25ppm silver.

My plant is easy to pick out, 19 or 20 days it shows sex.

I've also been thinking about making a C99 autoflower, but that would be hard to do. But still everyone deserves it. You think if I used Fire99 and lemon60 or whatever that I could make a lemon C99 high autoflower? Now that's a dream. I bet the C99 high would turn more social...I bet!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A lack luster strain like Think Different will be part of your lack luster new hybrid....you do know that, right, a-goob?

angelgoob

I know.

But it'll be fast.

Gone are the days of 1% THC by weight weed bongs.

Coz as you know that's why they invented bongs coz it was 1%.

Really you don't think this strain will stone you and get rid of your headache?

TD is 16 to 18% THC mine is 12 to 15%. Yea so it's not the strongest.

Why do you think people buy TD? For yields and medical reasons.

Or do they think it's like the original kush - a strong high meant to stone and "lower IQ?"

The TD cross I grew was good enough for me.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
you don't get it. TD is a long flowering strain. crossing it aint gonna be a 55-60 day smash. peeps buy it only to find out its not all that and a bag of chips. its cuz they haven't tried better.

angelgoob

so you're saying crossing a faster one won't make it faster?

smash? You mean i won't get 60 day genotypes?

thanks for the feedback guys, everyone.