What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any1 know breeding reg to auto

Canada

Alright, where to start.... Ive got a Royal Queen Amnesia Haze Seed which takes 12-14 weeks to flower . I will never be growing this out and flowering it .
So I was thinking maybe I should use colloidal silver on the Amnesia haze and use the pollon on a Royal Haze auto seed I have from Dinafem seeds

Now my understanding is that the seeds i retrive from this cross will result in 100% being female Amnesia haze X Road Runner, and 25 % being female autos.

I am under the impression that you must inbreed for the next 5-7 generations to get 100% autos and this is where im getting a bit confused .

Im not sure what would be my neXt step

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You won't get 25% AF in the F1 cross,

When you inbreed the F1's to make F2's it will be those that should have 25% AF coming out

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I've got a Paradise Seeds Vertigo autoflower that I will be pollinating with a Hybrid From Hell Hashplant (Amnesia haze is one component). The Hashplant male has begun flowering under a 16/8 light regimen. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

Canada

You won't get 25% AF in the F1 cross,

When you inbreed the F1's to make F2's it will be those that should have 25% AF coming out

ALright so im going to have to keep pollen from the reversed Amnesia haze and use it again in the F1 cross? is that inbreeding?

then grow F2's and find an auto female and cross that with the amnseia haze pollen again ?

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
No, you breed the f1s with their sibling f1s. Since you will have all females you'll need reverse one of the f1s for pollen.

autoflower why doesn't someone develop a auto harvest all you do is pick up buds from floor when they fall off like apples. just a though:blowbubbles:

oKiHai

I hope this isn't hijacking this thread I am a bit confused and have a few clarifying questions.

1. If I cross an auto female with a regular male are the seeds F1s?

2. Will any of the F1(the above mentioned offspring) be autos?

3. If the answer to the above is no, then do I run them as regulars and breed them all together to make F2s and then this is where I will start seeing the auto trait?

4. With assumptions made above I assume from the F2s and further on, I just pick the ones that auto under the 20/4 lighting and breed them with each other for a few more generations selecting the traits that I like to stabilize the auto trait and give me my new auto hybrid?
Does this sound about right?

Thanks in advance.

nordic_grower

I hope this isn't hijacking this thread I am a bit confused and have a few clarifying questions.

1. If I cross an auto female with a regular male are the seeds F1s?

2. Will any of the F1(the above mentioned offspring) be autos?

3. If the answer to the above is no, then do I run them as regulars and breed them all together to make F2s and then this is where I will start seeing the auto trait?

4. With assumptions made above I assume from the F2s and further on, I just pick the ones that auto under the 20/4 lighting and breed them with each other for a few more generations selecting the traits that I like to stabilize the auto trait and give me my new auto hybrid?
Does this sound about right?

Thanks in advance.
1. Yes
2. No, they will all carry the auto-gene, but since it's a recessive trait it won't show.
3. Yes. 25% of the F2s will be auto, 25% will be regular, 50% will be carriers of the auto-gene (but not autoflowering)
4. Pretty much.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Here you go:

attachment.php

Thx to the original poster

=K

oKiHai

Thank you Krull! So I assume in the F1 stage your diagram depicts that you choose the best producing and resinous phenos! Thank you

Canada

Breeding is alot to take in when your 1st starting out i need to pick up a "breeding for dummies book"

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
picture.php

The two on the left are Vertigo (Paradise) X Hashplant (HFH). Both parents flower quickly, are healthy and have strong potency. The Hash plants very photosensitive and require long days to stay in veg - they were bred at 55 degrees north.

The Vertigo is a comforting indica high that would have excellent medicinal effect. The Hashplant reminds me of good Columbians from the late 70's early 80's and is the best smoke -and tastiest- smoke I've had in many years.

These F1 plants emerged June 22nd and are now into full flower with the f2 seed crop well underway. I should have f2s growing by October. I plan to select two lines out of the f2s: regular photosensitive plants for early guerrilla grows and a full auto line. I hope to have the F3 lines planted by late January 2012 in time for spring seeds.

Here is a picture of the flowers on July 28, just 37 days since emergence. Pretty incredible since these plants were grown outside during the longest days of the year.
picture.php

The plant on the far right in the first picture is a mystery indica that was grown side by side with the Vertigo X Hashplants. The indica is much slower to trigger as she is only now getting flowers.

picture.php

The F1s have performed so well outside in my first tests that I am looking forward to running a dozen or so in my spring guerrilla grow next.year.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If anyone is interested I have about 1000 original lowryder seeds in the fridge from quality parents with nice resin and fruity skunky aroma and could send some into the server fund if you need good full auto pollen. The original lowryder #1 is probably the best single source genetically speaking for the reliable full auto genes and to breed with for that trait in my opinion. :tiphat:

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
I'd love to see some pure lowryder 1 at the bay, it seems most "Lowryder" is crossed with # 2. I've heard of very potent #1 phenos that have become rare since the original and would love to test for myself.

LiteUp

What if the OP did save the pollen though? What would be the outcome of a F1 hybrid immediately backcrossed to its fathers (auto) pollen. Just thinking, in this case would you actually go to something like 75% of the offsprings genetics being from the auto..maybe causing greater percentage of the F2 being auto???

Latest posts

Latest posts