What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When should i pollinate my lr2 to get a lot of seeds?

Maiko1

Im not sure when is the right time.ATM its been flowering for about 12 days so far.. Should i wait or pollinate them now?

A

auto guerilla

let the males hit em real good for a few days with atleast a month left in growth cycle for seeds to fully mature. you can do it sooner but you should take away males for the last month so all seeds are mature. others will have more detailed answers i only breed for myself. peace

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Usually about 3-4 weeks from the start of flowering (strain dependant)

As autog says, you will need to let them mature for at least 4 weeks after pollination.

For the most amount of seeds you want to time it so there is the MAX amount of white pistils before pollinating, when the first couple of pistils turn amber you know you're just over that peak/

Maiko1

well then i think its the right time because lowryder 2 life cycle is just 2 months and its been growing for a while now...

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dont forget you can keep them going longer than the 60 days if you are growing for seeds, just give them a little more N to help them out.

The time cycle can be extended and is different to if you were planning to be taking them down for smoke

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
For LR#2 it is around Day 45, you need to let your plants produce as many calyxes as possible before they start to pollinate, early pollination results in smaller buds with less seeds. Harvest your seeds 30 days after you pollinate, give or take a few days, watch your seeds and be sure they are ripe, then cut down the entire plant and dry it well before taking the seeds out.

SGS

Latest posts

Latest posts