What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Collecting pollen from tiny plants?

Sandnut

Why would you want to breed with this male? look at him! :biglaugh:

If you really want to, just collect the pollen of him if he makes it that far, give him a good shake in a container and scrap the pollen up

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Well i hope thats not a runt, if its a runt i wouldnt breed with it. But considering it looks very unhealthy i figure its not a genetic problem..

If you really wanna use that male for breeding, put a piece of cardboard(Beer box) covered in aluminum foil under the plant... You can cut a slit so it will fit around the base... make sure not to make the slit too big or you will lose pollen...

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
omg you want that in your gene pool.............

if you must just pull it out when you notice it is dropping pollen and dust it on the whore you want to bang up :)

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran

the question is not can you? it is can YOU? if that THING has opening male flowers, there is pollen. Do something like the advice given about cardboard and foil if you can dude. You know if theres even a small bit of pollen, its like super lite yellow dust. Forget what they're saying about genetics,, that plant is fucked up, but you're right, the pollen (if any), could be great even though the donor is daft and runted.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
If a plant is stunted it doesn't hurt the genetics of the pollen does it? I wouldn't think so. So the pollen from this plant would be no better then a healthy plant other then the healthy plant would produce more.

Nope not genetic just extremely stunted. From nute burn early in life. Believe it or not this plant is over a month old. Good idea 20/4 I'll give it a try.

Right on J-toker, a stunted, and retarded plants genetics are unaffected by the poor growth. all you need is like a nanogram of pollen to knock that whore up! :jump:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
I wasnt saying stunting or being unhealthy can change the genetic makeup, thats FALSE. But if the plant is in poor health, like the one above (no offense at all) then you wont see the full potential to see if the plant is worth breeding... But since you are just trying to make more seeds to grow more marijuana, go for it... :)

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
to do list:
make seeds
grow weed
smoke weeds

:smoker:

yeahthatsign.gif
:joint:

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
You can hire a group of worker ants to do the job... :biglaugh:
...or some foil underneath as mentioned.

Latest posts

Latest posts