Making seeds. Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making seeds. Question.

Question: Will making seeds delay the maturity of the plant, will I be waiting longer than the maturity of the bud?
    I'm new to the game.

Typically seed production speeds bud maturation.
    https://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fo...s/profiles.htm

https://blog.nutri-tech.com.au/

Comment

Also, seeds usually need around 5-6 weeks to be "done", and seed mothers "eat" more, try to plan with that in mind also...

cheers
      Free your mind and your STASH will follow...

Comment

so more calmag weedtoker eh? and trace minerals.

Or can I starve them something fierce and they'll prouduce thinner shells.

These take 4 days to germinate and sprout open. and I'm counting each day.
        I'm new to the game.

Comment

bump.

weedtoker anybody.

more calmag? ah?
          I'm new to the game.

Comment

Feed them as normal through harvest & make hash or extract with the buds & leaf.

The idea is to produce healthy seed that will be viable for years.

Starving your plants at the end of the cycle could lead to immature unviable seed.
            https://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fo...s/profiles.htm

https://blog.nutri-tech.com.au/

Comment

oh I didn't mention the starving is for certain reasons.

although i still need other really important things like calmag.
              I'm new to the game.

Comment

Feed up through harvest. Your goal is very low quality smoking cannabis with very healthy seeds.
                Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
                DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
                DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
                6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
                8-Minute CBD Test
                Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

Comment

Originally posted by MJPassion View Post
                  Feed them as normal through harvest & make hash or extract with the buds & leaf.

The idea is to produce healthy seed that will be viable for years.

Starving your plants at the end of the cycle could lead to immature unviable seed.
                  So true.
                  ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                  "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                  We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                  sigpic

Comment

like they said don't pull them early you will be disappointed you must wait and I usually hang the plants for much longer up to a month so the seeds can dry but this is non essential just don't touch ripe seeds you will more than likely damage the seed's coating. I just did a large seed run where I couldn't f*ing wait any longer and at least one strain will be immature guaranteed oh well herm genetics anyway but you will not get any short cuts with proper seed making.

Comment

im going super low on the nutes.

there's reasons I thought you guys were listening to me.
                      I'm new to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by angelgoob View Post
                        im going super low on the nutes.

there's reasons I thought you guys were listening to me.
                        Maybe because your plants in small containers are experiencing lock out? You have much to learn.
                        ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                        "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                        We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by angelgoob View Post
                          so more calmag weedtoker eh? and trace minerals.

Or can I starve them something fierce and they'll prouduce thinner shells.

These take 4 days to germinate and sprout open. and I'm counting each day.
                          I don't use an exact feeding shedule so I haven't really tried it out, but I would guess a seeded plant especially needs more nitrogen as an unseeded one.

cannabisseeds contain a lot of protein. protein consists of amino-acids, and amino-acids have an amine-group, which contains a nitrogen atom.

Comment

aridbud I'll get back to you on that. You might be looking at my old plant pics or something. I dunno.

Anyways I didn't put enough soil in those pots. So i dont even know if I posted those pics or not.

I have a few pictures I'll post and you can tell me if it's lockout, but I don't believe you.

djonkoman thanks that's good info.

arid...back to this. one day i'll prove to people stuff. did you see my thread on how fast my autos were? meh. It's no big deal they're second fastest i've heard of ever and I have other ideas if you were in groups on facebook you'd know what my ideas were. I can't tell a breeder this, it's gotta stick in groups. Otherwise someone might catch on to what I've found out with my macro lens (laser pointer lens $1) and in regards to harvest time.

arid. I have an idea. I will post my plants pics. You try and guess the day they were on. I'll recheck my dates just to make sure for each pic, ok? deal? This should be fun.
                            I'm new to the game.

Comment

Working...
                            X