What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

breeding a regular auto with a feminzed auto, is this asking for hermi trouble?

i want to grow a few diff auto strains, obviously my first choice will be the regular seeds but ill also get a few fems seeds of other varities, if i use the reg male with the fem female will this come to bite me in the ass in the form of hermies triats in the fem seed cross? should i just have reg seeds bang?

Intern@tional

ICMag Donor
If the feminised seeds were created using for example STS, then the fact that it is feminised has no impact on its hermie traits. It's chosing the right plants to breed that's important.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As above - Good advice IMO! ^

STS - OR CS inhibit the female hormone? So it's not like they were naturally hermie.

If 'FEM' beans were made from plants that put out male flowers with light stress (not chemical) or messing around with lighting etc and released viable pollen, then I could see those easily herming traits passing on down the line and once you have them it can be hard to erradicate from your lines.

Latest posts

Latest posts