What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto's from scratch! Ruderalis Skunk X ???

nealcook420

I come across lots of thread with people following their progress with Lowryder crosses. There are also lots of strains that can be bought that have lowryder in their genes. I am not an "auto hater" I am actually the opposite, I love auto's and am currently collecting beans and making my own strains with the beans that I have already.
I have just been wondering why I haven't seen any body making an auto from a pure of mostly Ruderalis strain like Ruderalis Skunk or Ruderalis Indica? There is an Afghani x Ruderalis strain out there that has an Autoflowering phenotype that shows up 50%-70% of the time, Why hasn't there been any crosses made with one of these types of strains?
I can't seem to find any accounts of breeding projects with one of these Rudy strains as a parent, So I have placed a couple of orders on my favorite seed bank.
I have ordered Ruderalis Indica & Ruderalis Skunk.
I have 4 photoperiod strains to breed the Autoflowering Rudy with-
10x Master Kush
5x Skunk #1
5x Haze #1
5x Pure Afghani Kush

"S**** SEEDS"Ruderalis Skunk is the most powerful descendent of Cannabis Ruderalis. By bringing the auto-flowering advantage to Skunk #1’s dependable potency and yield, we have created a tough, rewarding outdoor hybrid for growers with short and unpredictable summers. Cannabis Ruderalis grows wild across north-eastern Europe and is able to survive the harsh and varied climate through adaptations such as its auto-flowering capability. Wild Ruderalis plants flower according to age rather than a declining photoperiod, which allows them to take advantage of the warmest, brightest part of their brief growing season.
Ruderalis Indica was bred to be a psychoactive hybrid with features inherited mainly from C.Ruderalis – broad, tough, bushy plants with the full auto-flowering ability – and a much higher THC content than the wild strain. The Ruderalis Skunk breeding program achieved almost the reverse – a Skunk hybrid that retains the potency, yield and vigour of its exceptional family line, inheriting only the unique flowering trait of the land-race.

Around 50% of Ruderalis Skunk plants will auto-flower. As with Ruderalis Indica, blooming starts at the 5th to 7th set of branches – typically within 5-10 weeks of germination, depending on how quickly plants are able to vegetate in a given climate. The other 50% of plants grown from cannabis seed will react to photoperiod, and will be triggered to flower around the same time as strains such as Early Girl and Early Skunk. This makes it possible for garden growers to have a double harvest each season with Ruderalis Skunk, and also means that photo-reactive plants will generally finish larger and yield more.
Ruderalis Skunk conforms to a Skunk growth pattern, gaining slightly more height in blooming than an Indica, without the enormous potential stretch of a Sativa. Auto-flowering individuals will rarely exceed 2m at full size. Flower formation is strong and fast, with thick tops clustering at every internode and extending along stem and branches. Resin production is clearly taken from the Skunk side of the family, covering buds and the single-bladed leaflets which grow from them.

Yield: up to 300 gr

10 regular cannabis seeds

Ruderalis indica may as well produce an autoflowering phenotype for me to stabelize, I want to do an easy cross first just to figure out some basic methods. I will first cross the auto Rudy cross with Skunk #1, After I have made an auto Skunk I will move on to an Auto Master Kush. My true goal is to make an 100% Auto Haze #1, I will need help and when I make my first set of Rudy x ??? F1's I will need all the help anybody can offer. This will be an autoflowering strain without Lowryder as a parent, I think that an non-Lowryder auto would be very welcome.

Attachments

• ruderalis_skunk.jpg
    ruderalis_skunk.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 67

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds interesting...

I think most AF's are made from LR or LR derivatives as the auto gene is locked down 100% in them.. So it's perhaps easier than trying a Rudy x Non AF cross

It might be worth running the Ruderalis skunk a few times to get a measure on it? sounds like they could be semi-autos rather than being day neutral?

If they are late AF's that had more of a veg period but will still flower fully under 24/0, 20/4, or 18/6 etc that would be cool

What are your goals for the strain you want to make?
For indoor or outdoor?, How before sexing occurs? Flowertime? (total grow time?)

anyway mate wish you all the best with it, keep us posted :)

mc

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
is that Sensi Seeds Skunk Ruderalis? if so there was a guy already working on this stuff and he didnt like how the quality of the skunk ruder ended up. as the wild ruder was used. the autoflowering strains we have today are FAR superior to the old Skunk and indica ruderalis crosses. look around for grow reports of the new AFs being released now, those are the ones you should use to make NEW AF x NON AF crosses for a start to make an original New AF hybrid.

nealcook420

The wild Mexican Rudy was used to make LR originally bro, It was in the cross with Willies wonder and Northern Lights. To me its a goal to grow those bitches till I lock down an auto pheno Ruderalis Skunk or R. Indica. It will take time but it Will be done, It'll take well over a year to get the Rudy s. x Something Photo to true auto. To get something that I am looking for in the new auto will take time also but the process is already started.

smokefrogg

Veteran
i wish you success with it, would be cool to see another besides just lowryder based stuff and that iranian one that nobody seems to have but i keep hearing about haha