What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

breeding auto questions

Canada

Here it goes my 1st adventure .

Ordered two packs of the joint doctors mix packs 20 reg seeds in all from the adittude seed bank . My plan is to use these seeds to make my own seeds . Out of 10 seeds i started with i now have 3 females and 1 male suitable to breed with . the light ( 1k hps) has been on 24/7

My question is this :

Can I after pollention turn the light cycle to 12/12 so i can flower the out of controll non autos in the room with no neg effects on the breeding ?

the END

Theoretically, Yes & No.
Be prepared to let them go a little longer to compensate fro the lack of light and you should end up with mature seeds.... Forget about having a stash of bud though!

*mr.mike*

I would recommend tying them down and continue on at 24 hours of good light. If you're trying to look for traits, you'd want them to be operating at full potential.

It's a mix pack. they're ALL suitable for what you want to do. Make tons of seed, use ALL the plants, and worry about selection after a couple of generations. Right now you're just shooting birdshot through a pigeon coop. Make it fun!

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Wow i wanna see those 3 females after 70days under a 1000watt light! Who is with me?!

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Wow...I wanna see those 3 auto females ran under 1000 watts of light, its prolly still a waste but they would be MASSIVE... Who is with me?! 1000watts @ 20/4 light all 70 days!

Canada

Theoretically, Yes & No.
Be prepared to let them go a little longer to compensate fro the lack of light and you should end up with mature seeds.... Forget about having a stash of bud though!

Not concerned at all about getting any bud from the autos jsut loooking for a few hundred seeds . Ive isolated the 3 best females and crossed it with the tallest and bushy male . im very pleased with them so far

Canada

Wow...I wanna see those 3 auto females ran under 1000 watts of light, its prolly still a waste but they would be MASSIVE... Who is with me?! 1000watts @ 20/4 light all 70 days!

My room stays around 70f with 1 k hps runnign @ 24/7 with no ventilation as it cools the room to the low 50's when on (trying to figure the vent out) so after i get my seeds im gogin to do a 2k hps 160 plant vertical wall of green so stay tuned .

C

cheesey

Not concerned at all about getting any bud from the autos jsut loooking for a few hundred seeds . Ive isolated the 3 best females and crossed it with the tallest and bushy male . im very pleased with them so far

if u are only wanting a few hundred seeds theres no need to seed the whole plant . a auto fully seeded will give between 1200 and 2400 seeds per p[lant . 1 bud can hold 400 plus seeds .
there was over 1000 seeds in my nycd auto

C

cheesey

My room stays around 70f with 1 k hps runnign @ 24/7 with no ventilation as it cools the room to the low 50's when on (trying to figure the vent out) so after i get my seeds im gogin to do a 2k hps 160 plant vertical wall of green so stay tuned .

so u going to germ 300 plus seeds just to find 160 female autos ? in a room with no ventilation

Canada

so u going to germ 300 plus seeds just to find 160 female autos ? in a room with no ventilation
thats the plan after one more attepmt @ breeding with cs method for fem seeds . i really cant figure out a way to vent this area and keep is above 50 with out having to seal the room and buy a controller and burner

vicious bee

Put a coleman duel fuel lantern in the room for heat and CO2. Put the ventilation fan on a attic thermostat so it doesn't overheat. Only pollinate the bottom buds. When the top is done cut it off. Leave the bottom buds to finish the seed.

vicious bee

I just fill it up with gasoline once a day and it runs all night to provide heat and CO2. Pump it all the way up and it will keep burning on high til the tank runs out. More or less might be better. I've used propane also but it tends to be expensive. You could figure out the PPM of gasoline to make a certain amount of CO2. It's been a long time since I've had chemistry but for each gallon of gas your car burns, it releases about 19 pounds of carbon dioxide. So I guess a quart in the tank or so equals about 5 pounds of CO2 per day.
http://www.slate.com/id/2151794/
I don't know what the proper levels of CO2 but there are there are several threads here that should tell you. Hmm, I need to look that up myself. Looking at my plants I could probably use a little more but cost and convenience becomes an issue. One problem with propane is I believe it will have more ethylene released when burned. Not necessarily bad it might change your grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts