What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making seeds. Question.

angelgoob

Question: Will making seeds delay the maturity of the plant, will I be waiting longer than the maturity of the bud?

weedtoker

Veteran
Also, seeds usually need around 5-6 weeks to be "done", and seed mothers "eat" more, try to plan with that in mind also...

cheers

angelgoob

so more calmag weedtoker eh? and trace minerals.

Or can I starve them something fierce and they'll prouduce thinner shells.

These take 4 days to germinate and sprout open. and I'm counting each day.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feed them as normal through harvest & make hash or extract with the buds & leaf.

The idea is to produce healthy seed that will be viable for years.

Starving your plants at the end of the cycle could lead to immature unviable seed.

angelgoob

oh I didn't mention the starving is for certain reasons.

although i still need other really important things like calmag.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feed them as normal through harvest & make hash or extract with the buds & leaf.

The idea is to produce healthy seed that will be viable for years.

Starving your plants at the end of the cycle could lead to immature unviable seed.

So true.

stim

like they said don't pull them early you will be disappointed you must wait and I usually hang the plants for much longer up to a month so the seeds can dry but this is non essential just don't touch ripe seeds you will more than likely damage the seed's coating. I just did a large seed run where I couldn't f*ing wait any longer and at least one strain will be immature guaranteed oh well herm genetics anyway but you will not get any short cuts with proper seed making.

Koondense

Veteran
What reasons?
The guys with most experience suggest the opposite of what you're doing...why wouldn't you listen to them?

djonkoman

Veteran
so more calmag weedtoker eh? and trace minerals.

Or can I starve them something fierce and they'll prouduce thinner shells.

These take 4 days to germinate and sprout open. and I'm counting each day.

I don't use an exact feeding shedule so I haven't really tried it out, but I would guess a seeded plant especially needs more nitrogen as an unseeded one.

cannabisseeds contain a lot of protein. protein consists of amino-acids, and amino-acids have an amine-group, which contains a nitrogen atom.

angelgoob

aridbud I'll get back to you on that. You might be looking at my old plant pics or something. I dunno.

Anyways I didn't put enough soil in those pots. So i dont even know if I posted those pics or not.

I have a few pictures I'll post and you can tell me if it's lockout, but I don't believe you.

djonkoman thanks that's good info.

arid...back to this. one day i'll prove to people stuff. did you see my thread on how fast my autos were? meh. It's no big deal they're second fastest i've heard of ever and I have other ideas if you were in groups on facebook you'd know what my ideas were. I can't tell a breeder this, it's gotta stick in groups. Otherwise someone might catch on to what I've found out with my macro lens (laser pointer lens $1) and in regards to harvest time.

arid. I have an idea. I will post my plants pics. You try and guess the day they were on. I'll recheck my dates just to make sure for each pic, ok? deal? This should be fun.

angelgoob

picture.php

angelgoob

im breeding special. i just thought people were reading what I've been doing.

sorry about that I've been doubt yes it feels like there's something to prove.

Someone said my plants have lockout. HEHEHEHEHEH. So you know, your plants aren't being knocked or growing skills. pay attention to these people saying this BULL. Yea.

Latest posts

Latest posts