What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's all been breeding their own autos?

zif

Veteran
Wow, that one sure does get tall, how much bigger is it gonna get? Nice looking resin on the seeded calyx, thats ones gonna be a good seed for sure.

What has surprised me is that she has seeds less than an inch from her top - from a pollination before before the big stretch. Virtually all of her height is from expansion between nodes she already had!

I don’t think she’ll get much bigger. Hope not, anyway!

zif

Veteran
Hi folks here is my auto widow thai @ harvest day(96d after sprouting). 33d ago she was hit with photo pollen from that line.

View Image

View Image

The initial indoor cross was seedsman auto white widow x flash muay thai. Got a full male with no sings of fem flowers from the muay thai that looks like the other fem i got. For me it was the 1 in a 10000 male from fem seeds but cant say that for sure maybe cross pollination.

The f2 and f3 were made on my balcony with only 1 stray auto iirc but got ready at 48N. Nothing to mention about the males other than more males.

Testing the f3 indoors i was suprised by the auto popping up. Total it was 7/17 seedlings that turned out autoflowering. After 3 weeks all autos started flowering.

Here @ 4 weeks mixed with photo plants after taking clones.

View Image

View Image

The male side is weird. Got 10/17 males in the f3 with 5/7 in the auto side. None of the auto males produced pollen and the male flowers fell after tapping the plant. The photo side prodced 5/10 males with 1 producing pollen. This one had the male flowers not falling off, the other photo males reacted like the autos.

The photos +1 auto at 49d flower

View Image

I didn't manage to get clones from the photos none rooted. Also the viable male died ~10 after trying to reveg.

Chilliwilli

Weird! How far along were the male flowers before they would drop?

The females sure look good! =)

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
They would drop right from the beginning. When i don't manipulate they would grow till the star stripes appear and drop then. Chewing the male flowers didn't produced that greasy sandy mouthfeeling.

PDX Dopesmoker

They would drop right from the beginning. When i don't manipulate they would grow till the star stripes appear and drop then. Chewing the male flowers didn't produced that greasy sandy mouthfeeling.

I got an infertile female auto this summer, I've never had an infertile male or female before as far as I remember. I wish I knew how that female got to be infertile because having infertile females means you can grow sinsemilla next to your male plants. She had fertile sisters and brothers so its something more complicated than just the choice of parents. My infertile female auto produced excellent bud regardless it's genetic problem with making seeds, the blossoms were completely heathy and normal looking, they didn't fall off at all, I didn't even know the plant was seedless until after it was dried, I just figured the seeds were buried in the inside of the flowers & I couldn't see them.
This is the infertile one
GhH5vbE.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

My big auto female isn't as flat topped as it used to be, but its still pretty nicely aligned with the way the rest of the canopy is developing. I have some auto x regular crosses around the edge of the closet that I'm hoping to inbreed too. Nighttime is 11 hours 15 min now & some of the regular flowering ones are starting to show off their reproductive organs.
The plant in the foreground is Blueberry Purple Bubba Diesel Wreck White Widow Big Bud the Ripper auto F5 x Blueberry Blue Dream regular that a guy in Chicago made so I like to call it the Chicago Blues, that one is a dude & he is the only one of his type in the closet so I'll have to find him an appropriate mate, probably whichever of the other regular x auto groups that pop up all female. That tall skinny male stretching at top left is too complicated to describe; NL auto, parts of two African strains that I don't know exactly what they were because they were bagseed, stuck together with some Glue a bunch of other good stuff. The one just in front of that male is a girl, so I'll have a pair of those to mate & hopefully make some high potency, flavorful autos with.
BFijNe9.jpg

This is the male autos a couple days ago
eYCO5U7.jpg

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We're going to pay tribute to Captain Tom Moore, British Centurion and WWII serviceman , passed from COVID Feb. 2nd with the resurrection an older Malana (N. India village) auto strain, a Malana Charas hybrid we have in our vault.

Moore served in India and the Burma campaign during the Second World War, and later became an instructor in armored warfare, so we will cross the Manana with a Diesel auto in his honor.

On April 6, 2020, at the age of 99, Moore began to walk lengths of his garden in aid of NHS Charities Together, with the goal of raising £1,000 by his 100th birthday. He far exceeded that amount with the assistance of others.

Captain Sir Tom Moore has been knighted in the Queen's first official engagement in person since lockdown, July 2020.

The investiture to honor the 100-year-old, who raised more than £32m for NHS charities, was staged in a "unique ceremony" at Windsor Castle.

He was recognized for walking more than 100 laps of his garden in Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire.

Carry on, Captain! Tomorrow Will Be A Good Day.

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
We're going to pay tribute to Captain Tom Moore, British Centurion and WWII serviceman , passed from COVID Feb. 2nd with the resurrection an older Malana (N. India village) auto strain, a Malana Charas hybrid we have in our vault.

What a Cool project. Great way to honor such an Exceptional man.

Cheers!!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Moore served in India and the Burma campaign during the Second World War, and later became an instructor in armored warfare, so we will cross the Manana with a Diesel auto in his honor.

On April 6, 2020, at the age of 99, Moore began to walk lengths of his garden in aid of NHS Charities Together, with the goal of raising £1,000 by his 100th birthday. He far exceeded that amount with the assistance of others.

Captain Sir Tom Moore has been knighted in the Queen's first official engagement in person since lockdown, July 2020.

The investiture to honor the 100-year-old, who raised more than £32m for NHS charities, was staged in a "unique ceremony" at Windsor Castle.

He was recognized for walking more than 100 laps of his garden in Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire.

Carry on, Captain! Tomorrow Will Be A Good Day.

Here's Sir Thomas Moore, walking the laps of gardens in heaven.

IMG_20210429_103127482_BURST000_COVER.jpg
IMG_20210429_103135657_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20210429_103145327.jpg

We plan to chop the Malana/Charas x Diesel this weekend. I'm impressed by the resin (copious as seed descripts go) and aroma...hashy fuel-like.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
This is one of ReikoX's creations that I am growing. A Sugar Black Rose crossed with . . . I am guessing it might be Ghost Toof?

Attachments

• photo2041723.jpg
    photo2041723.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 90
  • attach17848563.jpg
    attach17848563.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 99

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20211004_121124969.jpg
Autumn camping trek. La Junta Canyon, Forest Road #76 NM.

Finished a purple hued SHARK auto hybrid (very tasty), Star Dawg x Chem D photo. Onward through the fog!!

THRESHER Shark hybrid. See #221

Last edited:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Star Dawg x Chem D
Sounds tasty indeed.

Popped a bunch of accidental crosses (Grapey Walker Kush x JLo) looking for the autoss. Got 4 females from 24 plants. The yellow cup has been sprayed with colloidal silver and should start dropping pollen soon.
PicsArt_10-01-11.42.07.jpg